ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Media Thread/No Discussion

Moscow ID Police Departement Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Street Homicide

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

As Kaylee's parents said she was "a websleuth", we don't know if they meant she was an actual WSer or if it was used in a more generic sense.

If any member or guest reading here knows that Kaylee was in fact a Websleuths member, and her user ID, please send me a private message to advise. Tricia has asked me to find out as she would like to send flowers or make a donation to something in Kaylee's name.

Thank you.

Please read The Rules (linked in my signature), and continue discussion here.

Also, for anyone other than victims or an officially named POI/suspect, use initials or your post will be removed.

No sleuthing or insinuations/accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI/suspect by LE.

ADMIN NOTE:

Re the accusations, insinuations, sleuthing of non POIs

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Rules are rules. The above is not difficult to understand and we are NOT going to post this again and there will be no additional on thread reminders. If members can't respect this forum and Tricia's rules, from this point forward any member violating the above most basic principle of Websleuths will be placed on a 3 day Time Out. Any further violations will result in a 1 week Time Out and a permanent Thread Reply Ban.

Saw someone comment on previous thread about how terrifying it is that the killer may have showered there and cleaned themselves up.

My question is what do you think is more risky/likely for them to have done?

Stayed and showered risking running into someone or someone potentially having heard and called 911.

Or

Left covered in blood or at least with their bloody clothes in tow and risk being discovered with evidence on them, or leaving a trail of blood/scent?

I am at a loss.

Long time lurker of the forum, first time poster.

I agree with the posters who thought it was an odd statement from the press conference. It was along the lines of "what is not in a photo can be is as important as what it shows". (paraphrasing here, not a direct quote).

I wonder if a crime scene photo shows something is missing from the apartment? Maybe an item that belonged to one of the victims was taken as a sort of trophy?

JMO

Saw someone comment on previous thread about how terrifying it is that the killer may have showered there and cleaned themselves up.

My question is what do you think is more risky/likely for them to have done?

Stayed and showered risking running into someone or someone potentially having heard and called 911.

Or

Left covered in blood or at least with their bloody clothes in tow and risk being discovered with evidence on them, or leaving a trail of blood/scent?

I am at a loss.

I think it was planned. Escape route, time of attack, change of clothes, disposal of clothes, weapon, etc etc.

When it comes to the calls to J- as a former college kid, years ago, this honestly seems normal. Esp. with an ex. You call a bunch of times, drunk, don't get an answer and have your friend call. May seem weird but definitely not. I think there is some motive with a random stalker who met one of the woman at the restaurant they worked at. I've had experiences similar to a stalking like this in college. Combine that with the social media presence- Most of them didn't have "private" profiles on IG or TikTok, so anyone can view or comment. Also, if X did try and defend herself, you would think this person has some cuts..and they would see that in interviews which is why people have been ruled out. I feel so bad for everyone in this.

So a thought about the importance of video and the "what you don't see being as important as what you do see."

LE can use exterior surveillance cameras to track a subject's route through an area. It takes time, but imagine 10 houses in a row, each with a doorbell camera pointing to the street. A subject running down the street appears on the first 6 cameras, but not on the last 4. This shows that the running subject did not continue on that route. They may have gone into one of the buldings, gotten into a vehicle, or changed direction. If they changed direction you would want to check the cameras (if any) on all of the possible routes from the point of the last camera that caught an image of the running subject.

Obviously, a resident would only know what was on their camera, so having video from as many cameras as you can is important, even if there is nothing on your own video.

Hypothetically speaking, if someone confesses (or has already) would LE keep that under wraps until they can confirm with forensics, locate the weapon, etc? There are details only the unk will know so I understand LE not sharing everything.
I feel like a confession is always announced immediately and then confirmation comes after. "Making a Murderer" comes to mind. May he fold under the pressure and guilt.

Was that last photo of them posted on social media? Wonder if that was a trigger somehow.

Killer may have had a plan for months before but acted on it that night maybe from a trigger. Douglas Garland planned for months then acted the day when realizing victims were leaving town. He had everything ready to go, just waited for the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici