Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #61

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.
Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Updates and chat - United States:
Current Statistics for Each Individual States

Updates and chat - Other Countries:
Stats and Information from Other Countries

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

Facial Mask Making - Coronavirus
Grocery shopping tips during Coronavirus quarantine
Recipes to share during Coronavirus quarantine
Health and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine
Quarantine Vegetable Gardens

WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing

Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59
Thread #60

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Please remember ...

No blatantly political posts.
Do not be rude or argumentative.
Do not discuss other members or enquire as to their whereabouts. Members are entitled to their privacy.

Do not discuss moderators, moderation, or removed posts. Doing so can result in a temporary or permanent ban from Websleuths.

If you state information as fact, you must provide a link to support that fact. No link, no post !!

Members may copy their own posts from the general discussion thread over to relevant, more local threads in other appropriate Covid-19 sub-forums. If you think someone else's post relates specifically to another thread within the forum, please use the Report feature to let Mods/Admins know and we will move it on over for you.

If you wish to start a new thread, please run it by a Mod or Admin for approval.

Stay safe, healthy, strong and be kind to others.

MOD REMINDER:

THERE ARE A NUMBER OF SPECIFIC SUB-FORUMS THAT HAVE BEEN CREATED TO DISCUSS THE MANY ASPECTS OF THIS EXTRAORDINARY TIME. PLEASE TRY TO KEEP YOUR POSTS ABOUT SPECIFIC TOPICS IN THOSE SUB-FORUMS TO ALLOW THOSE INTERESTED IN THOSE TOPICS TO SEE YOUR POSTS. POSTING THEM IN THIS MAIN THREAD MAKES IT MORE DIFFICULT TO FIND THEM AND CAN VEER THE MAIN THREAD A BIT SIDEWAYS. THANKS FOR TRYING YOUR BEST TO KEEP US ON TRACK!

BELOW ARE SOME QUICK LINKS, BUT THEY ARE EASY TO FIND UNDER THE MAIN COVID HEADING ABOUT SAFETY TIPS AND THINGS TO DO WHILE QUARANTINED:

VEGETABLE GARDENS

QUARANTINE RECIPES
GROCERY SHOPPING
HEALTH & SAFETY TIPS
MAKING YOUR OWN HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS
FACE MASKS FOR PROTECTION
HOMESCHOOLING
SMILES CAFE

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Permanent thread bans have been and will be issued for members who persist in trying to make the thread about politics.

In case you have not read the opening posts above, please etch this part of Tricia's post above in your memory:

NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT

@HongKongPhooey

I wanted to check in and see how you’re doing-I know you posted you are having symptoms AGAIN and I meant to respond earlier.

I am sorry to hear this.

This is very important, IMO, because it serves as real data as to if someone can indeed be infected twice.

I posted an article a while back where this DID in fact happen.

Let me grab that. (Brb)
ETA:
13 USS Roosevelt Sailors Test Positive For COVID-19, Again
May 16, 2020

I hope you are feeling better, HKP!! Hoping to hear good news. :)
Hola Margarita and thanks for the call out.

Generally, I am ok. It's just now and then, I feel like I'm having what I call a corona relapse day. No where near as bad as when I was ill, but for instance I might feel really fatigued. Tonight my legs ache. My sense of smell is still not great. Apart from the latter, it might just be the lockdown causing some of it (I bet loads of us feel fatigued, especially on a low mood kind of day).

I dont feel I had it more than once, just that it's left a lingering "something". Mr HKP agrees that I'm "not quite right yet". Coming up for three months and I saw on a Dr Campbell vid that it can take three months. So I reckon I'm getting there :):):) (live in hope!) xX

Generally, I am ok. It's just now and then, I feel like I'm having what I call a corona relapse day. No where near as bad as when I was ill, but for instance I might feel really fatigued. Tonight my legs ache. My sense of smell is still not great. Apart from the latter, it might just be the lockdown causing some of it (I bet loads of us feel fatigued, especially on a low mood kind of day).

I dont feel I had it more than once, just that it's left a lingering "something". Mr HKP agrees that I'm "not quite right yet". Coming up for three months and I saw on a Dr Campbell vid that it can take three months. So I reckon I'm getting there :):):) (live in hope!) xX

Well you hang in there and keep getting better :) :) Absolutely it can take a while to fully recover, and as you know is different for everybody. Yes, Dr. Mike had said the same thing as Dr. C.

Over on reddit, where nearly everyone who has CoVid is young, people are posting how they feel at days 60 and 70 and many report similar symptoms to yours.

Someone then posted advice from two doctors about the fatigue part:

//Fatigue is generically helped with COQ10 start at 200mg, magnesium 600mg, Ribose 5-7 grms-use the powder to titrate. This dose is too many capsules. (tastes soapy so put in something to mask the taste. This comes from Dr. Stephen Sinatra, preventive cardiology and the From Fatigued to Fantastic guy, Dr. Jacob Teitlebaum.//

I think you're having normal recovery from a serious illness. But yes, many of us do feel sad or fatigued. The fact that we can no longer see our granddaughter (we've had her 3 days a week for months and 2 days a week for nearly her whole life) is devastating. I am going to be feeling blue for a long time to come. The news about how long this virus is going to linger, if we don't get a vaccine, is legit depressing.

