LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Siri helped, there is a call center somewhere with that information. When someone asks Siri a question, it is routed to a "call center" where someone looks up the information and sends it back to the phone.

Siri does get info for users off computer servers that are not built into the iPhone, but it's all computerized, not a person looking up information. We've come a long way from telephone operators getting info for callers!

I am glad to hear that for sure!! But it is all about ratio of speed of vehicle vs speed of bicycle vs height of each. So many more variables. Weight plays a role, whether the object hit is facing inline or off to the side. There are bicycle accident reconstruction experts that have the ratios listed online.

There are examples online of trucks as well. I just wanted to give the general idea that it is possible that a person on a bike can be hit from behind and end up on top of the vehicle. And that the bicycle may not be as heavily damaged as you may think being that the rider did fly back onto the vehicle. It is actually more consistent with a rear end hit that the victim does end up flying back into the vehicle.

In one of the pics a car hit an entire group of bike riders that were at all angles and of different weights and in different positions. Almost ALL of them flew backwards and into the air.

I can take some old barbie's and put one on a bike and ram it with the Barbie mobile from behind and get all types of scenarios. People just keep saying that it isn't possible for this to have happened and it is.

It's not about me being right but about being open to lots of variables.

Right!
Chances are the deer was was headed across the street, so the deer's velocity and the vehicle's velocity are in different directions. The deer is also lower, like a pedestrian or a child on a bike. It's not weight so much, as speed of both objects, height, and direction of travel. Mickey being thrown on the hood is going with the assumption that she was hit from behind by a vehicle traveling in the same direction as her. That's what the bike damage indicates.

courtneyb, very sorry about your aunt & uncle...

Ecellent post.. I was wondering if prisoners in LA earned furloughs. Due to BSL's job & trustee status as a mechanic for the State of LA Dept of Corrections. Was he allowed outside the confines of prison?

While following the Holly Bobo investigation in TN, there was a report where the Drug Task force used prison labor to move to another location. The cons were allowed in their evidence room without guards. They cleaned it out of drugs & gold coins, etc(Cheech & Chong). The Drug Task allowed them to wear Task Force jackets to drive their Harley Davidson motorcycles to the new locations, unmonitored..
"Ya just can't make this stuff up"!

Link: "Cheech and Chong" Original.Trailer[1978] - YouTube

Sometimes, prisoners have a lot more freedom than I would be comfortable with. There is a man here in Louisiana, convicted a couple years ago in connection with a Ponzi scheme (nonviolent, o'course), whom I happen to know personally. A few months ago, he was working on some landscaping in the North LA prison where he is incarcerated and a prison official told him he "needed more plants". The prisoner got into a prison truck and drove to Lowe's, where he was in line to purchase plants when the staff called LE and he was detained and subsequently transferred to another facility. Now, this guy was a nonviolent offender and quite possibly a moron, but you know that prisoners who are deemed "model" are often given more freedoms and responsibilities and their supervision can become lax.

I'd be interested to know if BSL was granted any "trustee" type status while incarcerated, and what that entailed/would allow him to do.

Revenue$, as opposed to expenditure$? just a guess..

Not sure what that means. License and reg is "in the system". It comes right up when LE runs your plates and license. Wouldn't his come up as RSO??

:banghead:

I asked the same question earlier.
Was he on a work/study program while incarcerated?He's got ba**s to post that on his linked in profile, IMO.Delusional?????

Delusional. Didn’t think he deserved the sentence in 2000. Served his time and now has a respectable, well-paying job. Has a GF he lavishes with gifts. Perhaps successfully pulled off arson in the past. Thinks he’s smart enough not to be caught when he’s pulled to his dark predator side. JMO.

I want to clear up that I am NOT LINDSAY W
My name is Lindsey W my user name here is catchy kitty and I have not once posted on this site till now...

I asked the same question earlier.
Was he on a work/study program while incarcerated?

He's got ba**s to post that on his linked in profile, IMO.
Delusional?????
:moo:

He was a mechanic, and very high up in position. Prolly had many priviledges. Tried to find the link & info from a few days ago but couldn't locate it...

The info said he was head mechanic for State of Louisiana...No mention of Dept of Corrections...'Go Figure'...

I think it's interesting that he is an auto body repair person. He could have really made himself a cruise mobile with all the right modifications for abductions.

where did we get info he is an auto body repair man? It said he was a mechanic offshore. Mechanic and auto body repair is VERY different.

this is the article I was remembering..
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pasa...cle_b6926ad2-fd67-543c-a416-c53ec5a8b88e.html

La Porte police responded to a vehicle fire shortly after 10 p.m. and found what appeared to be a pickup truck fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters arrived shortly after and extinguished the fire. However, the truck melted almost entirely, La Porte police spokesman Sgt. John Krueger said.
The officer at the scene could not make out the license plate number but identified the vehicle as a possibly white 2004 to 2008 GMC or Chevrolet extended cab pickup truck.
The vehicle was stripped of all of its contents, which could indicate that the truck was stolen before it was put on fire, Krueger said.
(BBM)

not the same truck. his truck was dumped in Montgomery County. La Porte TX is in Harris County

Yes, I think your TV may have been on a "widescreen" setting. That's the first thing I noticed, because when I saw your pictures they looked totally new and wondered where they came from and was going to ask for a link. I've studied the pics a thousand times, too.

That said, I still dispute your claim that the original pictures have no distortions. There are a least two very clear areas of vertical camera distortion that bisect the body of the DWT following Mickey - and as well, the entire pic is horizontally distorted.

If you haven't seen that yet, then maybe look again, as I suggested.

