CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: removed broken quotes>

Remember to keep your eyes on the prize here. KK's testimony/information is necessary to nail PF. He MUST be held responsible with a major sentence so the baby K can stay with CB. Like it or not, KK's testimony and help is essential.

Last edited by a moderator:
She absolutely will never work as an RN again. I’m sure she knows that, IMO. If she doesn’t want to have the Board not accept her license renewal and is smart (which I think she is) it would make the most sense, as Southern suggested earlier, that she would simply not renew and then her license would just be noted to be “inactive”.

This will all be taken care of before she is set to renew on 8/31/21. She will have the revocation on her license - I'd bet my house on it.

I am surprised too! I’m from Florida and she’d never get a license renewal there again after what she did - and shouldn’t IMO.

She won't. That's not what the BON says at all. All it says is nothing AUTOMATICALLY disqualifies you. That there is a process the BON goes through to evaluate each case. And, IMO, that's actually BETTER in this case since what she pled guilty to does not encompass the entire scenario. The BON will hear this case and see everything - not just what she pled guilty to. Again, IMO.

KK has pled guilty to a felony.
She has not been sentenced yet.
She'll be sentenced at the conclusion of PF's trial, per her agreement with the DA.

DA May doesn't control the Idaho State Licensing Board.
He doesn't set their rules and guidelines for nursing licensure.
That isn't his problem, nor is it his responsibility.

We don't know that KK is going to walk.
It's very premature to say that.
She could be sentenced to up to 3 years in prison.
That's going to be up to to the judge.

DA May is making it look easy.
But make no mistake:
It ain't as easy as it looks.
This is a no-body case, and they're notoriously tricky.

DA May didn't "take the easy way out."
He made an extremely tough choice.
He chose to make the deal, because he knew that KK could make the case against PF ironclad.

The deal was a necessary means to a necessary end.

PF's end.

JMO.

EXACTLY.

<removed deleted quote>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of coming in here out of nowhere and haven't caught up with the posts yet but I kind of feel it's being overlooked that PF kept KB away from everyone in his circle. We don't actually know that Ma F kicked KB out. PF could have just made it up. I can't imagine he treats Ma F with much respect either. Mr Moore didn't know KB lived in WP. He thought she was in GJ. He may not have even known her name. KL said she didn't know KB's name. PF's family didn't even know KB. How were these people (except KK) supposed to report anything with so little knowledge of KB?

I'm kind of coming in here out of nowhere and haven't caught up with the posts yet but I kind of feel it's being overlooked that PF kept KB away from everyone in his circle. We don't actually know that Ma F kicked KB out. PF could have just made it up. I can't imagine he treats Ma F with much respect either. Mr Moore didn't know KB lived in WP. He thought she was in GJ. He may not have even known her name. KL said she didn't know KB's name. PF's family didn't even know KB. How were these people (except KK) supposed to report anything with so little knowledge of KB?
They could ask. They could have found out if they wanted to. We do.
They just didn't care.

The account of KB being kicked out came from her mom, who got that information from KB herself. It wasn’t PF relaying that.

As for those people not knowing KB, you have a point. But law enforcement would have investigated PF and figured out who KB was.

Refresher on the mindset of the man that thought he'd get full custody of his daughter. More witnesses next week??

Patrick Frazee's blowup after daughter's birth prompted call to Social Services, search documents show

March 7, 2019

A Teller County man accused of bludgeoning his fiancee to death with a baseball bat reacted so abusively to hospital staff after the birth of the couple’s daughter that Social Services was called to determine if the mother was in danger, according to search warrants released Wednesday.

[...]

Because the girl was born three weeks early, she needed extra medical care, so doctors wouldn’t let Berreth keep the baby in her room, according to the warrant application.

[...]

That angered Frazee, who believed the baby should spend her first few hours bonding with her parents.

“Patrick became so upset and verbally abusive with the nursing staff that Social Services was notified,” Woodland Park police Cmdr. Christopher Adams wrote, citing an account by Berreth’s mother, Cheryl Berreth.

