GUILTY CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #70

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11
Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35
Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a pathological liar, a narcissist (self-centered person) and a convicted child killer. Imo, the death penalty is too good for her, it's the easy way out... let her suffer in her own misery. She will have plenty of time to flip off cellmates.
Not many realize the perks, not to mention the enormous expense to the taxpayers that an imposed death sentence brings. LS won't be permanently and completely separated from the general population, she will have to move within the facility (library, activities, etc.) vs them being brought to her, etc. IIRC, in Chris Watts' second interview, he describes the conditions he experienced.

I believe her maternal family are Lumbee.
I have no doubt she will exploit this heritage to satisfy her need for attention (complaints). However, this time she won't she won't have defense attorneys on stand-by ready to do her bidding or oversee her complaints.

All In My Honest Opinion

Frequently checking the CDOC to see if she is lodged yet. Currently nothing showing for her and also wonder if they will interstate her.
The fact that the last thing she had to say in court was to request a mental health prison.
IMO she is deathly afraid of real prison because she knows the hell on earth she will face.
I believe we have not heard the last of her, I believe she will continue manipulating, using violence, plotting and planning and of course her rights being violated in some form to get to a mental health facility.
IMO, I believe she sees the mental health facilities as an easy escape all. Escape reality, escape punishments that prisoners of hee type may receive etc.
I also cringe at typing this but IMO I believe she will taunt the families of Gannon and use her daughter.
I hope I am wrong but IMO I just do t think we’ve heard the last of her.

I agree that she likely sees the mental health prison as an easy escape. She probably also thinks she will be able to fool and manipulate the doctors, nurses and other patients. And, all it would take would be one relatively inexperienced staff person for her to get her hook into them.

But her communication with the outside world should be nil (unless a journalist contacts her in writing and she puts them on her visitor list, which I"m sure she would). Prisoners in a mental facility often get more personalized treatment (such as being allowed a particular shampoo or whatever). Federal law requires that there be some sort of barbering/hair care in prisons. Most prisons (and mental hospitals for criminals) allow better behaved prisoners to act as barbers to others (some prisons actually have classes in this). I cringe thinking that she'll be near sharp objects at some point. In a mental health prison, it should be the case that her treating psychiatrist has to okay her getting near sharp objects.

In a prison, she would likely be allowed barber services if she is behaving properly and works her way up through "levels" to get to that point.

I just picked hair care as an obvious topic for T. I do think some journalist, somewhere, will attempt (when she's allowed to have visitors, which she will be, eventually) to do a story on her. Hopefully, it will be an ethical journalist.

I have no clue how all prisons handle it, but in mental health prison situations, the treating psychiatrist would likely have to approve a journalistic interview (because sometimes, interviews about the past can trigger a whole host of new problem behaviors on the part of the prisoner-patient). All the interviews I've done inside state mental hospitals have been under the auspices and supervision of the treating psychiatrist. Same for interviews I've done in other mental hospitals. I've never had to have a doctor's permission to interview a regular prisoner.

IMO.

If they don't cut it you can rest in comfort knowing that IT WILL GET PULLED
LOL! This is so cute. I can hear it now, "Stop pulling my hair!"

LS showed her hair to be her comfort, shield, pacifier and maybe her strength. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that her hair was somehow cut ... involuntarily. Mean girls will be mean girls.

All In My Opinion

Wait - How did I previously miss her ethnicity? Is she really American Indian, and will she attempt to use that as a protected class in prison? But what do I know.. I also thought she was Christian, yet she also asks for kosher food. Maybe it’s for medical reasons. She’s so confusing.

She identifies as Lumbee. Lumbee people are not federally recognized as a tribe. However, the state of North Carolina has recognized them. There are many studies of Lumbee genetics and of their origins. They *do* have traces of Native ancestry (and I should mention that no one can truly estimate percentages of various ethnicities from the genome maps we use today - many reasons). That being said, though, there are Siouan genetic markers (and Algonquin ones, perhaps some Iroquois markers- not sure). The genetic research on the Lumbee show that they are mostly European, though. The second set of markers they share are of West African origin. They arrived in NC somewhere around 1700 (which is something I'm still mulling over - I know a lot about Plains Indians - the Lakota/Dakota, Osage, Hidatsa, etc - and around 1700 they were very much in motion, highly migratory with some of the best transportable housing on the planet). So apparently a smallish group of Siouans from the central part of the US migrated in the opposite direction of most Natives (who were pushed West - these people apparently came East and settled themselves in a valley in NC).

In the town of Pembroke, NC, about 90% of the people identify as Lumbee and in Robeson County, about 40% do. The Algonquin markers in some Lumbee people indicate that they intermarried with the people who arrived much earlier in the area, as well as with Europeans and Africans. In the first Federal census, they were identified as "Free People of Color." And while Congress has said they are Natives, they stopped short of giving them federally recognized tribal status.

Lumbee men fought on the American side in the Revolutionary War, and one of those men was a Locklear (a name present in T's family, obviously). So she does appear to be Lumbee, which is more of a cultural affiliation at this point that a genetic one (if anyone cares about that distinction). Some historic documents seem to show that the Lumbee were viewed more as "Blacks" than as "Indians," by the courts and probably by their fellow citizens. They were, for example, denied the right to bear arms in the 1850's in the same manner that Black people were.