Oh, I agree that the original pics have some distortion. It's undeniable. But I don't think the distortion accounts for all of the unusual variables we see in this pic. All three pics in that spot were taken from the same camera within minutes of each other so all road conditions, weather, light sources, etc. would be the same. This one pic is the only one that shows these anomalies.

Plus, when you see the same pic 80+ inches long without the distortion of enlarging, there is a lot more detail. It would be like making a huge poster of the image where you can see the tiny details. There were some things that were very clear to me.

No light distortion would account for what looks like a covering on top of the cab. I can definitely see some light distortion in other areas like the front windshield. Seriously, I can see the driver...can make out his hairline...his ears, etc. Could not do that with the tiny truck pic.

So, between 2008 and 2012 he never bothered any women?

He has other victims. I can almost guarantee it. He got sloppy this time for some reason.

I honestly believe the same thing. There is no way they he went 4 years without doing ANYTHING to other girls/women. Lots of predators become comfortable with their actions and think they won't or can't get caught. I hope more of his victims come forward now that he's in jail and feel safe because he threatened him like he did to his first victim. It's also possible that his DNA could be crossed referenced to other unsliced murders or rapes.

I want to clear up that I am NOT LINDSAY W
My name is Lindsey W my user name here is catchy kitty and I have not once posted on this site till now...

ok....who is Lindsey W? Did someone accuse you of being her? :waitasec:

No, I am stating that much of what happened to Mickey could of happened within blocks.

The bump and grab in one spot.

The purpose in another spot close by.

It did not have to be 30, 60, 90, 200 miles away. It for the most part could of taken place within a very small area.

Except for the disposal which I believe was to divert attention.

What I am stating is very easy to understand.

A witness came forward mentioning the guy looked like marks on him and the neck wound from the photo looks as if there was a pretty decent sized struggle. oF COURSE this is not confirmed so all IMO...

The only reason to fight like that is knowing there is no way other then to try to fight to get away. I think shows Mickey was aware she had no out, and that she had to fight him . For these reasons I believe she was tied up and threatend and then either got the ties off and tried to fight her way out of somewhere or he took the ties off of her . Maybe not his home maybe his truck since he burned it but I personaly believe he was on his way or made it to somewhere he could take his time and his crime does not seem as impulsive. LE stated he was out looking for a victims, which means he would have tools to aide him with control , confinment and intimidation.

He could have a place he takes care of for other offshore workers ,while they are away or a dead relatives home or an empty home he is comfortable.

Sorry if they're super big. These are still shots from the same JVM as someone posted earlier.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oh, I agree that the original pics have some distortion. It's undeniable. But I don't think the distortion accounts for all of the unusual variables we see in this pic. All three pics in that spot were taken from the same camera within minutes of each other so all road conditions, weather, light sources, etc. would be the same. This one pic is the only one that shows these anomalies.

Plus, when you see the same pic 80+ inches long without the distortion of enlarging, there is a lot more detail. It would be like making a huge poster of the image where you can see the tiny details. There were some things that were very clear to me.

No light distortion would account for what looks like a covering on top of the cab. I can definitely see some light distortion in other areas like the front windshield. Seriously, I can see the driver...can make out his hairline...his ears, etc. Could not do that with the tiny truck pic.

'If it drives like a truck, it's prolly a truck''.. 'I'd think that we could move past the DWBT by now'...

As I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion in regards to all matter including the photos. I can assure you that I have a perfect pic on my tv and there was no distortion. I think there is something in the photo's that speaks volume's and that is just the way I see it. And a few others do as well. It is too obvious to ignore. And I do not see this type of distortion on any of the other pics.

I do not see Mickey on the truck or anywhere in the pic but it does not take a lot of force to throw someone up onto the truck and it can cause little damage to the bike. I will post some pics to prove this theory.

Unless BSL has used this MO in the past he likely has no idea just how much force it takes to throw someone from a bike or what direction they would fall in. Not my personal theory but for all we know it could have been an abduction attempt that went horribly wrong when he hit her too hard.

With all do respect, the pictures have distortion in them all ready. It doesn't matter if you view them on a bigger screen. It's because of the type of camera they were taken with and in addition they were zoomed previously by LE. Of course you can post and say anything you see or want. But we can also say what we think as well. Those pics are extremely distorted and that's just a well known fact that anyone can see with the naked eye. There is no argument in that. Also there's not a whole lot of point in discussing the truck in the Circle K pics, we know is BSL's, we know he took Mickey in it, we know he did not hit Mickey or have Mickey in the truck in these pics, we know Mickey or her bike is not under the truck, so discussing any of this helps Mickey in absolutely no way. However if you find it interesting of course you can discuss what you wish, I just wish to put it into perspective.

A witness came forward mentioning the guy looked like marks on him and the neck wound from the photo looks as if there was a pretty decent sized struggle. oF COURSE this is not confirmed so all IMO...

The only reason to fight like that is knowing there is no way other then to try to fight to get away. I think shows Mickey was aware she had no out, and that she had to fight him . For these reasons I believe she was tied up and threatend and then either got the ties off and tried to fight her way out of somewhere or he took the ties off of her . Maybe not his home maybe his truck since he burned it but I personaly believe he was on his way or made it to somewhere he could take his time and his crime does not seem as impulsive. LE stated he was out looking for a victims, which means he would have tools to aide him with control , confinment and intimidation.

He could have a place he takes care of for other offshore workers ,while they are away or a dead relatives home or an empty home he is comfortable.

Totally get what you are saying.

There are a few possibilities here :)

Someone posted a link this morning of an article that discussed his training in auto body. I am guessing he does both. His resume and LinkedIn profile list him as a mechanic.

Some of his mechanical training was in Lake Charles. It's possible that he's familiar with that area too and could have left her somewhere in that area. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member