TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Thanks to tlcya and beach for their contributions to this post and for their continued hard work in moderating the Bever's thread.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

NEW DOC
FB Warrant Probable Cause Affidavit

A member was kind enough to seek out and share this probable cause statement regarding the warrant for Missy's Facebook account. A person is named in full in that document as someone LE wanted more information about Missy's interactions with. That individual's initials are CW. We will continue to call that individual by their initials and not use their name in our discussions.

A reminder that this warrant was obtained in the early days of the investigation and since that time LE has stated "We didn't glean anything of significant evidentiary value from the execution of the warrants,"

If a member obtained it from the court record others can and will. Therefore we are making it available for our members but caution you to keep the above statement in mind when reading and making reference to it.

The Latest

Odd silence falls over Missy Bevers murder probe as ‘Person of Interest’ and ‘Vehicle of Interest’ emerge
by Alan Duke, Reporter & 'Crime Stories With Nancy Grace' Co-host
January 10, 2017

Snip:
"While sources tell us the silence is a intended to slow the “crazies” whose speculation and leads have distracted them, other reasons may also explain the strategy. There is a new “person of interest” and his law enforcement connections have made the case too sensitive to discuss publicly until it is resolved, one source says.

Although Crime Online has been told the name of this “person of interest” by a source, we will not publish it until police confirm it on the record.
A woman arriving for the “Camp Gladiators” work out found Bevers dead inside the church about 45 minutes later. Midlothian police received a 911 call reporting the discovery at 5:06 a.m.

Another video recently released online shows what police call a “vehicle of interest,” although investigators will not confirm if they have identified its driver or explained its unusual appearance near the church. It was recorded by a series of cameras posted around a gun store near the church about two hours before the murder. The Nissan Altima spends six minutes in the SWFA Outdoors parking lot, much of the time with its lights off. The church is on the opposite side of the divided highway, less than a half mile away.
http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/1...terest-emerge/

Police are rarely in a position to see both the front and rear plates, much less check to see if they match. I've been pulled over several times this past year and have yet to have a police officer bother to go to the front of my vehicle to check to see if it matched my rear plate. Given the many things they already look for (expired registration, weapons, drugs, etc) I'm doubtful this ranks very high on the to-do list.

Agreed. While we lived in TX, my son purchased a car that didn't have the holes on the front bumper, necessary, to attach a license plate. He didn't want to "damage" his new car by drilling four holes in a new bumper. The salesman said many people don't attach a license plate on the front of their car.

My point is: Yes, it is a law in TX that you must display plates on the front and back of your vehicle, but it is seldom enforced.

I will go on record to say, I always displayed my plates properly!

IMHO

:great:

I am praying this is the thread where we get an arrest!

Agreed. While we lived in TX, my son purchased a car that didn't have the holes on the front bumper, necessary, to attach a license plate. He didn't want to "damage" his new car by drilling four holes in a new bumper. The salesman said many people don't attach a license plate on the front of their car.

My point is: Yes, it is a law in TX that you must display plates on the front and back of your vehicle, but it is seldom enforced.

I will go on record to say, I always displayed my plates properly!

IMHO

:great:

I disagree. I live in TX. You will be given a hard time in this state if you don't have plates front and back. You probably won't be ticketed if there are no holes on the front, but you are still likely to be stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know when in the SWFA video the picture showing the "4FAITH" license plate was pulled? Anyone have a timestamp?

I wasnt joking when I was joking about BB saying he had Mississippi plates lol I cant find the interview, I tried last night to no avail, does anyone have it ? I didnt hear it when he was on the porch in the plaid shirt. It has been so long I dont recall where he was or what he was wearing but I did hear it cause I choked on my coffee.

Does anyone know when in the SWFA video the picture showing the "4FAITH" license plate was pulled? Anyone have a timestamp?

several states have that plate none match the car described. That would be pretty funny if it did turn out the SWFA car was in fact involved and they had the brains to do it in a car with vanity plates lol

you know on second thought I guess they could have stolen the plates as the 4FAITH may have some bizarre religious undertone or meaning but what are the odds of that ?

I wasnt joking when I was joking about BB saying he had Mississippi plates lol I cant find the interview, I tried last night to no avail, does anyone have it ? I didnt hear it when he was on the porch in the plaid shirt. It has been so long I dont recall where he was or what he was wearing but I did hear it cause I choked on my coffee.

Here it is. It’s at the very beginning.
[video=youtube;ICfVJ4yIHcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfVJ4yIHcs[/video]

Here it is. It’s at the very beginning.
[video=youtube;ICfVJ4yIHcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfVJ4yIHcs[/video]

THANK YOU !!!! that was driving me nuts and for some reason I didnt think it was this interview. yes I spit coffe all over my shirt and puter lol I guess he was trying to emphasize his innocence as per his proof he was no where near the crime scene. hummm geesh

In thinking about this, the perp (2 main and some perifially) wanted MB dead. Maybe to make life easier and more tolerable for someone they loved.

At the time of planning and execution no one could have guessed that this crime would become national and worldly news.

Which is why I think we (or I)
are over thinking it. Yes, it was fairly well planned but I think there was a great deal of luck involved too.

And.....a lot of people aren't talking or if they are, there's a lot of deflection.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I asked the poster to show the original frame or picture, from which those plates were processed. My guess is, those plates are only serving as a "guess" and not as a factual capture of the actual license plates. Quote me on that.

-Nin

I asked the poster to show the original frame or picture, from which those plates were processed. My guess is, those plates are only serving as a "guess" and not as a factual capture of the actual license plates. Quote me on that.

-Nin
I know that you asked for more information in the previous thread but couldn't figure out how to quote you here. The 4FAITH plate is the only one in which I see anything that is claimed to be there.....

