GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article about the defense attorneys and why defending him was the right thing to do. Within the article it said they are raising 6 daughters (I want to say it said foster children but I can't remember exactly). How could anyone with 6 girls defend this monster, be able to sleep at night, and just live with themselves in general? Add in on top of it the farce we witnessed yesterday that felt as if they seriously were straddling a line in professional ethics and I almost feel their competency as parents should be questioned (especially if they are foster children).

P.S. I was just waiting for Scott Brown to say sweater-wearing ninjas in his rebuttal closing.

Denise Hnytka
@DeniseWQAD

That's it. Jury deliberations about to begin. 7 days of testimony wraps in the Cristhian Bahena Rivera case for the murder of Mollie Tibbetts. I'll let you know when we get word of a verdict.
@wqad

10:47 AM · May 27, 2021

Denise Hnytka
@DeniseWQAD

Brown musing on the Rivera story: These phantom men stab her and put her in the trunk. Why not kill him? They leave the only eyewitness with the vehicle and a cell phone. That makes no sense at all. Why even involve him?
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

10:37 AM · May 27, 2021

Brown puts up this slide.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

[URL='https://twitter.com/DeniseWQAD/status/1397969310912495616']10:33 AM · May 27, 2021
[/URL]
Brown: "There was another motive here. A sexual one... The defendant says he left her clothes on. That's clearly not true."
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts
10:31 AM · May 27, 2021

Scott Brown giving rebuttal. "CBR was not targeted. He targeted himself."
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts
10:27 AM · May 27, 2021

Denise Hnytka
@DeniseWQAD

Unless I missed something, it appears Frese never addressed that "mystery men" theory that Bahena Rivera testified to yesterday. He focused on Dalton Jack, a little more on the suspicious neighbor and investigator incompetency.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

10:18 AM · May 27, 2021·

Frese on CBR: "He's not a monster."
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts
10:14 AM · May 27, 2021

Frese: "Why on earth would you not take Dalton Jack's DNA?...They did nothing to get DNA to exclude people. DNA doesn't need to point the finger at anyone, but it can exclude people." DNA in trunk included Mollie but others in "mixture".
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

9:57 AM · May 27, 2021·

Frese says there's no recording of CBR in the car showing the location of the body. "They don't record him going to the edge of the corn and pointing out the body? Why not? Because they had nothing for 4 weeks, and they cut corners and rushed to judgment.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

9:46 AM · May 27, 2021·

Frese says the state should have put up Dalton Jack's phone records to show unbiased proof he was in Dubuque. "They could have, and they chose not to."
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

9:42 AM · May 27, 2021

Describes use of Romero for the interview a "colossal blunder".
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts
9:36 AM · May 27, 2021

Frese: This case had the unlimited resources of the federal government. FBI, DCI. "They've interviewed people over and over and over again. And they send in Pamela Romero. A cop with 2 years experience."
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

9:29 AM · May 27, 2021·

Frese: You can't THINK he did this. You must KNOW. That's the difference.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts
9:23 AM · May 27, 2021

Frese says there's too much missing. No murder weapon, no crime scene, no eyewitness. No motive. "This man - right here - 5'7" 125lb illegal immigrant gets angry and resorts to killing her? Stabbing her maybe 12 times?" Pounds his hand into fist 12 times.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

9:19 AM · May 27, 2021·

Frese says investigators ignored gun safe inside house Mollie stayed in w/ boyfriend. There were many guns, incl loaded pistol and folding knives. "Bet they would have found one with a camo handle." Rivera testified mystery men had gun & camo knife.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts
9:17 AM · May 27, 2021·

Frese talks about the month that Mollie was missing, as law enforcement looks for her. "They had nothing. Imagine the pressure to close this case."
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts
9:11 AM · May 27, 2021

"It is not your job to right a wrong," Frese says. Asking jury to leave emotion out it. Leave it to case analysis.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts
9:04 AM · May 27, 2021

Frese starts by thanking jury for their time and commenting on innocent victim Mollie Tibbetts. "She was just about to spread her wings and fly. We sympathize with her family. This young lady was on her way to being someone special."
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts
9:03 AM · May 27, 2021·

Chad Frese, defense attorney, up to give his closing argument.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

9:00 AM · May 27, 2021·

Yes, about. I’ll post this again on the new thread for those who maybe missed it.

https://twitter.com/ShannonMoudyTV/status/1397991419776745475

Have just heard from court officials that the jury began deliberations at 1:30 following their lunch break.

Also, three alternates that were excused were all women.
Court TV LIVE streaming has a clock up for the jury deliberations -- 1 Hour, 2 minutes and 41 seconds LOL

While we are waiting....

So this vacuum he went to borrow to clean his car for his date... ugh Did they ever submit testimony that he went before he showered? What makes much more sense is he was on his way to get this vacuum when he spotted Mollie running. Did he ever vaccuum the car? Did he get the vacuum after because he had something to clean up? Just many thoughts there. His uncle wasn't home, but he called or left a message or something.. I'll have to go back and look. I don't think there was a date, I think he fabricated that to give a reason for vacuuming the car so soon after he killed Mollie. The date was never called. Did they not have a vacuum at his house?

While we are waiting....

So this vacuum he went to borrow to clean his car for his date... ugh Did they ever submit testimony that he went before he showered? What makes much more sense is he was on his way to get this vacuum when he spotted Mollie running. Did he ever vaccuum the car? Did he get the vacuum after because he had something to clean up? Just many thoughts there. His uncle wasn't home, but he called or left a message or something.. I'll have to go back and look. I don't think there was a date, I think he fabricated that to give a reason for vacuuming the car so soon after he killed Mollie. The date was never called. Did they not have a vacuum at his house?
If he did vacuum, did they examine the vacuum?

Denise Hnytka
@DeniseWQAD

Brown: "Who had a motive? If not the defendant, who? He tells us his motive - anger. One of the oldest motives in the history of human behavior."
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

8:31 AM · May 27, 2021

Mollie's body is left 500 feet into the corn. Brown: "She is unfindable, except by the defendant."
@DeniseWQAD
#MollieTibbetts

8:20 AM · May 27, 2021

Brown: (Speaking on Rivera's new masked men story) "What's the problem with it? It doesn't make sense. It doesn't fit."
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

8:00 AM · May 27, 2021

Brown showing the video again of runner presumed to be Mollie at 7:45pm. 30 seconds later, the car is driving near the running route, all taken from same home security cameras.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

7:57 AM · May 27, 2021

"Who killed Mollie Tibbetts?" Brown asks. Goes back to his big 3 - car on video, confession, blood in trunk.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

7:54 AM · May 27, 2021

Denise Hnytka
@DeniseWQAD

Here's what the prosecution has to prove to get 1st degree murder.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

7:48 AM · May 27, 2021

This spelling error bugs me...

7:45 AM · May 27, 2021·

Denise Hnytka
@DeniseWQAD

Closing arguments. Prosecution is up first. Poweshiek Co. Attorney Bart Klaver gave the opening. Assistant AG Scott Brown giving the closing.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

7:43 AM · May 27, 2021·

Cristhian Bahena Rivera is charged with first degree murder, but the jury is also allowed to consider the lesser included charges of 2nd degree murder, voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

7:18 AM · May 27, 2021

Sharing the results of my informal poll from yesterday... 77% of people say they don't believe the "mystery men" story from Bahena Rivera's testimony yesterday. 22% responded with "seems possible". Again, not scientific poll. But interesting.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

7:02 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Denise Hnytka
@DeniseWQAD

State rests with that rebuttal. Quick break. Jury is going to get instructions when they return, followed by closing arguments and deliberations.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

6:58 AM · May 27, 2021

Wilson says Dalton spent the evening of the 18th with the crew - grilling, drinking beers and playing bags. The next day they worked until about 2pm. Dalton seemed sad that day, expressed worry about not being able to contact Mollie.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

6:49 AM · May 27, 2021

Wilson confirms Dalton was working in Dubuque on a bridge job on the day Mollie disappeared. He logs his crew's hours. Dalton worked until 7pm that night.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

6:46 AM · May 27, 2021

Denise Hnytka
@DeniseWQAD

Just one rebuttal witness. Nick Wilson. Works for Jasper Construction, employer of Mollie's boyfriend Dalton Jack.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

6:42 AM · May 27, 2021

Denise Hnytka
@DeniseWQAD

Good morning from the Quad Cities. We are about to get started - potential for rebuttal witnesses from the prosecution before closing arguments in the Bahena Rivera trial.
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

6:30 AM · May 27, 2021

Frese starts by thanking jury for their time and commenting on innocent victim Mollie Tibbetts. "She was just about to spread her wings and fly. We sympathize with her family. This young lady was on her way to being someone special."
@wqad
#MollieTibbetts
9:03 AM · May 27, 2021·

It is my understanding that to everyone that knew her, Mollie WAS SOMEONE SPECIAL when she was murdered.

I took some time to watch the prosecution’s rebuttal closing and I think they brought it home. He not only pointed out the absurdity of the Ninja tale but exposed it as a blatant lie that contradicted the evidence.
CBR said he carried Mollie into the corn, laid her down, put cornstalks over her(reverently of course). He said she was fully clothed. The prosecutor pointed out that she was not fully clothed when found, her legs were spread, and the cornstalks didn’t appeared to have been disturbed in any way. In my opinion he was showing you can’t say some animal ripped off the shorts and underwear.
Strike 1....security video time stamp doesn’t mesh with his Ninja story
Strike 2...Ninja story conflicts with how she was found
Strike 3...no tangible evidence of concern for his family’s safety(and certainly none yesterday while he testified. I do wish they had brought that up though)
Add in all the evidence taken as a whole and...
It has to be guilty verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member