Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was generated by the police from the video still photo from Libby's phone.

That's why it looks so close to B.G. - because it's a police sketch interpretation of how the man could possibly look from the police sketch artist studying the photo from Libby's phone. It was not from a witness.

Wait a minute. You’re saying this as though it’s a fact. But it’s just your opinion, right?

I wonder who the witness was.

LE can lie to the public about the source of their information. The first witness was the video.

It's my opinion. Why? Because no one saw someone who really looked like the video BG - that guy didn't exist. BG was always guy #2. No one could see someone who looks 25 and think he is 50 and guy #1 looks 50 in the sketch.

I am sticking with sketch done by artist from video is the first sketch.

Last edited:
If those banners aren't usually there it makes me think the likelihood that the suspect is a religious figure, and that the banner may be from his own church, is much higher.

ETA - and people in the community would recognize that banner if they go to the same church. It would be an obvious tip off.

I agree. Then try to make whoever did this feel as uncomfortable as possible and make him sweat with all these religious references. Let him know we’re on to him to compel him to flinch or make a misstep. Although I think it’s less about him having a conscience/fear of God and more about him having a fear of getting caught, in knowing they’re hot on his trail.

Hi All,

First time poster (long time lurker) from Australia.

IMO, BG will be a male in his 20’s who is actively involved in hunting. This crime is an extension of his hunting engagement and his attempt to obtain a greater “high” by progressing to hunting humans.

He is wearing a disguise in the footage from Libby’s phone, in the way a hunter wears camouflage.

I don’t believe he knew the girls would be there that day, he had most likely been watching people for some time at that location for a victim/s to hunt.

All MOO.

When you take a test people often say you should go with your first guess if you don't know the answer. That being said, does anyone here know WHY the police searched the house on Bicycle Bridge Rd so early in the investigation?

If they know who it is and do not have enough to prosecute successfully, then it makes absolute sense they would reach out to the public. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Also, LE isn't discounting the first sketch. Carter didn't tell the public to disregard it. I believe it's also the reason the age span is so wide. I believe the sketches are of the same person at different ages. If LE were wrong about the first sketch, they most definitely would say so when making the second sketch public.

By all accounts, both drawings were done in 2017, and are based on the the account of 2 different eyewitnesses.

The relevant drawing made public on Monday is not an age progression of the suspect, and it's also not an update of the artist's 2/17/17 drawing. It's his same (now 26 month old) never before seen drawing.

Are you proposing the eyewitness told the artist "this is what I think the man I saw today will look like 5 years from now" (or what I think he looked like 5 years earlier)? That makes no sense to me. I disagree that the two artist sketches are drawing of the suspect at different ages.

Clearly, the latest message by LE to essentially disregard the drawing published 2 years ago, was not the message Police Supt Carter gave at the presser when he told the public to consider the first sketch a secondary resource, use the newly unveiled sketch as the primary image of the suspect they are seeking.

Mistake or not, I certainly don't fault LE for telling the public to disregard the first sketch -- especially if their investigation changed direction.

Hopeful the new direction will lead to an arrest, and justice for these two girls Libby and Abbey and their families.

MOO

Thanks for the compliment.

-FD
Wow, that's really helpful! So from the abandoned building to the bridge is about 20 minutes on foot?
A witness saw a vehicle parked there on the 13th around 11:30 am. I wonder if it's the same vehicle LE is interested in. Jmo

Oops I thought I was replying to the post you quoted. (I think it's time for bed.)

Last edited:
Hi All,

First time poster (long time lurker) from Australia.

IMO, BG will be a male in his 20’s who is actively involved in hunting. This crime is an extension of his hunting engagement and his attempt to obtain a greater “high” by progressing to hunting humans.

He is wearing a disguise in the footage from Libby’s phone, in the way a hunter wears camouflage.

I don’t believe he knew the girls would be there that day, he had most likely been watching people for some time at that location for a victim/s to hunt.

All MOO.
Hey Tazzie! Fellow Aussie here...

I agree with your feelings. I suspect he'd cased the area for an opportunity and pounced when he saw the girls.

A witness was also reportedly involved in creating the first sketch.

July 17, 2017
DELPHI, Ind. (AP) — A sketch authorities released Monday of a man considered the main suspect in the February killings of two northern Indiana girls was drawn in part from descriptions provided by someone who saw the suspect around the time the girls were slain, a sheriff said.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis, but only recently met with an FBI sketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by State Police...

.....Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed...”
Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths

oh boy I just saw this
thanks for that clarification
I've never been more confused lol

I have so much respect for Superintendent Carter he has seen the crime scene with his own eyes and is haunted and deeply upset by what has happened to the girls. He has desperately tried for over two years every single day to find their killer and he probably thinks about the case day and night. He would not be human if this case had not affected him emotionally. Remember he has to speak to the girls families and explain why they haven’t caught the killer yet and probably feels like they have let them down. I don’t blame him for being angry and upset at BG for the hurt and devastation he has caused everyone involved. It is not right and outrageous to imply there is something sinister about him I am sure he is a kind, hardworking decent family man.

So well said my friend! My heart aches for the family and LE in this case.

Is there geo cache there? Who owns the cache? If I remeber correctly if you save the cache info it tells the owner. I know it tells the owner who has found it, but I am thinking it says someone saved it to go find it
Geo caching is not allowed to be discussed here. Continuing to do so will get the thread shut down, time outs for posters discussing, etc. Clearly people aren't reading or even skimming posts - or - they are just ignoring the numerous warnings posted several times already tonight. Breaking the rules hurts all of us.

Finally catching up, I wanted to try to answer a couple of questions that I saw some WS’ers asked but did not get a response:

- Are PC’s practiced and coordinated? Practiced perhaps (and hopefully) but coordinated absolutely. There is a pretty strict protocol for PC’s and nobody who is not meant to speak says anything. If a reporter approaches random LEO then the officer politely tells the reporter to use the PC kit or speak with the PR representative of the department. No one else is to make any comments to the press. PR officers are also given additional training. In short, nothing is left to chance at a press conference.

- Is there some test that takes 2 weeks to get results back? If I had to guess one test, that’s the normal time fingerprints for background checks tend to take although depending on location and technology that time is also being significantly reduced. DNA usually takes months unless you’re working some high profile case (while we are all really into this case, who knows what else is happening in Indiana). Tox reports also take a month or two usually.

I am forgetting now who asked the questions (one was all the way back on #91) but hopefully that helps.

Geo caching is not allowed to be discussed here. Continuing to do so will get the thread shut down, time outs for posters discussing, etc. Clearly people aren't reading or even skimming posts - or - they are just ignoring the numerous warnings posted several times already tonight. Breaking the rules hurts all of us.
I don’t understand. Geo caching is a sport, it is like discussing soccer

Just posting up this link...LE say they are looking for the driver of the car (the new sketch), not for witnesses to the car being parked.

“Indiana State Police say they are looking for the driver of a vehicle parked at the old CPS/DCS/Welfare building that was abandoned on the east side of CR 300 N next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between noon and 5 p.m. Feb. 13, 2017. That's the day 14-year-old Libby and 13-year-old Abby went missing. Their bodies were found the next day just out of sight of the bridge. Police did not give a description of the vehicle.”
Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

“Police did not give a description of the vehicle.”

That’s helpful.

On Monday I was 100% sure we would see an arrest within the two weeks LE talked about.
On Tuesday I was 87% sure we would see that arrest in that time frame.
Tonight, I think there is a 3% chance we see anything that even looks like progress.
I still believe all this is taking place because police dismissed someone as a suspect early on that they realize now is the killer and they dismissed him only because he was known in the community. Now they have to go back and build a case from scratch that is two years old.
I’ve certainly been wrong before and I sure hope I’m wrong this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993