I know that you asked for more information in the previous thread but couldn't figure out how to quote you here. The 4FAITH plate is the only one that I see anything that is claimed to be there.....

I think someone took the stock photo of a 4FAITH plate and blurred it. I have yet to see what frame that alleged enhancement came from and none of the frames I've looked at (of both the front and the rear plates) look even remotely close to a 4FAITH plate with the crosses on the left side. Notice that in every single one of these, the border is white (or lightly colored) all the way around (and not just the thin strip of white border on the "one state under god" plates).

(sorry for reposting these pics)
lp2.png

Unless someone posts the time in the video that that image comes from, I'm not buying it at all.

-Nin

I quoted you :D

I agree 100%... and posting it the way it was has thrown the entire thread off on a snipe-hunt for the past 24 hours... (my opinion, albeit a strong one)

I think someone took the stock photo of a 4FAITH plate and blurred it. I have yet to see what frame that alleged enhancement came from and none of the frames I've looked at (of both the front and the rear plates) look even remotely close to a 4FAITH plate with the crosses on the left side. Notice that in every single one of these, the border is white (or lightly colored) all the way around (and not just the thin strip of white border on the "one state under god" plates).

(sorry for reposting these pics)
attachment.php

Unless someone posts the time in the video that that image comes from, I'm not buying it at all.

And you shouldn’t buy it. This member who put the license plates photo out there posted pics awhile back showing VB’s face in the SP outfit/helmet (it was obviously super-imposed). Now, I am not saying that’s impossible (that it is VB or a Bevers family member), but we cannot see who it is in the outfit in the church! The person would have been arrested long ago if it was that obvious. This particular member doctors photos IMO so I would disregard.

I think we've all gone a little crazy with no arrest and no information from MPD...they were strategic in the images they released and I personally think they're blurred for a reason. The enhanced images where people are certain they see something all seem to be changed from the original image IMO.

I quoted you :D

I agree 100%... and posting it the way it was has thrown the entire thread off on a snipe-hunt for the past 24 hours... (my opinion, albeit a strong one)

We (including me) should be mindful that there are rules about linking stuff. If we can't just bring any and every thing from FB or even certain media over here, it stands to reason that pictures a user posts directly without a link should be looked at with skepticism and/or reported to mods to handle.

I think we've all gone a little crazy with no arrest and no information from MPD...they were strategic in the images they released and I personally think they're blurred for a reason. The enhanced images where people are certain they see something all seem to be changed from the original image IMO.

No reason to think that MPD has blurred anything. Now that I've seen the SWFA video, and even with a slight degradation of quality from uploading to YouTube, it's obvious at least to me that it is what it is. No one would have gone in and blurred 6000+ frames of video. And the blurring effect would be obvious to our eyes if they did do it.

I've been going back and re-examining the timeline. Timeline states suspect in police gear was captured on surveillance video at 3:50 a.m. Missy enters the church at 4:20 a.m. Participant in her class arrives in parking lot at 4:35 a.m. 9-1-1 calls are made at 5:00 a.m.

However, paperwork from the police department states that Missy was setting up her room for the boot camp for "about 30 minutes," at which time she then heads towards where the suspect is waiting. Neither is seen on tape again. If this is accurate, that would mean she entered the building at 4:20 but did not head towards the suspect until 4:50 a.m. That gives the murderer only 10 minutes to murder her and escape before her body is found at 5:00 a.m.

It also means at least one of the bootcamp participants is in the parking lot at the time of the murder (they arrived at 4:35). Granted, they may have been listening to music and unable to hear any screams within, but they would have seen a person dressed in police gear leaving the door to the church; that means the murderer left through another entryway - which would have added to what they had to accomplish in that short 10 minute window. Police arrive at 5:10 a.m., at which time presumably the murderer would have been unable to leave the parking lot by vehicle.

And why is it after Missy is murdered is the suspect not seen again? Did they leave through a window? No surveillance cameras in that portion of the church? Reports have indicated her body was located in the southwest corner of the church, so with her body being discovered at approximately 5:00 a.m., people would have been inside the church heading towards her body for at least a couple of minutes before it was found. That cuts an already close 10 minute window even closer...

So if these reports and police documents are accurate, imagine this from the murderer's point of view. You've been in the church since 3:50 a.m. waiting on Missy to show up (assuming this is a targeted hit). You surely hear activity within the church when Missy enters at 4:20 a.m. Missy likely is going back and forth to her vehicle several times in order to bring the equipment inside (although it is likely this ended by 4:35 since the person in the parking lot did not enter with her to help bring any equipment in or help to set up the room, which would be the most likely scenario). Very strange they did not go to her but rather remained where they were and waiting for her. So from 4:35 they simply lie in wait for her to come to them until she finally does so at 4:50. Imagine them looking repeatedly at their watch, knowing class starts at 5:00, and knowing that anyone else could enter the church at any moment. They know they have to kill her (with a hammer, no less) and get away before anyone can stop them and at 4:50 a.m. they now only have 10 minutes before class is scheduled to start. You know Missy is physically fit and there's the possibility it will take at least several minutes to subdue her (unless she is attacked first from behind and knocked out - however, autopsy report states she dies from puncture wounds to head and chest - not head and back, suggesting a frontal assault). You've been waiting 30 minutes since you heard her enter and she's still not coming to where you are, so do you go to her (which for some reason they did not want to - was there surveillance cameras in that room and they feared their face might be exposed in the encounter with Missy?) or keep waiting even if that means you miss out on this opportunity? Is it possible they made noise to lure her to their area? Call out to her? Or were they so confident of her schedule they knew she'd go to that corner of the church before she started class (use bathroom; pick up class roster; something else?)?

If they waited until 4:50 a.m. to murder her, they had nerves of steel. That would seem to indicate this was not their first rodeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear