CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Pharma giant and philanthropists Barry and Honey Sherman found dead
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Verified Insider
Kerry Winter - Verified family member

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread#15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Unless a member is a Verified Insider, they must provide MSM links to substantiate information stated as fact, otherwise make it very clear that it is your opinion (MOO, JMO, etc) or your post may be removed.

IF your information is coming from Kevin Donovan's book, please make that very clear, as in "KD states ...".

Also please do NOT post inside information that could be LE holdback related to the actual crime scene.

When KD goes back to court in the fall - and I hope it's September and not November because it will give us something to talk about sooner - it will be interesting since he's gone through this enough times and should be better at asking questions. It will also be a new judge, so will they play it safe since there will be more focus on them, or will they release more info than the now-retired judge?

Answering Lexi's question, I don't want to have tunnel vision but still think it's JS and AP who were involved with this. If the repayment of 50 to 60 million hadn't been requested I might think otherwise. If JK hadn't been fired, if AK hadn't accused JS of having something to do with it as well. JS also wants to get rid of AG. It seems he wants control over everything.

I would definitely entertain other theories but "follow the money" always comes to mind. Only 4 people benefitted and I don't feel like 3 are behaving suspiciously.

Thank you for posting that, I enjoy reading AB’s articles. I was thinking about the police work on the LISK case and how detailed their work was when they tracked the burner phones the suspect used. AB mentioned the same thing. I also thought of the Sherman case and how they may have tracked cell phones and linked them to possible burner phones.

In the LISK case they were able to track where the phones were purchased and when and where they were activated. They then traced them through the cell tower ping locations and a false email account linked to the phones. They examined the suspect’s own cell phone use using data and billing information and could see parallels between the burner phones and cell phone locations.
6873892B-F624-4B1E-8A79-C6BB8E4C9531.png6DB924D9-E128-4054-B8D5-54A76D50588F.png6EAF08AD-5391-454B-9B9B-95A30BFCEA68.png

I’ll leave the link to the bail documents that outline the detailed police work that includes maps and diagrams, but I’ll add a warning that it contains some sensitive information that may be upsetting to some people. (Screenshots above are from this link). Rex Heuermann, Gilgo Beach murder suspect, bail documentation | PDF | Dna Profiling | Forensic Science

(Just an aside: in 2016 Dotr correctly guessed the suspect’s occupation and other details in this post—A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2 )

Thank you, from link..rbbm

''I do not believe that Jonathon Sherman killed his parents. Nor do I believe the police think he did.

Yes, Jon is an odd guy who says odd things on odd occasions including the eulogy he gave at his parents’ funeral and and the interview he gave to the Toronto Star. Yes, he wrote some nasty emails questioning whether his father could be removed from Apotex due to mental incompetece. Yes, his sister Alexandra has told people she thinks Jon’s the killer. And yes, he’s inherited a lot of money as a result of the murders.

That all sounds pretty damning until you break it down.''

''I’m betting that if there are eventually arrests in this case, it’s not going to be someone whose name has been bandied about as a possible suspect, but rather someone who has been mentioned in passing or not at all.''

''I do not believe that Jonathon Sherman killed his parents. Nor do I believe the police think he did.

Yes, Jon is an odd guy who says odd things on odd occasions including the eulogy he gave at his parents’ funeral and and the interview he gave to the Toronto Star. Yes, he wrote some nasty emails questioning whether his father could be removed from Apotex due to mental incompetece. Yes, his sister Alexandra has told people she thinks Jon’s the killer. And yes, he’s inherited a lot of money as a result of the murders.

''I’m betting that if there are eventually arrests in this case, it’s not going to be someone whose name has been bandied about as a possible suspect, but rather someone who has been mentioned in passing or not at all.''
I will take that bet.

dotr, I really respect your knowledge and expertise on this forum. If your belief the perpetrator is " someone who has been mentioned in passing or not at all '', I would be amazed.

Firstly one would have to disregard that money was the primary motive, and the motive was instead something like a revenge, or thrill killing (a serial killer who preys on the wealthy?).

I am sure the TPS has checked out the people who wanted revenge on the Shermans. I also do not think there is a serial killer targeting the wealthy in the Toronto area.

Secondly almost all the TPS's enquiries have had to do with the will and estate.

I am going to stick with Occam's razor

dotr, I really respect your knowledge and expertise on this forum. If your belief the perpetrator is " someone who has been mentioned in passing or not at all '', I would be amazed.

Firstly one would have to disregard that money was the primary motive, and the motive was instead something like a revenge, or thrill killing (a serial killer who preys on the wealthy?).

