UK - Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of murder/attempted murder of a number of babies, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been sort of following this for quite a while now, but had given up expecting anything to ever happen. I do hope Lucy didn't do this awful thing, but it now seems really obvious that someone did. She just looks so nice. And as a mother of middle-aged children, I feel so sorry for her parents too, not just the babies' mums.
I’m so uncomfortable with this attitude; that she can’t have done it because she’s blonde, slim, young, not a bitter twisted old hag (as was also alluded to at the beginning of the thread). Monsters don’t come with labels on. They don’t breathe fire or have red eyes. They are normal people. It goes without saying that she is innocent until proven guilty, but the thought that she’s too “nice” or “pretty” to even be under suspicion, is baffling.

If she was male or middle aged, she’d be tried and convicted by now by half the people on here and on social media. I just have to hope that people who allow themselves to be so easily swayed by a person’s looks are never serving on a jury that an innocent yet ugly person finds themself on the wrong side of.

One aspect of this case I cannot wrap my head around is the timing. She was working at the hospital between 2011 and 2018, but all of the murders/attempted murders occurred within a 12-month window. What was she doing the rest of the time?

I’m so uncomfortable with this attitude; that she can’t have done it because she’s blonde, slim, young, not a bitter twisted old hag (as was also alluded to at the beginning of the thread). Monsters don’t come with labels on. They don’t breathe fire or have red eyes. They are normal people. It goes without saying that she is innocent until proven guilty, but the thought that she’s too “nice” or “pretty” to even be under suspicion, is baffling.

If she was male or middle aged, she’d be tried and convicted by now by half the people on here and on social media. I just have to hope that people who allow themselves to be so easily swayed by a person’s looks are never serving on a jury that an innocent yet ugly person finds themself on the wrong side of.

Me too, it's disgusting. I don't know if she's guilty or not, but her looks have nothing to do with anything.

Unconfirmed, but I believe she is due to appear again on 19th February 2021 when she will enter a plea.

ADMIN REMINDER:

Some posts have been removed.

Websleuths TOS requires that if you state information as fact, you must provide a link to support it, otherwise your post gets removed, along with all responses by members who have taken the time to respond and end up having their post removed as well.

Also, please remember that general comments from social media are not allowed unless they are from MSM or LE, or by the Admin of an approved account (such as an official Missing Person support group). If you aren't sure whether a source is allowed, please ask a Mod or Admin.

Websleuths Terms of Service, aka The Rules, are linked in my signature.

Twins :( one day apart. Did she go to bed thinking ‘I’ll do the second one in the morning’? I just can’t with this case. My baby was in neonatal, you are forced to put your trust in them when you and your baby are most vulnerable. I’m sickened. Did she have children of her own? Did she struggle to conceive? Or was this munchausen by proxy wanting to appear as the hero who saved/tried to save babies? So many questions and doubt we will get many answers until trial now. Those poor parents.

Twins :( one day apart. Did she go to bed thinking ‘I’ll do the second one in the morning’? I just can’t with this case. My baby was in neonatal, you are forced to put your trust in them when you and your baby are most vulnerable. I’m sickened. Did she have children of her own? Did she struggle to conceive? Or was this munchausen by proxy wanting to appear as the hero who saved/tried to save babies? So many questions and doubt we will get many answers until trial now. Those poor parents.
My possible motive theory is wanting to be the hero who comforted the distressed parents.

My possible motive theory is wanting to be the hero who comforted the distressed parents.
mines similar....i think she thrived on all the drama...hustle bustle, gossip etc. the discovery of the babies being sick, then the rush to stabilise them, the drama around parents being called indifferent doctors...then the deaths. lots going on for her to observe.

Like the firefighter who starts fires?

Gotta be either that, or a deep seated jealousy or misguided revenge. I'd be interested to know what, if anything, was going on in her personal life in 2015.

Same.. And on that subject I have never seen anything of her in the way of social media. Which I’m guessing we can talk about now she has been named..anything?

Same.. And on that subject I have never seen anything of her in the way of social media. Which I’m guessing we can talk about now she has been named..anything?

There was a FB page but it’s defunct now, and I don’t recall there being much on there other than profile pics. No idea about other social media but I imagine she has laid pretty low these last couple of years.

I find it interesting that ever since this first came out back in 2017 no one else has ever been named in connection with this apart from her. I think they must be pretty certain it's her but it's taken all this time to gather enough evidence.

That's one possibility. Another is that like many serial killers, she had a compulsion to kill and chose vulnerable infants because she could commit the crimes within her "comfort zone," hoping the murders would never be connected to her.

It's Beverley Allitt all over again, chillingly dubbed The Angel Of Death. She murdered 4 babies and attempted to murder/GBH another 9 in 1991.

She got 13 life sentences with a minimum tariff of 28 years... which must mean she's due for parole relatively soon.

Beverley Allitt - Wikipedia

Allitt lasted about a week in prison before she was declared to have a psychopathic disorder and moved to Rampton Hospital.

I believe her minimum tariff is now trumped by her not presenting a risk to the community. So I believe she will be at the mercy of the medical experts.

I doubt if she will ever be released.

The other possibility is that there isn't a smoking gun but it's got to a point where the case just isn't going to get any stronger so they've decided to go for it.

The Crown Prosecution Service will need to have authorised the charges after application of both the evidential test and public interest test.

The 'let's give it a go and see what happens' scenario is not an available option.

There must be a prima facie case based on the evidence that has been obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freedomfinders