Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodles1211

Reaction score
New Canaan Police are looking for a missing woman Saturday, May 25.

Jennifer Dulos, 50, was reported missing around 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 24. A sliver alert has been issued.

New Canaan Police with the assistance of the Connecticut State Police initiated a search and an investigation both of which are ongoing as of 8:45 am. Saturday..

Anyone with information related to Dulos’s whereabouts should contact Sgt. Joseph Farenga at 203-505-1332.

920x920.jpg

New Canaan Police search for missing woman

Media thread:
CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, Media, Maps, Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15 Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*
Thread #16 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #16
Thread #17 :Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17
Thread #18 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18
Thread #19 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #19
Thread #20 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #20
Thread #21 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #21
Thread #22 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #22
Thread #23 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #23
Thread #24 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24
Thread #25 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #25

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Was reviewing this thread for another reason and stumbled across the rudeness, personalizing, and bullying of another member in this thread. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Everyone has a right to their opinion as long as it is stated respectfully (which it has been). To be chastised for holding a different or minority opinion is just plain wrong. If everyone agreed, there would be no need for "discussion".

If you have a concern about another member's post, use the Report feature rather than resorting to snarky comments and tag-teaming against that member.

Thank you.

Silver Spring is a cut off from RT 35 in Ridgefield to go south into New Canaan before you hit the NY State Line on Rt 35. You take that route if you are travelling on RT 84 from Hartford and taking Rt7 south in Danbury to RT35 in Ridgefield. Siver Spring runs south parallel to the CT/NY line and juts across and back across the state line for only a short section right before it enters New Canaan. This is the route he would take to get to Sturbridge. IMO FD took this route to avoid going into New York and didn't realize that section was in NY State. IMO.
upload_2019-9-19_23-51-54.png

Silver Spring is a cut off from RT 35 in Ridgefield to go south into New Canaan before you hit the NY State Line on Rt 35. You take that route if you are travelling on RT 84 from Hartford and taking Rt7 south in Danbury to RT35 in Ridgefield. Siver Spring runs south parallel to the CT/NY line and juts across and back across the state line for only a short section right before it enters New Canaan. This is the route he would take to get to Sturbridge. IMO FD took this route to avoid going into New York and didn't realize that section was in NY State. IMO.
I'm confused though on what the original route might have been where there was a traffic disturbance? 35 backs up in the afternoon but more so on the NY side IMO than the CT side. What was FD trying to avoid that put him on an old style back road that is partially unpaved in parts. I'm not sure he was on 123 as that would clearly put him in NY territory so maybe he was on 33 and 7 to avoid 123? IDK. Just hope LE tracked him and checked this out.

I also wonder about the cell service in that area as I'm not sure that if he had waze on cell that it would have been operational on all parts of Silver Spring Rd!

It would be an interesting experiment IMO to see if the cell service carried the entire distance down Silver Spring as my recollection is that it drops between Wilton and NC for a good amt of time. If this is the case then not only was Waze not able to operate but its entirely possible the FD GPS bracelet wasn't fully traceable as I believe it operates on Verizon and Sprint networks (we don't know which network it uses in case of FD).

This is all quite curious to me and I hope LE checked this out completely as the water access and wooded area in that area are sizable and there is very little to no traffic or many houses either.

MOO

Well I for one (and I know I am not the only one) are glad you are on here to discuss this case and I have found your posts tremendously interesting and insightful. This is the only case I have ever followed on WS. I have also promised myself I would stop after this case as I sometimes spend hours at night reading everything on here.

I have always found criminal law extremely interesting and although I have nothing remotely close to a law degree I have followed certain high profile cases sometimes to an obsession ever since a was a little girl, starting I think with Ted Bundy.

I'm obsessed with this case, but I don't like to use the word "enjoy" when describing reading about it, because I do not ever lose sight of the very real tragedy surrounding all of this.

Making "the smartest guy you ever worked with" watch Dr. Phil had me lol.

I'm not an avid Dr. Phil fan but the large audience he had for Jennifer today guarantees his team will be glued to the case and that can only be good in the absence of Nancy Grace (also annoying but sometimes worth it)!

ETA: Pattis has been on Dr. Phil before so I imagine Phil has his number!

Last edited:
I'm confused though on what the original route might have been where there was a traffic disturbance? 35 backs up in the afternoon but more so on the NY side IMO than the CT side. What was FD trying to avoid that put him on an old style back road that is partially unpaved in parts. I'm not sure he was on 123 as that would clearly put him in NY territory so maybe he was on 33 and 7 to avoid 123? IDK. Just hope LE tracked him and checked this out.

