CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post is a question ... if PF was captured on video between 12:54 and 1:17 at Walmart with Baby K in carrier and then captured at KBs at ... 1:24 ... where was Baby K. Then PF on video again at KBs door at 3:36 ... still no mention of Baby K. Have I missed something?

Welcome!

It may not be germane to what they were trying to prove that day in court?

As the saying goes, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

A story that apparently had enough merit for her to be offered a deal. I always assume LE and the DA have more information than I.

I also assume this. I think they are smart enough to verify a “story” with facts jmo. And I think they have lots of evidence that supports the supposed “story” that kk told them. I doubt it’s the first time they have ever verified what a witness has told them. I don’t see it as trusting kk but rather trusting LE, which I normally do and which I like about websleuths being a victim and LE friendly website. Moo

Question for our WS attorneys....so IF PF had actually met with an attorney re custody back in August would that info be beneficial for SF to use in her pending motion re custody?

I don’t think he ever met with an attorney re custody and when those docs are shown at trial they will be something he prepared Pro Se. Again AFTER KB was killed, backdated them to back up his story.

I don't think so because the case is no longer about custody between KB and PF. He clearly had frequent contact with and care of his child. That he possibly sought to formalize that isn't the issue now. It's about what's best for the baby now that mom is dead, dad's in jail awaiting trial and grandmother has taken the fifth regarding issues involving the day of the murder and is accused of standing on her porch as KB's body burned nearby.

I don't think she has a chance in hell.

If you have a gun with 8 rounds in a magazine, none in the chamber, then later find it with one in the chamber and only 6 in the magazine, the logical conclusion is that it has been fired. But why? and by whom? This sounds like Agatha Christie stuff!
I know Right, my opinion is that the friend was likely mistaken and was trying to distance herself from the crime. I believe she wanted LE to know hey if KB is found shot with my gun I had nothing to do with it. MOO

Dang it. I have to leave for an appointment but just want briefly reply.

BS, Dan May.

It was Kelsey's family (her bro, I believe) who spotted blood in the bathroom, leading to a more thorough examination by LE. It is THAT that identified Kelsey likely being killed at home, not KK's story. He's making excuses because their crappy deal has let off a dangerous and violent psycho who was a party to this crime.

I disagree. Blood in the house of a woman who has disappeared and left her child for 10 days with an ex who never contacted the police to report her missing, and whose phone seemed to ping along with the missing woman's phone after she was last seen, is nowhere near enough to sustain probable cause for murder.

Blood in a bathroom of a female could be for a variety of reasons. And blood was found in various areas of the house. KK apparently stated where PF told her he beat KB's brains in.

It's not a crappy deal IMO.

I'm sorry if this was brought up already - I am 2 1/2 threads behind. Wasn't it questioned at one point if LE could do testing on possible evidence, though it would destroy the evidence by doing so? Is that evidence from the burn site? I can't think of the official term for it, and I can't bring myself to say what the fire was for.
Good question, bbm.

Now that we have more information, what could that evidence be that would be destroyed by testing.

Remains at the burn site make sense. Anything else?

jmo

Am I the only one thinking that KK was running on no sleep for a few days? I would think you would have to be pretty clear-headed to facilitate all the trickery going on.

Twin Falls, Idaho to Woodland Park, Colorado - about 11-1/2 hours

Krystal's drive to Colorado took 13 hours -- that means about 1-1/2 hours in stops for gas, potty, food & phone calls:

11/23 6:30 pm left Twin Falls, Idaho after swapping vehicles with friend MG

11/24 7:30 am arrived in Woodland Park, Colorado

11/24 cleaned KB's apartment

11/24 went to Sonic

11/24 met Frazee at Florissant Conoco Gas Station to go to Nash Ranch

11/24 5:01pm-6:14pm went with PF to get KB's body from Nash ranch, took it to his home in Florissant and burned it

11/24 late evening -- PF gave KB's gun and cell phone to KK

Seems that KK must have stayed the night and eaten in Colorado the night of 11/24 and left very early in the morning -- 5am-ish?? (think I read that somewhere)

11/25 4pm Jerome, Idaho Walmart car swap

Dates and times are from the Application for Affidavit and Arrest Warrant dated 12/21/18

I'm sorry if this was brought up already - I am 2 1/2 threads behind. Wasn't it questioned at one point if LE could do testing on possible evidence, though it would destroy the evidence by doing so? Is that evidence from the burn site? I can't think of the official term for it, and I can't bring myself to say what the fire was for.

We will have to wait a little bit to learn. Judge scheduled March 4 hearing on motion by prosecutors for consumptive testing.

