Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Kick Back and Unwind - Off Topic Side Chat

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread is Open:

Please acknowledge before proceeding

Emotions and frustration are running rampant in the thread and taking it out on others is not permitted. If you need a break, take a break. Continuing to engage in this fashion is not moving the conversation forward.

Of Note:
-Move on from bickering
-Let go of the domestic violence debates
-Stop bringing in mental health

Tip: When you feel most compelled to hit "post" after quickly whipping up that response, see it as a sign you need to step back and re-read what you have written before clicking that button!

Please continue here…

*REMINDER: WS Volunteer Admins and Mods are not online 24/7. We may need some time to clean up posts against TOS* AND when there are pages of them it may require closing the thread.

Have a great day everyone!

(carried over from last thread)

How does a guy go from (allegedly) manually strangling his fiance in a national park, to having a happy (smiling) family smoresfest, to crouching in the bushes at a gator buffet, to being hidden from an army of trained searchers, to being found in pieces (LE) with a smattering of hiking gear (by his parents)?
THIS cause of death (if it is Brian) is going to be very interesting. IF its ever determined at all.
The articles found near the body (as reported) don't indicate being prepared for an extended stay.
So, he goes from (alleged) murderer to happy camper to under-equipped fugitive camper.
Nah. This doesn't add up at all.
JMHO

“Today, when I walked back there, I got to see first hand the treacherous conditions that they were working in,” Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno said Thursday. “We’re talking about water levels above almost the chest area. Rattlesnakes, moccasins, alligators. And these heroes go out there.”

Thursday marked the first time Marceno was on the scene. It also was the first time in weeks that local law enforcement spoke about the case.

“I know everyone wants to know exactly what’s going on every second possible. All of America is watching, OK?” he said. “But we’ll never jeopardize an investigation to give that information out until the time is right.”
Brian Laundrie update: Authorities offer few new details in search
upload_2021-10-21_11-2-36.png
upload_2021-10-21_11-2-13.png

“Today, when I walked back there, I got to see first hand the treacherous conditions that they were working in,” Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno said Thursday. “We’re talking about water levels above almost the chest area. Rattlesnakes, moccasins, alligators. And these heroes go out there.”

Thursday marked the first time Marceno was on the scene. It also was the first time in weeks that local law enforcement spoke about the case.

“I know everyone wants to know exactly what’s going on every second possible. All of America is watching, OK?” he said. “But we’ll never jeopardize an investigation to give that information out until the time is right.”
Brian Laundrie update: Authorities offer few new details in search
View attachment 318315
View attachment 318314
My husband is military and the feeling as a family member that your partner is going into something dangerous, is horrendous. I feel for the searchers who risked their lives searching the preserve and I feel for their families. It was a dangerous task. IMO
ETA - so glad there were no injuries or something worse.

https://twitter.com/jossiecarbonare/status/1451152164643082243?s=21

JUST IN: I’m told more human remains detection K9’s from Pasco County Sheriff’s Office have been sent out to the Carlton Reserve in addition to the one already sent out yesterday to help after human remains were found near #BrianLaundrie’s backpack and notebook.

<Warning for those squeamish>

I wonder what part they originally found yesterday that were 'pretty sure' (my words) were his. And if he's in parts... I'm assuming a gater got him after all? I suppose there are other animals that would run off with different body part although I'd think they'd feast were they were, not run off with pieces. And even if they did run off with pieces, I'd think they'd all be pretty close to the piece found, so surprised they weren't found yesterday.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think the L's had any knowledge or helped BL. I think he came home, told a story about a bad break up. I believe he told them if GP or her parents called to ignore it and stay out of it. I find it very believable that they had no idea whose name the van was in. I don't ask my adult children questions like that and two of them live with me at the moment. I tend to mind my own business with my adult children. As far as his remains being found "all of a sudden", that area was under water. I will refer back to the Caylee Anthony case. That area was flooded too. She was found only after the water receded. People keep saying the L's aren't cooperating. How does anyone know what they have or have not told investigators? Just because they aren't talking to the media and the rabid protesters doesn't mean they aren't telling LE everything they know. I may be in the minority here, but, I feel sorry for them. JMO

(carried over from last thread)

How does a guy go from (allegedly) manually strangling his fiance in a national park, to having a happy (smiling) family smoresfest, to crouching in the bushes at a gator buffet, to being hidden from an army of trained searchers, to being found in pieces (LE) with a smattering of hiking gear (by his parents)?
THIS cause of death (if it is Brian) is going to be very interesting. IF its ever determined at all.
The articles found near the body (as reported) don't indicate being prepared for an extended stay.
So, he goes from (alleged) murderer to happy camper to under-equipped fugitive camper.
Nah. This doesn't add up at all.
JMHO
If you take into consideration a subject we can't discuss I think it becomes somewhat understandable. IMO things weren't "normal" *before* the events began to unfold.

I wish a reporter at the house would ask the "protesters" if the Petito/Schmidt families have given them approval for their actions or what correspondence they have had with Gabby's family.
I can only imagine the families are appalled at such disrespect to Gabby.
The family is asking for people to support their foundation and shine a light on the missing and the abused.
The ghouls screaming horrid things at the Ls house are not doing that.
In fact they are trying to profit from this for themselves.
jmho

I wonder what part they originally found yesterday that were 'pretty sure' (my words) were his. And if he's in parts... I'm assuming a gater got him after all? I suppose there are other animals that would run off with different body part although I'd think they'd feast were they were, not run off with pieces. And even if they did run off with pieces, I'd think they'd all be pretty close to the piece found, so surprised they weren't found yesterday.

Sounds like karma stepped in. He left Gabby for the animals, yet the animals came for him.
I think it could have been like another recent case where it was a torso or something that wouldn't be able to be easily identified, like a head.

Sounds like karma stepped in. He left Gabby for the animals, yet the animals came for him.
Or someone followed *this person* in and around the preserve, then shot or stabbed him.

How long does it take for DNA to be matched? They’ll expedite this, right?

I just want to hear them confirm it’s BL. Then, as soon as possible, how long has he been dead? Days, weeks?
Brian Entin said the ME says he is hopeful that they’ll have some confirmation whether or not it is BL in 1-2 days. But like I said he just says he is hopeful of that.

Thinking out loud,
CL and BL take supplies to trail. CL knows his son will be ok for awhile. days later the parents decide to say their son is missing. Hints to where BL was. No one finds anything. Finally dad can’t stand it anymore and goes to the spot, finds the bag. Action starts now. IMOO I think parents thought he would be found alive. I think the wildlife took his life. He hiked but wasn’t a survivalist. This is all JMOO

I wish a reporter at the house would ask the "protesters" if the Petito/Schmidt families have given them approval for their actions or what correspondence they have had with Gabby's family.
I can only imagine the families are appalled at such disrespect to Gabby.
The family is asking for people to support their foundation and shine a light on the missing and the abused.
The ghouls screaming horrid things at the Ls house are not doing that.
In fact they are trying to profit from this for themselves.
jmho
Seriously. They need to take that energy and help solve other cases if they are that passionate about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675