Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. FSG did not see BG at 2:35. FSG did see BG at 2:47 but I didn't put it on the map because I don't know where FSG saw BG specifically.
You have MSM reference to FSG sighting BG? I know he saw a couple under the bridge. As far as i know it is unclear where under the bridge they were seen, at the creek or at the road? I believe at the creek since I have never heare FSG say he crossed the bridge and I don't think he would see someone on the road. Most people do not cross the bridge and actually the end of the trail is at the beginning of the bridge so I think FSG could only see what he could see from the end of the trail.

This is a very rough, approximate sketch. I would love to see someone with a.) neater handwriting b.) better artistic skills c.) more verified MSM info d.) all of the above take a crack at making something better. Apologies for the delay. Not my best effort but it gives us a starting point. The 4 handwritten notes are the bottom I believe are verified MSM accounts but I couldn't find times or approximate map locations. This could be all wrong and I'm open to corrections.
Edited to add: I'm an accountant, not Van Gogh.

thanks for that
it really brings home to me how close Libby's dad and others were to saving them/preventing /witnessing what happened
and if one believes, as I do, that the couple under the bridge was actually one of the victims and the murderer, with the other victim already deceased or hidden from view, then the potential witnesses were SO close

one question - FSG saw BG at 2:47? where was that stated?

Last edited:
thanks for that
it really brings home to me how close Libby's dad and others were to saving them/preventing /witnessing what happened
and if one believes, as I do, that the couple under the bridge was actually one of the victims and the murderer, with the other victim already deceased or hidden from view, then the potential witnesses were SO close

one question - FSG say BG at 2:47? where was that stated?

I can't remember but I will go look for the link.

He would have if that was where he trolled.
MOO.
Bundy adapted to the circumstances, he didn’t use one particular ruse all the time.

He used a badge, he faked injuries, he caught victims as they were sleeping, he snatched a child off the street, etc.

I think it’s far more likely that he would have gone with the “lost dog” than “fake cop.”

Last edited:
I had not followed this case at all until I saw the announcement for the PC around Easter and then became intrigued and tried to read the threads everyday. What a tragic story. There have been so many well thought out theories and yet we still don’t know. Last night after spending way too many hours researching this I had a moment when the dots seemed to connect. So bear with me as this is all hypothetical but perhaps possible

What if the CCC is someone fairly local-not from Delphi but has close ties to the community because of a church affiliation , youth functions or something of that matter. What is there is reason to believe they may have been in the area of the trails the day of the murders. What if this person looks very much like Sketch#2 , long chin, reddish brown hair at time of murders-not sure what it looks like now. but has a family member who looks like Sketch#1. Could the person have been interviewed and gave the description of his family member instead-personal vindetta? What if this person would be one of the last people ever suspected due to his or his families reputation. What if this person has a prior medical condition that could explain what some see as a strange gait. What if this person has been away at college but LE knew he would be home for Easter therefore the timing of the PC. What if this person is within the age range but looks to be taller. And based on some things I have read there is a very good chance he may have spent time on the trails in prior years. If Carter was directing his “shack” comments in regard to a religious meaning- this would also fit

I have no motive- but if all these hypothetical coincidences appeared to be true-Would you call the tip line? Oh yes- I forgot the raspy tone to the voice is there also.

I am struggling as to whether this is all my imagination or if there is something to it. I was so sure I knew what happened in Jayme Closs case and couldn’t have been more wrong

I had not followed this case at all until I saw the announcement for the PC around Easter and then became intrigued and tried to read the threads everyday. What a tragic story. There have been so many well thought out theories and yet we still don’t know. Last night after spending way too many hours researching this I had a moment when the dots seemed to connect. So bear with me as this is all hypothetical but perhaps possible

What if the CCC is someone fairly local-not from Delphi but has close ties to the community because of a church affiliation , youth functions or something of that matter. What is there is reason to believe they may have been in the area of the trails the day of the murders. What if this person looks very much like Sketch#2 , long chin, reddish brown hair at time of murders-not sure what it looks like now. but has a family member who looks like Sketch#1. Could the person have been interviewed and gave the description of his family member instead-personal vindetta? What if this person would be one of the last people ever suspected due to his or his families reputation. What if this person has a prior medical condition that could explain what some see as a strange gait. What if this person has been away at college but LE knew he would be home for Easter therefore the timing of the PC. What if this person is within the age range but looks to be taller. And based on some things I have read there is a very good chance he may have spent time on the trails in prior years. If Carter was directing his “shack” comments in regard to a religious meaning- this would also fit

I have no motive- but if all these hypothetical coincidences appeared to be true-Would you call the tip line? Oh yes- I forgot the raspy tone to the voice is there also.

I am struggling as to whether this is all my imagination or if there is something to it. I was so sure I knew what happened in Jayme Closs case and couldn’t have been more wrong
You have been doing a lot of reading!!

These are photos I posted 2 yrs ago. They are clipped from a video. You can see the immediate hill at the end of the bridge that LE thoroughly investigated. They were parked on the road that turns into a private drive. In the second photo you can see where that location is at the end of the bridge, it is between the bridge and the road. There did not appear to be this kind of scrutiny at the other end so I believe this shows which end LE felt the abduction took place.
Also there is a video Julie Melvin did as soon as LE was gone where she walked down the hill (there was fresh black dirt almost as if LE had scooped up dirt and leaves).

The road that turns into the private driveway is that the road that Abby lived on?

What is the northeast end on the map? I'm seeking they were dropped off at the trailhead, no? Near the former social services?
They were dropped off at am access point that is closed off now. It was not really marked or an official trailhead but some locals knew about it. It is part way between Freedom Bridge (which is near the DHS bldg parking) and the Monon High Bridge.

Delphi UMC has really been invested in the case from the beginning, haven't they? It appears they have done their best to support the families, LE, and the community. I was just re-reading through the church newsletter OfficerHops provided for us (back on thread 90).
Here are a few of the things I found on page 2, "Letters to Home":

[RSBM]
"I am pleased with the amazing way our church responded for the community, that, in the midst of terrible evil, we served as an island of peace. From the moment the calls came in, our church was present as first responders who were out in search teams Monday night.....

Come Tuesday, I witnessed so many of our members on volunteer teams with the fire and police..... the church was present in the initial stages..... engaged with the schools each day helping to counsel students.....

I was hesitant to host the Press Conference, however God confirmed my decision as State Police Superintendent Doug Carter shared in reverent tones what happened......" (I'm a little uncertain if the minister is indicating he was told "what happened" personally, or just the
information disclosed at the PC in general)?
http://www.delphiumc.org/hp_wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/MARCH2017-NEWSLETTER.pdf

THE SHACK REFERENCE- perhaps a member of the congregation gave a copy to one of the family members? Not insinuating anything nefarious with this comment. Am just curious. Could be someone's way of trying to promote a community of forgiveness in the healing process? Regardless; I was just agreeing that the church as been very involved in trying to help with the investigation. Wasn't trying to write a book-sorry!:p

Who wrote that? And where did it come from? Is that MSM?

You have MSM reference to FSG sighting BG? I know he saw a couple under the bridge. As far as i know it is unclear where under the bridge they were seen, at the creek or at the road? I believe at the creek since I have never heare FSG say he crossed the bridge and I don't think he would see someone on the road. Most people do not cross the bridge and actually the end of the trail is at the beginning of the bridge so I think FSG could only see what he could see from the end of the trail.

The couple under the bridge was referred to by CE. There is a link in my summary several threads back but I don't know how to link it.

Wells nice job. So I'm confused.

I see you have FSG at the trail head at 3:15 which sounds right but then you have FSG at the Freedom Bridge at 2:35 which I don't understand.

From what I understand Derrick came upon FSG at the trail head at approx 3:15 and then he takes the trail towards the water, sees nothing, heads back to the trail head and takes the trail towards the Freedom Bridge and sees FSG again so the time FSG is seen again by Derrick would be after 3:15....What am I getting wrong???
I can’t get this to open on my iPad:(. But who is FSG ? Tia

Yes it is.

Where are you getting that information from? Although the name of the owners of the home at the very end of the road that runs under the SE end of the bridge has never been released, early on it was reported they were snowbirds, people who go somewhere warmer during the winter months. Whether that’s true or not I have no idea. But definitely it was never reported Abby lived at that location IMO.

I agree that BG is more likely from the regional area than necessarily Delphi. My thought is that he has a relative (grandparent, uncle, parents, etc.) in Delphi but he does not live there. I also agree that the bridge has some significance to him, possibly from his youth (walking the area, playing in the area). He knew that area and he was organized in his crime.
That is what I believe is most likely. That he can't be identified maybe because that relative is no longer there or deceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member