Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a psychopath have narcissistic tendencies?
I think it's going to depend on whose definitions you use, kkdj. In a way, a psychopath is a "total narcissist", I'd say. I think of narcissism as being on kind of a spectrum, myself -- some being more complete than others.

I also believe -- just my opinion -- that narcissism may have a lot more to do with life experience (early) than psychopathy, which I tend to believe has greater biological underpinnings.

...the way I understood it (and I am behind in reading - so I may have missed something), he went to the cane field and she popped up and stabbed him while still in the truck and then he got the gun - maybe he was too 'injured' to even get her out of the truck, let alone bury her - so he went home to take care of his (unfortunately not life threatening) injuries before he was able to finish his evil.

As far as 'guns kill people' - really? Then cars kill people, airplanes kill people, ropes kill people, knives kill people, plastic bags (his other known victim) kill people, etc... I would guess any object could kill someone - it is the person using said object that kills someone. As far as gun control, are you seriously thinking that a law abiding citizen like this SOB would not have had a gun because it would have been illegal?

bbm: jobid, I haven't posted word one about gun control. You must have me confused with someone else.

[/B]

It is also extremely fascinating to attend an annual Angola Prison Rodeo. Held each weekend in October, and I think one weekend or so in April (Spring rodeo)...thousands of people from near and far stream into the prison grounds. Actually, a very beautiful prison, year-round. Pristene landscaping, artistic murals...the entrance museum (filled with prison history and artifacts), so cool!
The inmates are contestants in the events of the rodeo. Non-traditional rodeo events, such as 'Dead Man's Poker' (?) and the finale 'Guts and Glory'. Food, music, and crafts, crafts, crafts! Inmates work year- round to sell their wares. We have a few from years past!
It's a family-filled fun event for all ages! And a memory to each attendee, young and old alike of prison life. Prisoners (most lifers) behind chained fences, controlled, waiting for you to inquire on a craft of their design.
Any hoo! I highly recommend the experience should you find yourself near St. Francisville, La. Talk about remote!
I think I've jus bout excited myself to go this fall!

The Warden at Angola prison sounds like an amazing person. My Dad's best friend is good friends with Warden Burl Cain ,and another of my Dad's friends goes once a month to preach to the Inmates.

I just found all this out today from my Dad :eek:hwow:
So hopefully I'll get to meet Warden Burl Cain and tour the prison. :woot:

bbm: jobid, I haven't posted word one about gun control. You must have me confused with someone else.

I know it wasn't from you... I shouldn't have attached that bit with my reply to your post.

I don't know how to reply to more than one post at a time... sorry...

I read his confession as following the very thin line of him still claiming "accident that escalated". He doesn't say WHY and/or HOW he hit her on the bike, or what his initial motive was, why this girl is now dead, ultimately. Just that it escalated after the attempted 911 call, etc., etc.

What a creepster. I wouldn't read his letter either. Likely full of as many self-serving lies as he could pack into it.

The document relating the details he apparently gave does have some weird gaps and omissions, I agree.

If anyone can change BSL for the better through the Lord I believe it will be Warden Burl Cain! God definitely works through this man.

I know it wasn't from you... I shouldn't have attached that bit with my reply to your post.

I don't know how to reply to more than one post at a time... sorry...

It's all right -- I was a little stunned, that's all! LOL

I'm not too great at "multi-quoting" either. Anyone proficient at it care to give jobid and me a primer?

We talked about this, but she doesn't have a clue. Too long ago. She did say that was about a mile from where she lived though...

Thank-you for shedding so much light on this case, Garry.

I wondered if BSL's bio sister might better remember April 26, 2010 and whether BSL was around, since the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Explosion and Disaster happened on April 20, 2010?

That might give her a reference point. I wondered if BSL might have been around, since he would likely have been off work after that oil spill?

TIA

...the way I understood it (and I am behind in reading - so I may have missed something), he went to the cane field and she popped up and stabbed him while still in the truck and then he got the gun - maybe he was too 'injured' to even get her out of the truck, let alone bury her - so he went home to take care of his (unfortunately not life threatening) injuries before he was able to finish his evil.