I also wonder about the cell service in that area as I'm not sure that if he had waze on cell that it would have been operational on all parts of Silver Spring Rd!

It would be an interesting experiment IMO to see if the cell service carried the entire distance down Silver Spring as my recollection is that it drops between Wilton and NC for a good amt of time. If this is the case then not only was Waze not able to operate but its entirely possible the FD GPS bracelet wasn't fully traceable as I believe it operates on Verizon and Sprint networks (we don't know which network it uses in case of FD).

This is all quite curious to me and I hope LE checked this out completely as the water access and wooded area in that area are sizable and there is very little to no traffic or many houses either.

MOO
IMO this was his intended route. If he stayed on Rt 35 to go to Rt 123 to NC he would have known he would have to travel through New York. IMO he planned his travel to get off at Silver Springs to take the "back roads" to Sturbridge. You are correct in that this route takes you through a very wooded, remote, dirt roads with a bunch of reservoirs.

There is a strange NC connection to this route. You mentioned Browns Reservoir. There is still an unsolved murder case in New Canaan from 1969. Mary Mount, age 10, was abducted from Kiwanis Park in New Canaan and her body was found off of East Street at Browns Reservoir just off of Silver Spring. Never been solved. Very sad as well.

Well, I don’t know, of course, but I believe it was on the record that at least one of the kids wanted to see their old room- and it is very unusual for children to think of their parent negatively.

And then there is the practical matter. What if one of the kids testifies or mentions in therapy something like- “I’ve heard dad say he’ll kill her” or some such. Defense would be all over “proving” the kid was coached, and if the child said, “yeah, Grammy F. Thinks dad killed mom,” the kids statement becomes useless.

I can’t even begin to imagine what life is like for those kids, but saying anything negative, or not allowing them to say anything positive, about their father could only make things worse for them, their value as witnesses aside.

They probably were excited to go on their visit to Farmington. If they used the word great, I would say Grammy F should have used the word back. She can stay honest with her self by saying “ I know how great that is to you,” as long as she doesn’t betray with her intonation that the same does not apply to her. If one of the older children asks, depending on the kids maturity, she might answer that she is angry with him because she believes he hurt her, as long as she is clear that she does not expect the child to agree to earn her love.

MOO

All our opinions come from varying life experience which is what makes this an interesting forum so I honor your thoughts on this.

Because there are three recently divorced families in my life where the children not only think negatively about the fathers but refuse court-ordered visitation and phone calls, I disagree that we can automatically make "Dad is good" assumptions about FD with Jennifer's children.

It's no accident that these three men are also narcissists out the wazoo (technical term) and almost
FoDo-Photocopies! They haven't murdered their children's mothers; I'll give them that. Yet.

[I'm not sure wanting to see your room qualifies as "I want to spend time with Dad" but I won't argue that now (in spite of my question about what "on the record" means).]

[I have a wonderful husband who is the perfect father and grandfather so I'm not someone warped about men in general.]o_O

But back to GF and the children, I don't think one could claim any sort of parental alienation when the whole world suspects the father of murdering the mom, when he's been charged twice with tampering, when he's on video distributing Mom's bloody crime scene evidence, etc. Add in the 2 year (at least) mistress and not paying for child support or health insurance and you've erased any good guy image that should be promoted to the children.

IMO the last thing GF should be doing is pretending Dad is a good guy who'll some day be picking the kids up for a play day at the lake. Way to scare them to death!

MOO, of course.

Last edited:
IMO this was his intended route. If he stayed on Rt 35 to go to Rt 123 to NC he would have known he would have to travel through New York. IMO he planned his travel to get off at Silver Springs to take the "back roads" to Sturbridge. You are correct in that this route takes you through a very wooded, remote, dirt roads with a bunch of reservoirs.

There is a strange NC connection to this route. You mentioned Browns Reservoir. There is still an unsolved murder case in New Canaan from 1969. Mary Mount, age 10, was abducted from Kiwanis Park in New Canaan and her body was found off of East Street at Browns Reservoir just off of Silver Spring. Never been solved. Very sad as well.
Yes, tragic case. I don't believe in coincidences at all so to have this area be one where FD happens to 'find' himself to me doesn't make sense as there were other routes available to him IMO where he could have maintained speed. The portion of Silver Spring that he was on IMO is curvy, slightly hilly and has a dirt portion as well. Driving on this road you would feel like you were in another world vs being on 7 or 33 or 35 or 123.

Just hope LE checked this out as it doesn't make sense as a way to 'save time' and I'm not convinced the cell service was there to operate the waze app to begin with to get him there in the first place or track him on his ankle bracelet IMO.

Thanks for your driving route POV but I'm still not seeing this detour as making much sense!

MOO

MOO

From your post:

If CT is anything like CA, there are numerous areas due to elevation changes and areas in which the cell towers are too widely spread or the communication is disrupted by the unusual variations in terrain. (And my experience is a large city, one of the "most-wired" cities in the U.S.) I wonder how long a person wearing a GPS monitor could be "off the grid" before an alarm would sound.

I find it unusual that FD and NP were so proactive about the first infraction and seem nonchalant about the FOUR charging lapses. Is it just NP's Ping-Pong sing-song story time or are there serious gaps in the network coverage, reporting, and responding? As you've mentioned, the equipment used is certainly not clearly defined on public websites.

It's even questionable whether or not the crimes with which FD and MT have been charged rise to a high level of GPS scrutiny. Since the State's Attorney did not know MT had spent 3 weeks in CT rather than NY, the "tight leash" that was promised seems to be descended to a loose leash that wasn't tethered. Who makes the decision about passing on information to whom? MOO

So what is the term for a guy who ABSOLUTELY believes what he is saying is true, despite the fact it’s a lie? They are so believable bc THEY believe the lie.
Pathological liar?
NP and the ankle monitor. Have to admit, he’s spinning a great story. I really think NP BELIEVES what he is vomiting. Christmas morning. Hahahaha. I hope the jury gives them a present they will remember forever.

Yes, agree with you.

IMO Greenburg was out of step with the facts of the case and almost seemed to be doing "opposite day" on a number of points which seemed odd as was his conclusion is that "FD will walk".

Its never completely clear who is playing which role in some of these shows but the Greenburg role today didn't add too much value to those trying to understand what a good defense atty should do IMO. Also, Greenburg predictably didn't go after Pattis strategy to give the high/low points which would have been interesting to hear. My response to the Greenburg participation (other than brilliant comment below about defendants not speaking AT ALL) was a 'meh'....

All this being said I do believe that Greenburg's point about saying nothing being the best strategy was absolutely correct and I honest wish there was some way to email that particular segment to Pattisville as they simply don't understand the damage they have done to their clients defense.

Thank goodness Judge Blawie had the wisdom to understand the situation and so IMO saved FD from the disaster that Pattisville has created on his behalf!
MOO

Why does he say that there were not 30 trash receptacles? Is it 30 bags?

IMO, if he's taking this route (84-7-35 via Silver Spring) to get to Sturbridge, there is something seriously up already. This would absolutely not be a route a normal person would take to travel between Sturbridge and Farmington, even if there was traffic. Even someone like myself who likes back roads. Especially a person like FD who likes to speed, but that aside.

Just to check to make sure I'm not biased or there's some special aspect to this route I've never found, I google mapped it, and going this way adds 24 minutes on versus the Merritt/8 route tracked in AW2. I don't use Waze so perhaps it is possible it pulled up a wacky unsuitable route for him, because other services have done that for me but not in FFC, only in way more remote places like on Forest Service roads and such, but where was he going that would put him there? Waze should get him off of Silver Spring quickly to get on a faster road (although "faster" is all relative on roads like 33 or 7, given traffic and stoplights, etc).

The day after MSM reported that FD traveled into NY, June 26, I posted on here (thread 11) that I thought that Silver Spring Rd and Brown's reservoir would be a perfect place for him to dump the body. I am familiar with this location and had a gut feeling that could have been a prime spot for him to have gone. The Mary Mount case affirms that, too, although it's more built up than it was in 1969 it is still quite remote back there, in fact some of the most remote place that close to Welles, Sturbridge, etc. IMO.

I wonder if this location is going to play into the story somehow or if FD was trying to mislead. I just think it highly suspicious that FD ended up on Silver Spring back by Brown's reservoir. Did he turn around when it was unpaved? Did he go directly home using that 35/33-7-84 route?? I hope LE checked the accident records that day for the area FD said he was avoiding...

MOO.

From your post:

If CT is anything like CA, there are numerous areas due to elevation changes and areas in which the cell towers are too widely spread or the communication is disrupted by the unusual variations in terrain. (And my experience is a large city, one of the "most-wired" cities in the U.S.) I wonder how long a person wearing a GPS monitor could be "off the grid" before an alarm would sound.

I find it unusual that FD and NP were so proactive about the first infraction and seem nonchalant about the FOUR charging lapses. Is it just NP's Ping-Pong sing-song story time or are there serious gaps in the network coverage, reporting, and responding? As you've mentioned, the equipment used is certainly not clearly defined on public websites.

It's even questionable whether or not the crimes with which FD and MT have been charged rise to a high level of GPS scrutiny. Since the State's Attorney did not know MT had spent 3 weeks in CT rather than NY, the "tight leash" that was promised seems to be descended to a loose leash that wasn't tethered. Who makes the decision about passing on information to whom? MOO
Whole situation with the GPS bracelets has me scratching my head!

