Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 49s49 seconds ago

"Sandy Arias (mom) did not give Jodi the live and support she needed. In fact she beat her." Nurmi

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
#jodiarias brother has on a purple ribbon for Domestic Violence Awareness #3TVArias

Is this the brother she hit in the head with a baseball bat?

Did that guy who just called into HLN say she should be given 15 years and sent home? He sounded like he'd drunk his breakfast and lunch. Yowza.
Sounds like one of my patients...sigh

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 5s 5 seconds ago

We hear details of hitting choking and beating that the father of #JodiArias gave. At 17 she left home.

---------

From ME:

OMG ... what bulldinky ! No doubt CMJA and DT are desperate ... I bet the father/mother/brother speaks on behalf of CMJA !

:moo:

Nurmi hasn't changed. It's all about the graphic dirty sex for him.

And neither has Willmott who should have told Arias not to whisper as the jury walks in and out but she whispers right back like a schoolgirl!

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 52s52 seconds ago

"#JodiArias father would choke her until she was unconscious." Nurmi

The way tweets conveyed it to us Judge S. listed the mitigators as established fact~her age, remorse, blah blah. Surely she did not do that!

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 49s49 seconds ago

"Sandy Arias (mom) did not give Jodi the live and support she needed. In fact she beat her." Nurmi

That will teach them to show up to support her and her attorney. :)

Im gonna be mostly lurking as mutli-tasking.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 4s 4 seconds ago
Nurmi is going over #Jodiarias life growing up #3TVArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 25s 25 seconds ago

Nurmi is going over #JodiArias' previous relationships and notes they didn't end in violence.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 9s 10 seconds ago

Nurmi explains #JodiArias also had a rough background. He refers to Bill Arias who sits in front row now.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 4s 5 seconds ago

Because Mr. Arias worked so much, #JodiArias' prime caretaker was her mother who is also here. "she beat Jodi"

We all knew Nurmi would retry the guilt phase. Wonder how far he is allowed to go? I suppose Juan's objection will mark the spot.

Don't forget to take notice of any pencils put up the sleeve, or pills taken...
Nurmi and his circus talk, who is he kidding, she is the most dangerous main attraction.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
#JodiArias mother did nothing when her dad threw her against a wall #3TVArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Nurmi- #jodiarias mother didn't give her love and support she needed. In fact she beat Jodi #3TVArias

How is the victim's fault that the criminal chose him to be her first target?! :gaah:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago

Female juror "heels" bounces her leg up and down and has stopped taking notes. She looks a bit agitated

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 52s52 seconds ago

"#JodiArias father would choke her until she was unconscious." Nurmi

What? Did this come out in the first trial? I thought they said he spanked her with a belt and he pushed her and she hit her head?

So I have heard many defense attorneys say that it is very dangerous to pain the victim in such a villianous light a this DT has done. Many juries don't like that and you risk losing them. They say they personally wouldn't have taken that route at all, but simply painted the volatile nature of the relationship and painted Travis as someone with flaws. When the evidence of abuse just isn't there you must tread lightly. The pedophilia claim also was just a little too far. Jodi's story went from marginally believable to fairy tale. If it was the DT's choice I'm sure they'd pull it back on that one. I don't think they have much choice there. BUT

I do think the DT will try and pull back the Villianizing Travis a bit this time around. Nurmi has been a small bit kinder to Travis this time, it sounds like. No dirty little secrets and Mormon liar memes. That might make this slightly more tolerable, even though the abuse will be the story still, of course.

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 58s58 seconds ago

#Nurmi talking about #jodiArias two jobs to try to pay mortgage in previous relationship, trying to pre-frame the jury that shes not monster

You are very wrong. First, JSS has to pretend she's impartial. I'm great at reading people, she hates JA as much as we do. She will NEVER grant her the possibility of parole. 2nd, even if she does, that doesn't mean she gets parole after 25 years. Arizona law is different, she won't EVER EVER EVER be getting out of jail alive, no matter what the sentence is.

I agree even if the killer gets possibility of parole she will never get out. First of all, AZ does not have the option. Second, on the off chance parole gets reinstated in AZ it has to be earned; it's not a given after a certain amount of time. I think the killer will have too many write-ups for infractions to ever qualify. And she would have to take responsibility for her crime; I don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawless311