Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is incorrect as well. It doesn't make sense that he would take a job as a car mechanic when they moved to CO. Also, IIRC, he was working as a car mechanic in NC when he first spotted SW when she brought her car in for service.
1. CW was a mechanic. He loved cars.
2. CW & SW were introduced by a mutual friend.

I find that note you reference interesting @sun16 because NU said in interview that the front door was locked differently then it normally was at 2:45 mark. If NU is correct and we have to assume she knows the routine of SW, then the latch was not typically used on the front door so I don't understand the note being there.
Video: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband on why something 'didn't seem right'

The sticker by the door was a Thrive goal. It did not say “Lock Me.”

@cailleach, I believe the note was there well before the murders because someone posted the photo and SW was standing in front of the door with the note behind her.
So SW posted the note herself to remind herself to lock the door? Like when they were home? Hmm. Ok. I’d like to see the photo I think. Different I guess.

I think that amazing new poster might just be me (just a riff on the narc angle, but I digress). I was curious as to whether it is accepted in the psychology field that someone must be devoid of empathy in the classic sense of a narcissist or sociopath to commit crimes like these. I do believe that most of us assume they must be and that those who stand up for them refused to see the previous signs of such. I was very impressed by the snippets of CW with his children and that SW and the children lacked any signs of "walking on eggshells" around CW. Obviously, that is not proof positive he has empathy. But I am just curious as to whether it still jives with the crimes and coverup and post-offense behavior or do studies show this all the proof you need that a damaged or non-existent sense of empathy ever existed? I suppose that someone troubled (mentally) but still empathetic could convince themselves that they are doing what is best for the victims by killing...rationalize to themselves that they are better off dead. In that case, I imagine we would see all three having been drugged heavily prior to the killings. I in no way mean to point out justifications, excuses, etc. Just the human psyche is fascinating. Certainly there are people who have empathy for some and not others (and we are all guilty of this to some degree when it comes to how we treat animals in our society...but I digress).
First and foremost, narcs are frauds. Any perceived signs of empathy especially with the children are mimicked behavior, and the girls were only props. Just as a narc will acquire a pedigree dog and venture outdoors with his prize, it's all for the attention the narc craves. A narc also preserves and cares for what brings him attention, but not because he has empathy. It's a perceived benefit to have a healthy and happy child and/or pet and therefore it's cared for. There is no rationalization -- all thoughts are about the narc, what's best for him, and how to achieve what he wants. MOO

But wasn’t the AP at work married too? Was she planning to also leave her spouse? What a mess.
I don’t think we know anything about the coworker affair yet. Only those two who claim to be past relationships which I personally don’t know if true. The VI stated he or she didn’t believe as well but who knows.

1. CW was a mechanic. He loved cars.
2. CW & SW were introduced by a mutual friend.

JMO, a person who earns a University degree in Chemical Engineering may still love cars, but would likely choose a career path more in line with their degree.

Do you have a link that shows they were introduced by a mutual friend? I've read that he saw SW when she dropped off her car where he was a mechanic and he found out her name. His cousin's wife then sent a friend suggestion to SW for CW. SW did not accept the friend suggestion. CW then sent her his own friend request and SW accepted it.

That written note posted on the inside of the Watts front door that said lock me. Do we think that was an innocent thing they put up to remind themselves to lock the door? Or is it something else?
Probably for everyone so Dieter and the girls wouldn't wander off.

First and foremost, narcs are frauds. Any perceived signs of empathy especially with the children are mimicked behavior, and the girls were only props. Just as a narc will acquire a pedigree dog and venture outdoors with his prize, it's all for the attention the narc craves. A narc also preserves and cares for what brings him attention, but not because he has empathy. It's a perceived benefit to have a healthy and happy child and/or pet and therefore it's cared for. There is no rationalization -- all thoughts are about the narc, what's best for him, and how to achieve what he wants. MOO
So don't all jump on me at once but..............I think it may have been the other way around in that relationship.

N.U said Shanann couldn't get in the house at first because CW had it double locked or something.

So I guess he wanted to make sure he was the one that let her in the house. Jmo.

Btw. N.U should sue CW for emotional distress tomorrow. Because a civil suit would probably bring out information fairly quickly while making sure he can not profit off interviews and book or movie deals. Jmo

JMO, a person who earns a University degree in Chemical Engineering may still love cars, but would likely choose a career path more in line with their degree.

Do you have a link that shows they were introduced by a mutual friend? I've read that he saw SW when she dropped off her car where he was a mechanic and he found out her name. His cousin's wife then sent a friend suggestion to SW for CW. SW did not accept the friend suggestion. CW then sent her his own friend request and SW accepted it.

I do not believe any of this is accurate. He does not have a degree in Chemical Engineering TMK.

FB automatically gives “people you might know” suggestions, and you can request someone becomes your friend, but someone else can not send you a friend suggestion.

I believe CW & SW were introduced in person by a mutual friend, but let’s check with @Trinket78 .

Doesn't LE tell the ME what DNA evidence to collect so it can be sent for testing? I've seen cases where a rape kit was never done because LE didn't request it. The PD in this case filed the motion because he believed nobody was telling the ME to collect DNA from the girls' necks.

Didn't the Judge deny the motion because he said the ME was capable of collecting the DNA without needing an expert to observe? To me, that's a signal to the ME that they better collect and preserve the evidence. JMO

The Motion was telling the ME how to do his job. Except, he knows how to do it.

Below is info on the Weld County ME/Coroner’s office.

You will find that the ME’s office is called to the scene when there is a suspicious death. The bodies and anything surrounding or connected to the body cannot be touched until the ME arrives. The ME’s office conducts its own investigation, therefore, they have an idea of what to look for.

https://www.weldgov.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_6/File/Departments/Coroner/AcaC6Bb2C3622d57D072.pdf

Yes, but those are words everyone knows are associated with traumatic events and anyone trying not to look guilty would be likely to use them.
Wouldn't it also be "surreal" and a "nightmare" to be the one who killed them all, and then go home to cops before you planned for it? To me what was surreal and a nightmare to him sounded less like the fact that his family was gone and more like the fact that he was dealing with press and police and all this surreal commotion (and also at this point he would have presumed they were quite possibly ALIVE, if he hadn't killed them -- but he knew, he knew everything). The only other family annihilator I know of who accused his wife of murdering the children is Chris Vaughn out of Chicago. Many parallels. In that case he accused his wife of shooting the children, him, and then committing suicide.
In my opinion, speculation only, CW was going to try to make it seem that she either ran off, planning to dump her car later (since he did not realize the neighbor's security video captured his garage), or he was going to make it seem that she had committed suicide, hence a shallow grave and a plan to return and stage something later if need be. MOO MOO.

I do not believe any of this is accurate. He does not have a degree in Chemical Engineering TMK.

FB automatically gives “people you might know” suggestions, and you can request someone becomes your friend, but someone else can not send you a friend suggestion.

I believe CW & SW were introduced in person by a mutual friend, but let’s check with @Trinket78 .

In SW's video (last part on her deck) she discussed the friend request suggestion for CW, that she did not accept, and then CW sent her his own friend request, which she accepted. She stated when she accepted it she didn't think she would ever meet him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname