Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone upthread said that this case is very much like a case in the 70s. Capt. Jeffrey MacDonald. I'm watching the movie about him called Fatal Vision, to get an idea of a possible motive.

Jeffrey McDonald was raging on drugs and stress when he killed his wife and kids, I don't believe he planned that one either, just lost his shiz.

I gotta tell you, I've been guilty of being one of those friends. I wasn't close enough, because if I was, I would find the words, no matter how hard it was, to gently let them know they are alienating people.

But this friend/acquaintance got wrapped up in a MLM and her Instagram/Twitter/Facebook was overrun. It was like a cult. The only people who liked all her crap were other people selling it. It was freaky and lasted 6 months.

God only knows how much money she lost. But, pouf, it disappeared and she is back. I feel bad for these people but, yes, just like you, really annoyed.

Before the Internet, it was just as bad, but in a different way. I sold men's suits in an upscale retail store when I was in college, many years ago. One day, a scruffy-looking younger guy comes in and he spent hours running me all over the store. He was acting like he was a VIP and he told me he owned his own business and he made so much money, he was already retired. After all of his big-timing, he ended buying the cheapest suit in the entire store.

After that, he literally became a stalker and he would NOT leave me alone. He came into the store constantly, asking for my address so he could meet with me alone at MY apartment so he could explain this business opportunity to me. Hell no, he is not coming over to my apartment! Turns out he was with Amway and I told him I was absolutely not interested.

He kept coming back, pushing and pushing, and polite did not work with this guy so I tried a less than polite approach to get him to back off. I actually told him to "f" off and if he ever bothered me again, I was going to call the police on him.

That worked!

I don't even understand why he told the reporters there was an "emotional discussion" considering he would be the only one to know that. When they asked if they had argued why didn't he just say "no, we were happy to see each other. She woke me up to let me know she was home safely and then went and checked on the girls and came to bed and the last time I saw her was when I got up and left for work. I didn't want to disturb her because I knew she was tired, so I just kissed her cheek and left for work". Why in the world even mention an emotional discussion....unless that discussion actually started on the phone in the car with Nichole and he figured Nichole might mention it, so he was being proactive by bringing it up.

Ooh ooh ooh

Yes, he has to come up with a story that will fit what Nikole knows, what she and Shannann might have texted about, and what he and Nikole talked about waiting for LE to show up.

He clearly avoided saying "argument" or "fight" or "altercation" or any word that appears aggressive or violent.

Emotional discussion sounds so.... civilized, rational, controlled, and safe. He can't be accused of a heinous crime of violence for a "discussion"

This sounds very much like what a narcissist does, from my experience. Very telling

It is interesting about the keys in the car and I wonder if that has any connection to him saying the garage was unlocked? He is asked about the house being locked and really over-explains the garage being unlocked and says that is normal. Very odd. :confused: Listen at about the 4:53 mark.

He also emphasizes driveways in the back and somebody could have have picked her up from there, and that there's no cameras in the backyard, suggesting possible kidnapping scenario. (EXCEPT he forgot to unlock the back sliding door before leaving the house with 3 bodies. His greatest mistake maybe).

I have a feeling that after all evidence LE has now become known to us, we'd all be absolutely dumbfounded at his stupidity. He probably made hundreds of mistakes before, during, and after the murder. I can't wait for them to become public.

The idea behind what the Thrivers are promoting now is apparently to get SW posthumously to the "200K" level of sales she aspired to. Also because they say it is what she would have wanted. Using social media hashtags such as shannanslegacy and thrivingforshannan.

So, yeah.

Creepy & shameless; somebody at "corporate" must have come up with this. If this does not turn people off MLM, I don't know what would.

Someone upthread said that this case is very much like a case in the 70s. Capt. Jeffrey MacDonald. I'm watching the movie about him called Fatal Vision, to get an idea of a possible motive.
Good sleuthing! I’m big on comparative analysis!