I have no doubt that PF killed KB with the aid of KKL, but I must admit I found Scott Reisch theory on YouTube interesting. That’s because I’m wondering what defense PF will use, in light of all the incriminating evidence against him. I keep remembering how stunned I was when CA was found not guilty. (and OJ) It's scary because it only takes one juror to have doubt about PF’s guilt. Strictly MOO.

True. I get scared too. But Reisch has an agenda. It's related to always presenting a defense so he can get business as a criminal defense attorney. His proposed defense of CW (they would not be able to use his statements to the media and LE) was followed by CW's guilty plea.

Question for our WS attorneys....so IF PF had actually met with an attorney re custody back in August would that info be beneficial for SF to use in her pending motion re custody?

I don’t think he ever met with an attorney re custody and when those docs are shown at trial they will be something he prepared Pro Se. Again AFTER KB was killed, backdated them to back up his story.
I don't think it would be relevant to custody now. Best interests of the child is the standard. But I am very interested in these documents. Were they lawyer prepared or pro so, or something off the internet? Were they prepared by PF or KB? If prepared by KB as if she was preparing to file a custody action, then I believe custody really could have been the motive for him killing her. But I am withholding until we know more about them.

Nope. Just think of casey Anthony's case. The defense simply suggested that her dad was the killer and never presented an ounce of evidence to show that. Casey never took the stand.

But for those dingbat jurors it was enough. (Especially since they really just wanted to go home).
OMG I typed that at the end of my last comment but deleted it - but they absolutely wanted to go home IMO.

I also assume this. I think they are smart enough to verify a “story” with facts jmo. And I think they have lots of evidence that supports the supposed “story” that kk told them. I doubt it’s the first time they have ever verified what a witness has told them. I don’t see it as trusting kk but rather trusting LE, which I normally do and which I like about websleuths being a victim and LE friendly website. Moo

Same here. I don't think LE is putting blind faith in KK's story. IMO there are things there to back it up and do more than just place her in the house post murder. I'm interested to see all the evidence when (if) it comes out.

I was thinking that it may have been shot into the tote. First because PF wanted KK to dispose of the body and the plan was to make it look like she killed herself , say if she was found in a gorge or something? Like the keys per say... She said she wouldn't so he comes up with the plan to burn the tote. After the fact that he used the gun of MGs...wonder if the guns are the same kind of calliber. JMO not facts here me painting pictures...

Last edited:
PF left a mountain of circumstantial evidence in this case. He’s the dumbest criminal ever. Moo
Yep, and that is odd. He was planning this for a long time, yet he seems to have carried it out in a very unplanned rushed way. It seems to me that something must have happened that led him to think it had to be done right then, right there. There seems to be a missing puzzle piece here. I'm 100% positive that he did it, but the reasons are not so clear.

Re surveillance and someone, who picked up a package:
Adams says there was no video/photos to show Kenney entered Berreth’s townhome. He says a utilities worker & a friend of Frazee’s showed up on surveillance. Adams said the friend was there to pick up a package. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth#PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
State now questioning again. The neighbor’s surveillance is through Arlo. Neighbor has the free plan, which has 7 days of storage. Arlo uses a motion sensor to alert the owner. Owner gets an email & quick snapshot of it. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth#PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
Adams says the neighbor surveillance quality was somewhat grainy. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
I really shouldn't second guess myself so much... Thank you for finding that!

I just had a horrible thought.
What if KB wasn't dead after the beating, and haystack, what if she stirred, took a breath showed some slight sign of life. Then the gun was used to finish her off?
That could account for missing bullet.
MOO
The missing bullet was from MG's gun. MG's gun was in Idaho at the time KB was murdered.
MOO
It was in the car that went to Colorado with KK.
I apologize AgeofAquarius. You were speculating about the gun being used on 11/24 and it went right over my head. I was thinking 11/22. :oops:
MOO

If I am the defense attorney, i would work very very hard on what actual evidence there is to support this. MG and KK's dad's testimony alone? or is there more? Cell records aren't going to cut it.
Yes, but they have definite proof pf was at kb's on 11/22..and for quite a length of time. (He just didn't pick Baby K up and leave). And he ALSO told a pack of lies to cb. Now if pf wasn't caught on surveillance, and he wasn't caught lying about his whereabouts after his wal mart trip, and if the pings of his and kb's phones weren't traveling together, and if he hadn't filled out custody papers, that might cause reasonable doubt for him; but that's not the picture we're getting. The jurors are most likely going to figure it out.
Even if kk had been there on 11/22, and she high-tailed it out of there the SAME day with kb's phone pinging with hers, it still wouldn't mean pf is innocent. It could make her guilty (along with pf), though.
The speedy plea deal might be to get baby K into good hands. You actually can't tell what pf is capable of doing to hurt the B family. If you're going down you might take others with you. And I think LE has plenty of evidence so they decided to make a quick 'chess' move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat