Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #75 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64
Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70
Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

Barry Morphew has been charged with Suzanne's murder and he and his businesses are open to sleuthing.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

Right. So he had to leave it behind (which is another strand of evidence that he took the truck and not the RR).

That bit of information about the Bobcat not being involved (perhaps at any time at all, from its own GPS) leads me to think he unhooked it between about 2:45 and 4:45.

So we have three main options:

1. Barry had prepared a place for Suzanne using manual tools, sometime in advance;
2. Barry used someone else's equipment prior to May 9 to prepare a place; or
3. He had no prepared place at all, but had thought about where to push/dump her body in a manner that was consistent with "mountain lion took her up hill," or "abductor got her, killed her, threw her someplace" or "Suzanne had a head injury from her crash and fell off some place."

I am sure there could be one more. But I'm favoring #3, for several reasons. People like Barry play games in their own minds. Barry was constantly scanning his surroundings for...prey (saw an elk Sunday morning, that distracted him?) No, he was discombobulated. Vague in his thinking. Sleep deprived. He had executed all the main parts of his plan.

I also think Barry probably thought good places to toss illegally gotten elk carcasses, or enemies. You know, just as a daily thing. He paid attention to good places on back roads to dump things. In this scenario, he doesn't bury Suzanne at all, but perhaps puts her someplace he knows is frequented by various wildlife, is down a very steep slope, completely covered with brush/trees, and looks like about 1000 other places within an hour of his house.

If he tranquilized then suffocated her (not strangled her), removed her from whatever he carried her in (just in case she died in his truck), if her body had been found in those first weeks (keeping in mind that the first few days of the search were all centered very near the house), each passing day left less forensic evidence. And wild animals did discover her body. Maybe he had a place where he'd been baiting deer so as to attract mountain lions, and where there are mountain lion kills, there will be a host of less lethal scavengers to scatter the remains.

Either that or there's a heavy rectangular object in a body of water within 1 hour of Puma Path...
pulling post from last thread when it was closing time.

Most truly I have enjoyed your no nonsense yet chilling theories.

I suppose it is Barry's BobCat that is not on the trailer at the Morphew Home when the helicopter flew overhead on the morning of May 22, 2020. Seen clearly at 2:00 min mark

Last edited:
We have the PH days 3 and 4 tomorrow and Tuesday. What happens next? When does the judge make his rulings (trial and bond, right?) and when will we know those decisions? Will he make those determinations by the end of court on Tuesday or will he need time to review everything that has been presented and announce that at a later time? Is he likely to announce on Tuesday if and when the AA will be released? Sorry for the questions, I haven’t followed a case this closely before.

Monty Ma,

Hoping this goes to trial, then you will be glued to the case, possibly following others later.
We have many here, that 'follow cases' waiting for the GUILTY verdict, many times.

Screenshot_20210822-173619_(1).png
Only hours away in Mountain Time.

Will the judge keep the defense on a tight time watch?

What bombshells do you anticipate?

Might the cowardly chipmunk hater plea?

Your wise opinions & sharp analyses make a difference!

#JusticeForSuzanne

Judge has said he is keeping track of time and prosecution has the edge on time since they were 'behind" on time last week.

Barry is not going to plea to Murder 1 and probably not to anything right now IMO

I'm not expecting a bombshell BUT if there is forensic evidence that proves Suzanne is deceased...that would be a bombshell for us outsiders.

Marking my spot. Also, thinking of another case when the family could not live within their means, that of CW. I can not imagine how people could choose homicide instead of a divorce, this is highly abnormal, but everything points at the obvious need - to teach kids budgeting at school. Looking at available funds when planning education, etc. The issue is, even after SM disappearance, BM's style did not change, he spent money on vacations, on himself. Now, at the top lawyers.

Posting this again, as it was the last message on the last thread. I’d be interested to hear people’s thoughts.

What was the date of the last evidence of nasty messages from BM?

After SM’s ‘I’m done’ and any initial over-the-top responses from BM, it’s possible that he refrained from the usual love-bombing (she was immune to that by now), but that he presented as reasonable. Civil. Ok, I’m sad, I love you, I hope you change your mind, but I know you want to move on, so let’s do it civilly.

It could explain why she shared her cooking with him/offered to continue helping with his accounting/toured his build

site/ went house-hunting with him/went out for a pizza/agreed to a hike. This might also explain why she told JL it had been a blissful few days.

She was so happy at the thought they could part civilly, that her guard was down.

Posting this again, as it was the last message on the last thread. I’d be interested to hear people’s thoughts.

What was the date of the last evidence of nasty messages from BM?

After SM’s ‘I’m done’ and any initial over-the-top responses from BM, it’s possible that he refrained from the usual love-bombing (she was immune to that by now), but that he presented as reasonable. Civil. Ok, I’m sad, I love you, I hope you change your mind, but I know you want to move on, so let’s do it civilly.

It could explain why she shared her cooking with him/offered to continue helping with his accounting/toured his build

site/ went house-hunting with him/went out for a pizza/agreed to a hike. This might also explain why she told JL it had been a blissful few days.

She was so happy at the thought they could part civilly, that her guard was down.
This makes so much sense. I was lost on the blissful few days. And the words between them had been so hostile earlier in the week. Toward the end of the week she seemed totally conciliatory toward Barry.

This makes so much sense. I was lost on the blissful few days. And the words between them had been so hostile earlier in the week. Toward the end of the week she seemed totally conciliatory toward Barry.
Looks like Barry played her in order to ease her mind....get her defenses down.....pretended that he was accepting of her wishes.....when nothing was further from the truth.

View attachment 309816

#JusticeForSuzanne

Clever BoB clock there. :cool:

As for tomorrow - I can't tune in live, so I'm very much looking forward to all the moment by moment updates.
You guys did an amazing job on the first 2 days.

Judge: one can only hope.

Bombshells: hopefully none.

Plea: not a chance

I vaguely remember the elk roadkill, taking the rack story. I was not aware that was regarding the morning of 5/1o.
Would someone mind telling me what happened or where to look for more info?
Thank you.

View attachment 309816

#JusticeForSuzanne

If he plead to second degree murder, isn’t that 8-24 years? But with DV, that may be a sentence enhancer, so up to 48 years? I think the DA would push for maximum sentence. At his age, that doesn’t buy him much. I guess he could try a plea to crime of passion. I think he will roll the dice and go to trial, if his funds don’t run out by then.

If he plead to second degree murder, isn’t that 8-24 years? But with DV, that may be a sentence enhancer, so up to 48 years? I think the DA would push for maximum sentence. At his age, that doesn’t buy him much. I guess he could try a plea to crime of passion. I think he will roll the dice and go to trial, if his funds don’t run out by then.
I’m fairly sure Suzanne’s family would go for second degree murder, provided Barry give up the body.

Ain’t gonna happen though.

I think there is going to be some ugly stuff brought out tomorrow - I just don’t think an affair is worth sealing the AA to protect the girls - IMO

IIRC there was a question by the defense as to whether of not forensic testing on some biological materiel would destroy it or if there would be enough left for them to run their own tests. It's already been stated no blood was found so what could have been found that would be eligible for testing? How sad would it be if it was a tooth. That would be devastating to the girls I would think, as it would add a violent component to the events of the day.

IIRC there was a question by the defense as to whether of not forensic testing on some biological materiel would destroy it or if there would be enough left for them to run their own tests. It's already been stated no blood was found so what could have been found that would be eligible for testing? How sad would it be if it was a tooth. That would be devastating to the girls I would think, as it would add a violent component to the events of the day.
A tooth is all it would take. Ask Frazee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53