I am sure the TPS has checked out the people who wanted revenge on the Shermans. I also do not think there is a serial killer targeting the wealthy in the Toronto area.

Secondly almost all the TPS's enquiries have had to do with the will and estate.

I am going to stick with Occam's razor
Ty,
It is not unusual for me to bold areas of interest (to assist in recall) in many threads, but they do not necessarily reflect my opinion despite always adding an 'imo'' to my posts, lol.

But i will say this, if somebody decided to mess up the entire family, business and community, committing those funky cruel murders would be just the ticket to punch, imo, speculation.

Ty,
It is not unusual for me to bold areas of interest (to assist in recall) in many threads, but they do not necessarily reflect my opinion despite always adding an 'imo'' to my posts, lol.

But i will say this, if somebody decided to mess up the entire family, business and community, committing those funky cruel murders would be just the ticket to punch, imo, speculation.
dotr, I bolded your quote, for the readers' ease of understanding. Sorry for the confusion.

One reason some people discount JS as the perpetrator is because he increased the already huge reward. My feeling is that if $10 million did not bring forward any new witness/evidence, then another $25 million would not either.

I agree if somebody wanted to mess up the Sherman world, the crimes did it. The only problem I see is, a murderous prank like this has very serious consequences for the perpetrator, life in prison.

I wonder how the Night Walker is doing. In my opinion, the $10 million plus, would be a good reason for him to do a deal with the TPS, receive immunity or a short sentence for testifying against the mastermind. If NW were unable to testify it becomes a moot point, that is why I am curious about his well-being.

The NW may have gotten/be getting sufficient financial benefit that s/he does not care about $10M.

Also, if the tip comes from a perpetrator, the family may well have a loophole such that they do not have to pay out the reward. Unless the money has been put on deposit under trust, with third parties who determine whether or not it is paid out, there may also be a lot of reliance on the family to pay it out. What happens if they do not? Litigation? It seems pretty risky to put your own neck on the line for that.

Plus, if this much money is at stake, there may be plenty of resources to wipe out a potential “star witness”.

There seems to be a lot of risk in trying to walk away while pointing fingers. MOO.

When KD goes back to court in the fall - and I hope it's September and not November because it will give us something to talk about sooner - it will be interesting since he's gone through this enough times and should be better at asking questions. It will also be a new judge, so will they play it safe since there will be more focus on them, or will they release more info than the now-retired judge?

Answering Lexi's question, I don't want to have tunnel vision but still think it's JS and AP who were involved with this. If the repayment of 50 to 60 million hadn't been requested I might think otherwise. If JK hadn't been fired, if AK hadn't accused JS of having something to do with it as well. JS also wants to get rid of AG. It seems he wants control over everything.

I would definitely entertain other theories but "follow the money" always comes to mind. Only 4 people benefitted and I don't feel like 3 are behaving suspiciously.
And I constantly have this nagging question - if it is true JS and BK are close friends, I believe they were friends before he got together and married AK.

AK believes JS is involved and then AK & BK break up and divorce. (That is 2 of the original 4 trustees and only have remaining 3 trustees two family and the president of Sherfam)

Why did AK and BK break up, because she thinks JS is involved, does she think BK knows more about JS involvement than he is sharing, did she lose trust in her husband because she fears her brother and he does not?

BK was paid out large lump sums of money as a trustee and divorcee and still has a job working the Sherfam money.

I can understand Kalen's marriage and quick divorce as she navigated going through with something already planned before the murders, your life pulled out from underneath you and then you have all this wealth that cripples you. But I would expect BK to be AK support, he knows the family well and works for the bank of Barry, he knows a lot and should be able to deal with the family turmoil. They have kids as well, so this one surprises me.

The JS, AK, BK relationship and break ups has always intrigued me. From what we know it appears AK & BK were the closest family to BS & HS that week of their deaths, planning a get together.

AK believes JS is involved and then AK & BK break up and divorce. (That is 2 of the original 4 trustees and only have remaining 3 trustees two family and the president of Sherfam)

Why did AK and BK break up, because she thinks JS is involved, does she think BK knows more about JS involvement than he is sharing, did she lose trust in her husband because she fears her brother and he does not?

BK was paid out large lump sums of money as a trustee and divorcee and still has a job working the Sherfam money.
Yes, all of what you said is what I have been thinking. He is one that is definitely on my list.

Just a hunch, and no proof of anything BUT something isn't sitting well with me when it comes to a certain person that you have just mentioned. JMO

I have wondered about this too— but I think KD says they still have a decent relationship? (Am I recalling that right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43