Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A member of staff at The Dusun Hotel told The Sun Online today [August 5]: "The window was open but there is no way of telling whether it was opened from the inside or the outside.

"We searched our entire property yesterday and we are continuing to help police today. We pray she is safe.

"It is thick jungle around the hotel so the search is very difficult and very slow as we make our way through it."

Nora Quoirin's family believe 'vulnerable' Brit girl, 15, WAS snatched from Malaysia hotel room but cops insist case is 'not abduction'

____

In a statement on Facebook, the resort's owners said they were "extremely distressed and worried" and "pray for [Nora's] safety".

They said staff were working with police and had searched in the surrounding area from Sunday morning until 03:00 on Monday.

Jungle search for vulnerable holiday teen

In a statement posted online, the management of the Dusun resort said that hotel staff searched the 12 acre (48,562 square meter) property "all Sunday morning," before then joining the wider police search.

Nora Quoirin: Missing London teenager was abducted from Malaysian resort, parents say - CNN

Thanks I had not seen this. I would think the owner rather than a staff member formally speaking with the press would be more appropriate.

Well that turned out to be a bit of a damp squib! The reporter said the parents didn't feel able to speak. They showed a brief appeal clip of the aunt speaking and another male and female unidentified with her. There was a brief phone conversation with the grandfather in France, speaking French, with audio translation. He said his granddaughter was "very shy, very reserved, very fearful".

The reporter also stated on the intro that it was the window in her (Nora) room that was found open.

The aunt of missing teenager Nora Quoirin has made an emotional appeal for help in locating her niece.

Éadaoin Agnew asked people to keep the 15-year-old, who disappeared in Malaysia on Sunday, in their thoughts.

Fighting back tears at one point, she said Nora's disappearance had been "extremely traumatic for the whole family".

"Nora is still missing. She is very vulnerable and we need to do everything we can to bring her home," she said.

Malaysian police said they had "not ruled anything out" as to the reason for Nora's disappearance.

Video is here: Missing girl's aunt makes emotional appeal for help

One of the weird things about this case to me has been the disconnect between the family and everyone. Let me lead this by saying I don’t believe that the family is involved with the disappearance. My main logic being how the hell could a tourist from London make a girl disappear in the forest in Malaysia without getting lost themselves in such a good hiding spot even locals can’t find it. Maybe it’s possible but it seems crazy to me. Furthermore I’d guess if the family was involved in foul play they’d stop demanding to look for foul play.

That being said I don’t understand the behavior. It seems family usually buddy up with the cops who suggest to not talk to the media so they don’t hinder the case, or they cozy up with media because they dont agree with the police work or just to keep their kids name in the news. Neither of these things are happening though. They disagree with the cops but won’t tell the media explicitly why. Basically we are left knowing almost nothing for sure. The only thing we can all agree on is she went missing on August 4th and no ones seen her since. Everything else about Nóra from which house or room she was staying in, what she was wearing, her mental abilities...it’s all speculation

So what are the highest probability possibilities based on the dogs losing the scent after 100 yards? Keep in mind, I do understand that search/sniffer dogs are not perfect so I'm just asking for what the lost scent could possibly suggest. That she did exit the actual interior of the hotel and then it was lost --- she was taken out and put in a vehicle or on a bike/scooter/vespa type deal?

It's hard for me to imagine someone coming up out of the jungle to snatch a child from their room, however, I haven't been to Malaysia (nor do I know much about it as my extent of reading up on it revolved around Malaysia Airlines Flight 370). Could an employee of the hotel have associates involved in some sort of criminal enterprise? Every disappearance on this site seems to attract the "taken by sex traffickers" angle, but could it be possible in this situation? Maybe even some sort of scheme to sell children on a black market?

For example -- Nora and her family arrive at the hotel Saturday. An employee sees them and contacts a third party who probably doesn't work at the hotel and lets them know a family just checked in, the room they are in, the fact that one of the children seems to have development challenges/could be easier to control, and then later that night they sneak in and take her.

I'm definitely not saying this is what I think happened, but just some food for thought and to see if anybody else has any ideas along these lines or rooted in them. MOO.

You are vocalising what I've been thinking.

After reading more about the resort and how remote it is, if she didn't wander off, it would definitely have to be someone familiar with the place, and possibly that she was an easy target.

How did they arrive, taxi? Car rental? Sorry if its been mentioned.

Last edited:
I missed the bit about the sister saying she climbed out of the window.
BBM

Mohamad said it was too early for police to conclude that the 15-year-old had been abducted or kidnapped.

“A search of the girl’s room at the resort did not turn up any evidence of a criminal element in her disappearance. The victim’s sister noticed that one of the windows in the room was opened on the morning she went missing, and believes Nora had gone out the window herself.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/crime-c...e-rule-out-abduction-disappearance-irish-teen

Not necessarily. We’ve seen many instances where the dogs either lost the scent or never found it yet the missing person/child was found in the general vicinity. Dogs are not infallible especially because their handlers are humans.
She had been there since the previous day, so her smell would be within a 100 metre perimeter anyway, wouldn’t it? Depending on which direction it was in and whether they’d walked that way already, I guess.

BBM

Mohamad said it was too early for police to conclude that the 15-year-old had been abducted or kidnapped.

“A search of the girl’s room at the resort did not turn up any evidence of a criminal element in her disappearance. The victim’s sister noticed that one of the windows in the room was opened on the morning she went missing, and believes Nora had gone out the window herself.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/crime-c...e-rule-out-abduction-disappearance-irish-teen
Thank you. I wonder where they got that from. Did the journalist interview the child? I wouldn’t have thought so.

I wonder if the whole “sibling implies she went out the window thing” is where the disconnect began and why they aren’t allowed to speak to the police or media. Maybe they took an 8 year olds suggestion and made it a key element in their case.
(EDIT: Later commenters are informing me that the sister is the elder 12 year old who would have said that. Still it could have been an offhand comment not even under official questioning that was taken out of context and used against them. I think even a 12 year old would rather believe their sister left willingly)

Last edited:
She had been there since the previous day, so her smell would be within a 100 metre perimeter anyway, wouldn’t it? Depending on which direction it was in and whether they’d walked that way already, I guess.
Sorry, yards.

BBM

The grandfather clarified this as did police. The window was downstairs in a hallway.

That site is an eye opener even the good reviews speak of the owners.

Which by the way have not commented or even spoken. Jmho if my business was on the national news with a handicapped child missing, you can bet I’ll be telling the press we are doing everything we can.

From reading some two star reviews I agree there are plenty of eye openers, if of course they are true.

The grandfather clarified this as did police. The window was downstairs in a hallway.
That doesn't alter the fact of what police reported the sister said she believed Nora did. They all know where the open window was when they spoke to police. It's reported it was the sister who found the open window.

I wonder if the whole “sibling implies she went out the window thing” is where the disconnect began and why they aren’t allowed to speak to the police or media. Maybe they took an 8 year olds suggestion and made it a key element in their case.

I take this with a grain,of salt. The kid was 12, scared to death. If ask, what happened that's the only response that makes sense to an 12 year old.

Its bizarre police would base the investigation on a statement from an 12 yo. that was asleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member