North Carolina has consistently regarded the Lumbee as "Native Americans" in its educational and other policies. Lumbee children are taught some of their native language (both at home and at school; it appears that this is mostly teaching them Lakota, which is well-studied and is definitely a cousin group of the Lumbee). The wikipedia article on them is actually pretty good:

The sources in that article check out and there's quite a bit written about them.

IMO.

LOL! This is so cute. I can hear it now, "Stop pulling my hair!"

LS showed her hair to be her comfort, shield, pacifier and maybe her strength. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that her hair was somehow cut ... involuntarily. Mean girls will be mean girls.

All In My Opinion

What?? You think there are mean girls in prison?

She identifies as Lumbee. Lumbee people are not federally recognized as a tribe. However, the state of North Carolina has recognized them. There are many studies of Lumbee genetics and of their origins. They *do* have traces of Native ancestry (and I should mention that no one can truly estimate percentages of various ethnicities from the genome maps we use today - many reasons). That being said, though, there are Siouan genetic markers (and Algonquin ones, perhaps some Iroquois markers- not sure). The genetic research on the Lumbee show that they are mostly European, though. The second set of markers they share are of West African origin. They arrived in NC somewhere around 1700 (which is something I'm still mulling over - I know a lot about Plains Indians - the Lakota/Dakota, Osage, Hidatsa, etc - and around 1700 they were very much in motion, highly migratory with some of the best transportable housing on the planet). So apparently a smallish group of Siouans from the central part of the US migrated in the opposite direction of most Natives (who were pushed West - these people apparently came East and settled themselves in a valley in NC).

In the town of Pembroke, NC, about 90% of the people identify as Lumbee and in Robeson County, about 40% do. The Algonquin markers in some Lumbee people indicate that they intermarried with the people who arrived much earlier in the area, as well as with Europeans and Africans. In the first Federal census, they were identified as "Free People of Color." And while Congress has said they are Natives, they stopped short of giving them federally recognized tribal status.

Lumbee men fought on the American side in the Revolutionary War, and one of those men was a Locklear (a name present in T's family, obviously). So she does appear to be Lumbee, which is more of a cultural affiliation at this point that a genetic one (if anyone cares about that distinction). Some historic documents seem to show that the Lumbee were viewed more as "Blacks" than as "Indians," by the courts and probably by their fellow citizens. They were, for example, denied the right to bear arms in the 1850's in the same manner that Black people were.

North Carolina has consistently regarded the Lumbee as "Native Americans" in its educational and other policies. Lumbee children are taught some of their native language (both at home and at school; it appears that this is mostly teaching them Lakota, which is well-studied and is definitely a cousin group of the Lumbee). The wikipedia article on them is actually pretty good:

The sources in that article check out and there's quite a bit written about them.

IMO.
While surnames aren't guarantees of tribal membership, they definitely are indicators in Pembroke and even in the county. Locklear is a big name as are Hunt, Oxendine, Lowry, Chavis, Sampson and Brayboy. Hardin is also often a Lumbee name so her Native heritage likely comes from both parents.
JMO

IMO.
Thanks @10ofRods for this deep dive, and to all the kind posters that replied.

I’m guessing the Lumbees won’t want her added to the wiki list of their notable members. :rolleyes:

The rest of Tee’s life awaits her at her final stop.

Reality will set in.

Unfortunately, she’ll do just fine. She’ll scam, manipulate and carry on while driving everyone around her nuts. Chaos will be her friend. She’ll get into trouble, try to escape, engage in fights and write letters. She’s not going away quietly.

Child killers don’t do well in prison. The inmates know who she is and what she’s done. She’s at their mercy now. Sucks to be her. :)

Excuse me whilst I muse, but I’m currently rocking my baby nephew to sleep. I’m blessed to be a caregiver to him, and it’s been the highest honour of my life. Though those of you with children will testify, it’s also been really, really hard at times. And exhausting. So exhausting. But I wouldn’t give it up for annything.

Anyway, as I’m sat listening to his little snores, I can’t stop thinking about LH and Al’s victim impact statements. They play over and over in my head in the quiet times post trial. The reality of their immeasurable loss.

I hope Letecia rots. I really do.

While surnames aren't guarantees of tribal membership, they definitely are indicators in Pembroke and even in the county. Locklear is a big name as are Hunt, Oxendine, Lowry, Chavis, Sampson and Brayboy. Hardin is also often a Lumbee name so her Native heritage likely comes from both parents.
JMO

Interestingly, Bullard is also listed as a Lumbee name in an article I read recently.
I do remember reading somewhere that LB is related somehow to Chance Hunt, but I can't remember where and doubt I could find it again now, so it's just hearsay and MOO.

Excuse me whilst I muse, but I’m currently rocking my baby nephew to sleep. I’m blessed to be a caregiver to him, and it’s been the highest honour of my life. Though those of you with children will testify, it’s also been really, really hard at times. And exhausting. So exhausting. But I wouldn’t give it up for annything.

Anyway, as I’m sat listening to his little snores, I can’t stop thinking about LH and Al’s victim impact statements. They play over and over in my head in the quiet times post trial. The reality of their immeasurable loss.

I hope Letecia rots. I really do.
I keep thinking about Al asking about Gannon's last words and why she couldn't just let him be a mama's boy. I'm glad justice is served but just feel so much sadness for Gannon's family, trying to move forward without their precious boy. It's so senseless. Breaks my heart open all over again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back