Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
1:55: The interviewer asks BB: "How's your mom doing?"

BB pauses and QX reaches out and touches BB on her arm.

Several seconds pass.

2:14: BB states "I haven't talked to her."

The interviewer asks: "Really? Why is that?"

BB answers: "I don't know".

Maleah Davis: Mom Brittany Bowens answers tough questions in KHOU interview

ETA I find it very interesting that BB hasn't spoken with her mother since Maleah has been missing/presumed deceased.

Remember that BB called her mother in the past when Maleah was injured and BB2 advised BB to take Maleah to the hospital.

I noticed that touching when he didn't want her to talk also. What you are referring to is about 6 minutes and 27 seconds into the interview. She said she hasn't talked to her because her mother doesn't want to be in the media, it's too much for her. WTF? What does talking to her daughter have to do with she doesn't want to be in the media and it's too much for her? That totally did not make sense and I put it in my notes.

Wow, I do not know when the criminal complaint was made public because I honestly have not seen it until now.

....Brittany confirms it is her car that drops of DV, so I will trust that for now. So...hmm...moo- I kinda feel I can identify/determine who was likely driving the car and dropped DV off. These two had ample time to contrive such a false scenario that they are sticking to. DV is not talking....smart of him. BB, she can't keep her mouth shut and is going to hang herself if she has not already. BB is a mess of contradictions. I would not be surprised to learn they are both equally culpable and know they will both go down so all the smoke and mirrors and "victim" playing. No wonder Grandma (BB2) is not speaking to her daughter.
IMO it was either BB or DV’s brother who dropped DV off at the hospital. Jmo

Wow, I do not know when the criminal complaint was made public because I honestly have not seen it until now.

....Brittany confirms it is her car that drops of DV, so I will trust that for now. So...hmm...moo- I kinda feel I can identify/determine who was likely driving the car and dropped DV off. These two had ample time to contrive such a false scenario that they are sticking to. DV is not talking....smart of him. BB, she can't keep her mouth shut and is going to hang herself if she has not already. BB is a mess of contradictions. I would not be surprised to learn they are both equally culpable and know they will both go down so all the smoke and mirrors and "victim" playing. No wonder Grandma (BB2) is not speaking to her daughter.
You can find it here under the images tab. You need to create a free login first:

Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

ETA search case number 163111001010- 3, or his name

I love it that they are doing these television rounds. Lol!
Hopefully it's giving the investigators plenty to work with and things to question her on with the discrepancies.
I don't think she learned the number one crime rule of "do not talk". Of course most of us would be on television everyday if our child was missing, but I don't think Maleah's missing case is going to be like others. In other words, I don't believe she is completely innocent.

I just listened to three of her interviews, working backwards from the one she just did. I would love to have in one post all of her interviews, with the time line attached to what date they were given. It was very interesting listening to three of them one after the other while I was cleaning my garage. I then had to listen to two of them again and watch the body language because it was so strange how she pauses after each question. She doesn't either together her thoughts to what she is going to say, or she is waiting for Mr. X to touch her arm and tell her not to answer it or to let him speak Etc. I'd like to go back to the first ones and see how she has been groomed in doing interviews for such. Back-to-back I want to watch all of them at one time. Perhaps this weekend!

Last edited:
I just listened to three of her interviews, working backwards from the one she just did. I would love to have in one post all of her interviews, with the time line attached to what date they were given. It was very interesting listening to three of them one after the other while I was cleaning my garage. I then had to listen to two of them again and watch the body language because it was so strange how she pauses after each question. She doesn't either together her thoughts to what she is going to say, or she is waiting for ex to touch her arm and tell her not to answer it or to let him speak Etc. I'd like to go back to the first ones and see how she has been groomed in doing interviews for such. Back-to-back I want to watch all of them at one time. Perhaps this weekend!
Q is her ex? Do tell.

. I then had to listen to two of them again and watch the body language because it was so strange how she pauses after each question. She doesn't either together her thoughts to what she is going to say, or she is waiting for ex to touch her arm and tell her not to answer it or to let him speak Etc. I'd like to go back to the first ones and see how she has been groomed in doing interviews for such. Back-to-back I want to watch all of them at one time. Perhaps this weekend!
More interesting are the questions that she didn't pause compared to the questions she did pause. No pause on questions about fear or abuse by DV.

KHOU Interview

• How are you coping? - la-la-la, bunch of poor me ...
  • Since Maleah went missing there are stories everyday, are you watching the news? - No, I can't. I don't watch TV.
  • Social media? - No, my friends do, but I don't.
  • How's your Mom doing? - Long emotional pause ... I haven't talked to her. Asked why is that? I don't know, it's like ever since ... she doesn't want to be in the media and I'm ok with that.
  • Is there something going on between you that you aren't talking, it seems surprising given what you are going through, you want to talk to your Mom? - I want to talk to my mom, it's too much for her.
  • Let's go back to the beginning of this story, you left town to go to your Dad's memorial service. It's been reported you had an argument with DV before you left, what was that about? - QX jumps in to answer; they were having some relationship issues, because she discovered infidelity. He had been entertaining others in a very inappropriate manner. She confronted him about that issue after she was already gone to the airport.
  • Did DV take you to the airport? - No my friend took me to the airport.
  • Did you call him? - No I texted him. QX: those text messages have been given to authorities and so we don't want to rehash that right now, because all of that is going to come out in a trial some day soon. But all that exchange between the two of them about that infidelity, the inappropriate pictures of a sexual nature that she had discovered him sending to someone else, thats going to come up, but all that was provided after I got involved to investigators. That they needed to see those things, because I believe it spoke to motive IMO, based on what we saw. Those pictures had the potential to expose a hidden secret of his about his sexuality, and once she confronted him about that while being at the airport. I believe that speaks to the motive of this entire tragedy of Meleah being missing.
  • So Brittney let me ask you, when you confronted him by text, how did he respond? - QX: he responded by text message, but he kept calling and she wouldn't answer.
  • So was he angry or upset? BB: He was upset, not angry QX: He was upset that she would not respond or communicate with him.
  • Were you comfortable leaving town with your children with DV? - Yes because in my mind whatever we had going on had nothing to do with the children.
  • When you came back, we heard the story about the kidnapping, he was attacked, he and one of your children were left alone, he goes to the hospital the next day. The story quite frankly sounded so far fetched, many people did not believe it. Did you believe it? - I wanted to believe it, I mean believing that story. I would rather believe somebody took my child, than someone I had a home with did something. QX: I think it cheapens the truth to call it a story.
Left off at 11:32-

Former FBI agent: More evidence needed for murder charge in Maleah Davis case
[...]

A former FBI agent says Houston Police likely have a fair amount of evidence already but to prove a murder investigators will need more.

“Until a body is found there is no proof or definitive evidence of a murder or of an abduction,” said former FBI agent and president of Global Intel Strategies James Conway.

“We have to operate under the premise the little girl could still be alive and could be found alive and could be with a family member somewhere. So until police have definitive evidence of an abduction or a murder they cannot make a case, so to speak.”

[...]

“We live in a world today where surveillance video is completely pervasive and that’s been a key thing in the case,” Conway said. “The surveillance video of the suspect and the little girl the last time she was seen and of course there is follow up video of the suspect carrying a laundry basket and a plastic bag, all of that is being drilled down by investigators.”

[...]

Former FBI agent discusses Maleah Davis case

I respectfully disagree with the agent - not because I'm a professional or because I'm smarter but rather because I believe LE will be able to build a no-body case.

For one thing, right now we don't know how much blood was found in the home so it's possible it was copious enough to consider substantial blood loss, maybe even enough to say it was fatal.

Also, the complete videos have not been released and it's highly likely LE has been able to put together a solid timeline of events from the parts we've not yet seen.

Add the cadaver dogs hitting on the trunk of the Altima and whatever other evidence the forensics unit have found (like the garbage bag, laundry basket and the rest of what was found when processing the Altima). And we still have no info on the person who dropped DV at the hospital. LE may very well have a strong case.

Certainly a confession or eyewitness would go a long way but I don't see this as a no go case for murder. JMO though.

I think BB's answer to being asked if she has spoken to her mom was really strange, and she really did not answer. She said she wants to talk to her Mom, but also said "she (bb's mom) does not want to be in the media" and then says, "it's too much for her." I think Grandma knows a lot more about Maleah and what transpired and is smart [respectfully snipped] think BB's mom could very likely know a lot more and is furiously mad at her daughter and wants "hands off" of all of it.

Moo, as does her ex-husband.

ETA, down thread it was corrected that the father of M was not ever her husband. Sorry, I'm referring to the childs father.

Last edited:
Well..according to BB2, BB was "washing clothes" there on Monday, April 29th. And in the recent "interview" BB said they just did "laundry" May 1st. Laundry is the key IMO. What are these monsters hiding?
This quote from abc13’s article today makes it seem like the laundry may not have been brought home that night. Also sounds like BB2 may have done the laundry? Or it could be that BB started it, but couldn’t wait for it to be completely done and dried.

Bowens also shared what she thought about surveillance photos showing Vence before and after her daughter's disappearance, including the image showing him carrying a laundry basket with a black trash bag inside from the family's apartment.

"I couldn't think but ask 'Is that Maleah?'" Bowens said. "Why do you have that basket when you just got laundry from my mother on the first? What are you doing with the basket? What is that? I know our routine. That's not laundry."
Source: Maleah Davis' mother: 'I want to hope that she is (still alive)'

Last edited:
KHOU Interview
  • How are you coping? - la-la-la, bunch of poor me ...
  • Since Maleah went missing there are stories everyday, are you watching the news? - No, I can't. I don't watch TV.
  • Social media? - No, my friends do, but I don't.
  • How's your Mom doing? - Long emotional pause ... I haven't talked to her. Asked why is that? I don't know, it's like ever since ... she doesn't want to be in the media and I'm ok with that.
  • Is there something going on between you that you aren't talking, it seems surprising given what you are going through, you want to talk to your Mom? - I want to talk to my mom, it's too much for her.
  • Let's go back to the beginning of this story, you left town to go to your Dad's memorial service. It's been reported you had an argument with DV before you left, what was that about? - QX jumps in to answer; they were having some relationship issues, because she discovered infidelity. He had been entertaining others in a very inappropriate manner. She confronted him about that issue after she was already gone to the airport.
  • Did DV take you to the airport? - No my friend took me to the airport.
  • Did you call him? - No I texted him. QX: those text messages have been given to authorities and so we don't want to rehash that right now, because all of that is going to come out in a trial some day soon. But all that exchange between the two of them about that infidelity, the inappropriate pictures of a sexual nature that she had discovered him sending to someone else, thats going to come up, but all that was provided after I got involved to investigators. That they needed to see those things, because I believe it spoke to motive IMO, based on what we saw. Those pictures had the potential to expose a hidden secret of his about his sexuality, and once she confronted him about that while being at the airport. I believe that speaks to the motive of this entire tragedy of Meleah being missing.
  • So Brittney let me ask you, when you confronted him by text, how did he respond? - QX: he responded by text message, but he kept calling and she wouldn't answer.
  • So was he angry or upset? BB: He was upset, not angry QX: He was upset that she would not respond or communicate with him.
  • Were you comfortable leaving town with your children with DV? - Yes because in my mind whatever we had going on had nothing to do with the children.
  • When you came back, we heard the story about the kidnapping, he was attacked, he and one of your children were left alone, he goes to the hospital the next day. The story quite frankly sounded so far fetched, many people did not believe it. Did you believe it? - I wanted to believe it, I mean believing that story. I would rather believe somebody took my child, than someone I had a home with did something. QX: I think it cheapens the truth to call it a story.
Left off at 11:32-
Great job, Knox! It was so annoying when QX kept butting in to answer the questions. I wanted to hear it in her own words. Gah, I wish he would just GO AWAY. :rolleyes:

The only thing I can say positive about the mom is she always had Maleah dressed nicely and her hair styled beautifully. At least on all the pictures that I have viewed.

Narcissistic people make their children extensions of themselves, children are objects, to be used to garner more attention to themselves. Don't confuse it with actually caring.

And the worst part about being an object, if you mess up your hair or clothes, as children would do, you no longer look "perfect", so you get beat. (That will teach you to mess up your pretty hair and dress). The rage of the narcissist, goes crazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members