I will never forget the Colangelo comment after hearing IN COURT that MT had been back in CT for 3 weeks after being in NY for only one day.

Colangelo I believe said, "The State had no knowledge of this situation your Honor"!

Simply cannot make this stuff up!

Comedians search high and low for material like this and we get it served up constantly on this case!

FD has 2 things to do: stay in ct and charge his monitor IMO. So far he has failed to do both of these tasks. Why don't we ever seen consequences for anything in CT? Zip in Family Court and Almost Zip in Civil Court.

Still laughing about No Case Norm's solution to his client that cannot follow a rule if his life depended on it when talking about the bracelet says, "Just take the damn thing off"!

Yeah right.

Not sure we will see a laughing Judge Blawie as yet again No Case Norm and his client are mocking the State of CT and its rules and regulations. Problem is the State of CT makes this so damn easy to do because it doesn't seem like the monitoring protocols are timely or foolproof.

My vote is to send both No Case Norm and his client to the pokey! Pattis for violation of the gag order and FD for not charging the bracelet. I would pay money to see No Case Norm in an orange suit! Surprised it hasn't happened before now! If anyone can get their atty in an orange suit my guess is that it would be FD!

MOO

So what is the term for a guy who ABSOLUTELY believes what he is saying is true, despite the fact it’s a lie? They are so believable bc THEY believe the lie.
Pathological liar?
NP and the ankle monitor. Have to admit, he’s spinning a great story. I really think NP BELIEVES what he is vomiting. Christmas morning. Hahahaha. I hope the jury gives them a present they will remember forever.
Malignant Narcissists believe everything they say because their truth benefits them and nothing else matters.

They get furious with anyone who calls them on a lie.

FD wins this title, IMO.

I haven't read anything that identifies Pattis as MN.

Sometimes I think he just enjoys jerking people around and gets high on the attention.

Spouting quotable garbage guarantees press coverage which translates into money down the road.

MOO

IMO, if he's taking this route (84-7-35 via Silver Spring) to get to Sturbridge, there is something seriously up already. This would absolutely not be a route a normal person would take to travel between Sturbridge and Farmington, even if there was traffic. Even someone like myself who likes back roads. Especially a person like FD who likes to speed, but that aside.

Just to check to make sure I'm not biased or there's some special aspect to this route I've never found, I google mapped it, and going this way adds 24 minutes on versus the Merritt/8 route tracked in AW2. I don't use Waze so perhaps it is possible it pulled up a wacky unsuitable route for him, because other services have done that for me but not in FFC, only in way more remote places like on Forest Service roads and such, but where was he going that would put him there? Waze should get him off of Silver Spring quickly to get on a faster road (although "faster" is all relative on roads like 33 or 7, given traffic and stoplights, etc).

The day after MSM reported that FD traveled into NY, June 26, I posted on here (thread 11) that I thought that Silver Spring Rd and Brown's reservoir would be a perfect place for him to dump the body. I am familiar with this location and had a gut feeling that could have been a prime spot for him to have gone. The Mary Mount case affirms that, too, although it's more built up than it was in 1969 it is still quite remote back there, in fact some of the most remote place that close to Welles, Sturbridge, etc. IMO.

I wonder if this location is going to play into the story somehow or if FD was trying to mislead. I just think it highly suspicious that FD ended up on Silver Spring back by Brown's reservoir. Did he turn around when it was unpaved? Did he go directly home using that 35/33-7-84 route?? I hope LE checked the accident records that day for the area FD said he was avoiding...

MOO.
Absolutely agree that there was little reason for FD to ever end up in that stretch of backwoods area.

I can just imagine FD pulling out what little hair he has on his head as he leaves traffic and pavement and hits a dirt road!

Can you imagine the temper tantrum?

I wonder if the JD body is around that area and that is why FD returned to that location?

MOO

Hell, she did this on the record in her divorce case.

That’s probable even more effective than having a friend testify, as this came directly from her in that court filing.

I have no doubt that she also expressed these concerns to friends and family.

I know that filing for divorce, and filing this motion will enrage him,” she said. “I know he will retaliate by trying to harm me in some way. He has the attitude that he must always win at all costs. He is dangerous and ruthless when he believes that he has been wronged. During the course of our marriage, he told me about sickening revenge fantasies and plans to cause physical harm to others who have wronged him.”

"sickening revenge fantasies and plans to cause physical harm"... any other bodies some where? Did he actually do anything before this or was he just terrorizing JD? Was FD actually nice to his children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member