Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 20

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

2. Loading...

3. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Please continue posting here.

Will there be court today or is it a: :secret:

Will court start on time: :praying:

Can we look forward to a full court day today: :hilarious:

4. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Good Morning everyone.

Have to wonder why defense is fighting the release of the secret testimony when it has already been given. There is no threat to her. That portion of her testimony is over and done with and the excuses she presently are using do not apply to keeping that portion still secret. jmo

5. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

WOW , I am first!!! Good Morning all.
    At work but will check in.
    Stock up on aspirin!!!

6. Dmacky

Dmacky Active Member

Here's a good read before we start today.

The official Petition for Review to Arizona Supreme Court regarding secret testimony

Specifically the petition is saying, to the Supreme Court, 'We are sad that the Court of Appeals ignored us. Jodi’s rights are more important than the Constitutional rights of the tax payers that are footing her bills right now.

read article here
    http://www.examiner.com/article/jod...tion-secret-defense-looking-shadier-every-day

7. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Good morning! Have an appointment at the exact time court to start. :(. But will be checking in later to read all your good posts. Hopefully, we will get some good news. Or.....no trial until Monday.

Azlawyer, I like that you think a verdict will come by 2/15/2015. Sounds good to me! Don't know how it is possible but I am hoping.

8. runningwater

runningwater New Member

Morning All
    What will today bring, I wonder?

9. Dmacky

Dmacky Active Member

Or valium :giggle:

10. runningwater

runningwater New Member

Broken link...

11. Dmacky

Dmacky Active Member

12. rose222

rose222 New Member

I hate saying this but I wish she had been sentenced to LWOP after the last trial. This is getting more ridiculous by the day. I'll hold on for another month. I have a wonderful vacation coming up in February so I will be far away from the internet for a good three weeks. And, to be honest, if I come back to the same usual drama then I'll have to let go and just watch the verdict. I'd like to believe that I'm dedicated but these delays and absurdities are terribly disheartening.

13. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Im surprised it couldnt have been thrown out right away because it has no basis. When I read the COA ruling it was very clear to me. Stop any secret testimony and release transcripts. PERIOD.

Anything the DT is doing should have been thrown out.

14. Ranchgirl

Ranchgirl Active Member

Good morning. Hoping we hear something..anything today. Will be interesting to read all the "stuff" after the trial and we can discuss all the backround info we are not privy to now. Hopefully Lambchop will be with us and set it up. I voted April 8!

15. Nosey Parker

Nosey Parker A Brit in Canada

:seeya: Good Lord, I can't believe I have nothing to offer this morning except a greeting to you all, and a sigh!

16. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Member

has there been any State response to the defense filings?

17. pinkandgreenmom

pinkandgreenmom Well-Known Member

It seemed from the minute entries posted on the last thread that the state had a filing due yesterday, and I think it relates to tomorrow's 1:30 arguments on motion to dismiss. Not sure if that is an old motion to dismiss (computer) or the defense has come up with some new cockamamie theory. Who knows with this crew.

18. bsk

bsk New Member

If you extrapolate what Geffie is saying in the video there, JA wasn't necessarily lying about Travis getting murdered by ninjas. She may have just been exaggerating, because after all he was murdered.

These defense witnesses have been unbelievable -- in every sense of the word.

19. bsk

bsk New Member

And if it's me reading the sighs.... (Apologies if you haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook.)

20. Nosey Parker

Nosey Parker A Brit in Canada

I haven't, but I looked it up. As it has Bradley Cooper in it, I marked it as a must-see. Perhaps then I will understand your comment! LOL

ETA If you can read the written sigh you would have made a great 'unbelievable defence witness' ;)

21. grammieto5

grammieto5 Active Member

Hey everyone, good morning, OK so I think I understand, after the jury comes back with their decision, this judge has two months to sentence the murderer. If the jury decides on the DP could this judge change it to LWOP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.