As far as 'guns kill people' - really? Then cars kill people, airplanes kill people, ropes kill people, knives kill people, plastic bags (his other known victim) kill people, etc... I would guess any object could kill someone - it is the person using said object that kills someone. As far as gun control, are you seriously thinking that a law abiding citizen like this SOB would not have had a gun because it would have been illegal?

Given the few "facts" we have, I also think her final stand was in the truck - most likely when he got out in the cane field to go around to the passenger door. He probably left the knife on the seat.

I think I read he was trying to shift bame for Lisa Pate's death on the guy killed in the wreck that lived in the house previously

It's all right -- I was a little stunned, that's all! LOL

I'm not too great at "multi-quoting" either. Anyone proficient at it care to give jobid and me a primer?

I wouldn't say I am proficient but I finally figured it out!

To multi quote: click or tap the "+ on the bottom of the post. On the last quote you want to copy, use the quote button and add your comments.

HTH

You know what, I still think he is just plain stupid.
He reacts to his basest instincts and needs like an animal (and no offense to animals, as they only kill in self-defense or for food). And then does stupid thing upon stupid thing afterward trying to cover up, like a stooge. It would be funny, if only it wasn't. Burning his truck, filing false claims, using white-out, leaving Lisa's body where he hoped someone who had been killed prior to her disappearing (if I am reading this right) would be blamed, etc & etc. Not the signs of a mastermind criminal, more those of a lower-intelligence beast who sees and grunts and points when he wants something.

Thank-you for shedding so much light on this case, Garry.

I wondered if BSL's bio sister might better remember April 26, 2010 and whether BSL was around, since the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Explosion and Disaster happened on April 20, 2010?

That might give her a reference point. I wondered if BSL might have been around, since he would likely have been off work after that oil spill?

TIA

Good reference point -- good thinking!

♥ My thoughts at the moment...
If we ALWAYS really did have tomorrow...
Mighty Mick... you rock girl!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMbEOofifXY"]Lean On Me - Michael Bolton - YouTube[/ame]

You make some good legal points. I do think she believed his story -- he may have begged and pleaded or demanded help to avoid "being persecuted for something I didn't do, because of this RSO status and because I loaned someone my vehicle", or something similar. She was in an awful spot. I do feel for her.

She may have been afraid of him or she may have believed his story.
I am sure she was in a difficult spot.
Still....filing a false police report is illegal for a reason.

I am thankful to the half sister for cooperating with the police.
I have to say that if what garyb told us is true she assisted bsl in a crime. She may have believed it to be a crime of gun running but that is a crime. Driving someone home from a national forest after they burn their truck and standing by while they file a false police report is wrong.
She may have been fooled by his story but she would clearly see the injuries bsl had and had known he was convicted of a tier 3 crime in the past. She could not have known what he was guilty of but gun running is a crimeas well as filing a false report to police.
Before today I assumed no member of his bio family helped him in any way. Her assistance was only with the truck but that bothers me.
Is bsl such a good liar that people believe him....gun running...need to burn truck.

This is the fine line between family and forthrightness.

If he told a good story, and some accounts - the hairdresser, etc., say that he can be persuasive, then she was in a gray area.

Something I think you have misunderstood:

She was told that the TRUCK was used in gunrunning, not BSL, if I understand correctly. I also have not seen where the half-sister knew he filed a false police report. She could have given him a ride to the rental agency, dropped him off, but not known about the report. If he was trying to fool her about the reason to burn the truck, I don't think it's likely that then he told her he was going to commit insurance fraud. There would have been no reason for him to do that - it would have only complicated things for him.

She also may have believed his story about the wounds.

It's easy to say she should have put two and two together, but the events may not have formed a complete picture for her at the time.

What is known is that she told the police what happened and this substantially led to his conviction. I think she did a lot, and went against the family instinct, and so I'm not going to crucify her for not running to the cops about a hearsay gun-running story that her half-brother told her didn't involve him.

She was caught in the middle, and ultimately chose to follow the path of integrity.

Was it ever said if the trained K-9 dogs picked up any scent of Mickey on BSL's property?

Here's a website about the event:

http://www.angolarodeo.com/

wow. i never knew they did stuff like this! i love going to rodeos, but i always feel bad when there is a cowboy that gets hurt. wouldn't have that problem with this!! LOL.

ok finished the whole video and i've decided i have to go see this one day. i've fallen in love with LA with as much as i've learned about it the past 3 months and i need to visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203