The girl was removed from the couple’s care until a safety evaluation could be done “to determine if Kelsey was being physically abused by Patrick.”

Last edited:
I'm trying to quote #MassGuy but it's not letting me. I know the info regarding Ma F kicking KB out came from KB herself but are we sure Ma F said that to KB or did PF relay to KB that Ma F had said that. And who knows what PF had told Ma F about KB to have an unfavorable opinion of KB.

I'm trying to quote #MassGuy but it's not letting me. I know the info regarding Ma F kicking KB out came from KB herself but are we sure Ma F said that to KB or did PF relay to KB that Ma F had said that. And who knows what PF had told Ma F about KB to have an unfavorable opinion of KB.
Oh, I see what you’re saying. Lying certainly wouldn’t be beneath this guy.

Refresher on SF not having to testify at the Preliminary Hearing (not Immunity), and teeth found in several rooms.

Patrick Frazee's blowup after daughter's birth prompted call to Social Services, search documents show

March 7, 2019

No charges have been filed against Sheila Frazee in the case, and her attorney, Joshua Tolini of Colorado Springs, declined to comment, citing a gag order.

Prosecutors called Sheila Frazee to the stand at a hearing for her son, but a judge ruled that she didn’t have to testify after her attorney indicated she would assert her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

During that hearing, El Paso County District Attorney Dan May said he wanted to question Sheila Frazee about a witness’ report that she saw her son burning evidence on their Florissant-area ranch.

[...]

Investigators later found adult teeth in “multiple rooms,” as well as a sheet that might contain blood, but it’s unclear if the items have been tested or if they are related to the crime.

It has come to my attention that some unsubstantiated information was unintentionally posted in previous threads and that the conversation has now carried over onto this one. I am starting a clean up but it’s going to take awhile because y’all know how fast these threads have been moving and how much information is contained in them. I’d respectfully ask you all to drop the subject and move on. There is enough NEW content to be discussed here without harping on the past! Thanks for your cooperation.

The chatter about granting immunity to witnesses reminds me of the Delphi case (?? whether it was granted here).
In the Delphi Case, it appeared people feared being interviewed by LE, as the man who owned the property where the girls were found, was arrested, charged and placed into jail, due to unrelated events regarding the murders.
I guess, if one has committed an offense/having a criminal background, you may not wish to talk to LE regarding another investigation.

The chatter about granting immunity to witnesses reminds me of the Delphi case (?? whether it was granted here).
In the Delphi Case, it appeared people feared being interviewed by LE, as the man who owned the property where the girls were found, was arrested, charged and placed into jail, due to unrelated events regarding the murders.
I guess, if one has committed an offense/having a criminal background, you may not wish to talk to LE regarding another investigation.
Correct.I suspect this happens a lot.

Refresher on the mindset of the man that thought he'd get full custody of his daughter. More witnesses next week??

March 7, 2019

A Teller County man accused of bludgeoning his fiancee to death with a baseball bat reacted so abusively to hospital staff after the birth of the couple’s daughter that Social Services was called to determine if the mother was in danger, according to search warrants released Wednesday.

[...]

Because the girl was born three weeks early, she needed extra medical care, so doctors wouldn’t let Berreth keep the baby in her room, according to the warrant application.

[...]

That angered Frazee, who believed the baby should spend her first few hours bonding with her parents.

“Patrick became so upset and verbally abusive with the nursing staff that Social Services was notified,” Woodland Park police Cmdr. Christopher Adams wrote, citing an account by Berreth’s mother, Cheryl Berreth.

The girl was removed from the couple’s care until a safety evaluation could be done “to determine if Kelsey was being physically abused by Patrick.”
WOW. This just makes me so sad.

I don't know if this has been addressed since I haven't got to read all the posts yet....
"We don't actually know that Ma F kicked KB out."
Yes, we do know. It was CB who testified on the stand to it.

Finally got the chance to check in! Praying for Kelsey and her family.

Can someone please direct me to the no-discussion media thread? I need to catch up. This case is one of the most upsetting I’ve ever seen. I can’t seem to find it. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6