When he didn't stop squeezing (ugh, sorry guys) as his victims struggle to breathe, he premeditated. IMO premeditation takes only a second or two, not hours, or days or weeks. It only requires thinking that he was going to kill. Plus he did this to 3 people in a row.
Oh my goodness this post just reminded me of Bundy’s rampage at the sorority house, he just kept on going, victim to victim.

In these FA cases, are the victims always killed in close succession of each other, or is there ever a time lapse in between I wonder?

Last edited:
Jeffrey McDonald was raging on drugs and stress when he killed his wife and kids, I don't believe he planned that one either, just lost his shiz.
On YouTube there is a video of Dr. MacDonald on the Dick Cavett show, not too long after the murders. His behavior on the show was so bizarre and so inappropriate that his father-in-law realized he did it, and he forced the criminal investigation against MacDonald.

Here's a link to the interview.

Last edited:
It is interesting about the keys in the car and I wonder if that has any connection to him saying the garage was unlocked? He is asked about the house being locked and really over-explains the garage being unlocked and says that is normal. Very odd. :confused: Listen at about the 4:53 mark.

i found announcing on local tv that the garage is alway open , at that point in time , also very peculiar

(I’m catching up in the media thread and just wanted to especially thank @PommyMommy for all the articles and links in real time. You have all been very patient about answering questions to those who have not been caught up (like myself).)

“Emotional conversation”...well that’s certainly one way to put it (shaking head).
Aw, you're welcome. It's the best way for me to keep it all straight, lol!

For anyone looking to get caught up fast, the media thread is here (7 pages of articles, videos and links so far): MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4

I think he gave the 'emotional discussion' as a possible reason why SW would take the kids and just leave him without explanation.
I tend to agree.
At first I thought maybe because the neighbors overheard a loud dispute. Kind of like with Jeffrey McDonald he worked certain things his family screamed while he was killing them into his cover story because he was afraid the neighbors upstairs heard them.
Then maybe that SH had time to text someone about an argument so he had to cop to it.
But yeah maybe it was his feeble vague way to build a narrative as to why SW may have left with the kids of her own volition.

He also emphasizes driveways in the back and somebody could have have picked her up from there, and that there's no cameras in the backyard, suggesting possible kidnapping scenario. (EXCEPT he forgot to unlock the back sliding door before leaving the house with 3 bodies. His greatest mistake maybe).

I have a feeling that after all evidence LE has now become known to us, we'd all be absolutely dumbfounded at his stupidity. He probably made hundreds of mistakes before, during, and after the murder. I can't wait for them to become public.

Unfortunately, the defense will try to use these mistakes to bargain the charges down to second degree murder or something like that which will make him parole-eligible before he turns Medicare age.

That would be an utter tragedy

So far I've found two user names for CW. chrisleewatts and chris_thrives (from his now deleted Instagram). Still digging. He definitely tried to wipe himself off the internet before committing these crimes. Something truly sinister and premeditated happened here.

This whole swiping of the internet presence/SM a week before, thinking about this, could there be any other possible reason (other than premeditation)? It seems this would be the obvious answer, some sort of premeditation, but why specifically? He didn’t want to be remembered? If premeditated was he going to try to run?

Also sure some people scrub their SM for ordinary reasons, but why specifically this at this time IF this was not premeditated? Could he have been hiding from someone? Idk just thinking out loud, maybe he owed people money. Again did he gamble or go to Black Hawk? A lot of crazy speculation here I know, just brainstorming. Was someone blackmailing him? I feel like I’m over thinking everything. Or maybe not...so why else might he scrub it? I’m really to trying to figure out this aspect of premeditation here. I suppose we will find out tomorrow or Tuesday. As I said I’m catching up in the media thread, going back to thread1 now, again thanks for your patience, I’m sure you guys already commented on a lot of this as you were sleuthing, I was super swamped in Mollie’s thread at the time that all this was unfolding. Then I got all distracted on “FAs”, reading backwards etc..

Does he have a LinkedIn? (Why would this even matter now?) I’m getting too carried away with this nutjob.

Heartbreaking case. What a waste and what a loss. (Trying to maintain an emotional disconnect here and approach all this analytically.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member