I'll be very happy to learn when you finally get antibody testing - I know it's hard to get and there's no rush, but I hope it's good news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/52200989

According to this link latest UK and WHO advice is to wear a mask if you cannot social distance.

Full context:

“It had previously said there was no evidence to support the use of face masks by the general population and it had discouraged those who aren't in health and care facilities from wearing them unless they were sick or caring for those who were ill.

However, the WHO recently updated its guidelines on the wearing of masks.

The organisation now recommends that people wear non-medical face coverings on public transport and in work environments where space is limited, making it more difficult to social distance.

New information has shown that masks could provide "a barrier for potentially infectious droplets" according to the WHO.

The organisation said its new guidance had been prompted by studies over recent weeks.

Those over 60 with underlying health conditions are also being encouraged to wear masks if they're unable to social distance.”

Over on reddit, where nearly everyone who has CoVid is young, people are posting how they feel at days 60 and 70 and many report similar symptoms to yours.

Someone then posted advice from two doctors about the fatigue part:

//Fatigue is generically helped with COQ10 start at 200mg, magnesium 600mg, Ribose 5-7 grms-use the powder to titrate. This dose is too many capsules. (tastes soapy so put in something to mask the taste. This comes from Dr. Stephen Sinatra, preventive cardiology and the From Fatigued to Fantastic guy, Dr. Jacob Teitlebaum.//

I think you're having normal recovery from a serious illness. But yes, many of us do feel sad or fatigued. The fact that we can no longer see our granddaughter (we've had her 3 days a week for months and 2 days a week for nearly her whole life) is devastating. I am going to be feeling blue for a long time to come. The news about how long this virus is going to linger, if we don't get a vaccine, is legit depressing.

I'll be very happy to learn when you finally get antibody testing - I know it's hard to get and there's no rush, but I hope it's good news.
Me too! I will wait until the tests available are proven as far as poss too.

I must have had a fortunate life in terms of health overall. OK, it's not the best now as I have controlled bp, cholesterol and low vit D - losing weight, getting more active, absolutely needed!

But it has occurred to me that it's the first illness I've had which could have turned very nasty, or worse. Realistically speaking. That has been quite a sobering thought.

ETA thanks for the advice. I hit post by accident

What's better-miss a fishing trip, or die attached to a ventilator?
Exactly.

Please don't anyone feel bad for my husband. He's done plenty of fishing locally. There is no way in hell that I would be comfortable with him flying or staying in a hotel. It's one thing if you're single. It's another if you have a spouse that you could potentially expose.

I dunno. What's better-miss a fishing trip, or die attached to a ventilator? Ones who died aren't going to get those years back for sure. But you don't seem to be concerned about that.

And not only dying, the suffering and illness that can occur in some people alone is enough to make me take this very seriously. I don’t want to suffer, plain and simple. Some of the things I’ve read and heard about, how bad it can be for some—CO Governor Polis was just talking last week about his friend Mike at the DOT who has had to teach himself to walk again, he lost 3 percent of his muscle mass a DAY, and he said them pulling that tube out was excruciating, I believe the phrase was something along the lines of it felt like it was pulled out all the way from his toenails.

Last edited:
Last edited:
God bless America. It was over 9,000 per day for him for the ICU. Not including use of the ventilator.

Can I just say, I haven’t seen a canister bank since the 80’s!! That is super cool! I loved those things when I was a kid.

[bbm]

I have no idea what that is?
our drive-through banks are an ATM - no actual person is there

ETA: all explained in following posts

Health experts warn of coronavirus risks at Trump's upcoming rally

“With President Donald Trump's rally in Tulsa, Okla., less than a week away, health experts warned that the indoor venue and potentially large crowd could help spread the coronavirus, putting attendees and others at risk.

"I'm concerned about our ability to protect anyone who attends a large, indoor event," Bruce Dart, director of the Tulsa city and county health department, told the Tulsa World. "And I'm also concerned about our ability to ensure the president stays safe as well."

The scheduled rally comes as new infections are trending upward in at least 21 states across the South and the West, prompting some governors to rethink reopening plans and renewing concerns that the country could be a long way from containing the pandemic. Alabama, Oregon and South Carolina are among the states with the biggest increases. Alabama saw a 92 percent increase in its seven-day average, while Oregon's seven-day average was up 83.8 percent and South Carolina's was up 60.3 percent.”

[...]

“The indoor venues and large crowds anticipated for Trump's rally Saturday in Tulsa and the Republican National Convention in August could help spread the coronavirus, putting attendees and others at risk, infectious-disease expert Michael T. Osterholm told Fox News.

Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said in an interview with Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday" that chanting and shouting can help aerosolize the virus, exposing the thousands expected to attend both events.

"Would I want my loved ones in a setting like that? Absolutely not," Osterholm said. "And it wouldn't matter about politics, I wouldn't want them there."

The venue for Saturday's rally, the BOK Center, has a capacity to seat more than 19,000, but Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale tweeted Sunday that 800,000 have signed up.

When registering for tickets, attendees were required to acknowledge a disclaimer that they would not hold the Trump campaign or the venue liable if they got sick.“

I actually understand if you are really young, like in your late teens and maybe 20's. Looking good is really important----- but when people in their 40's and up start making excuses, like it makes a person look scared or weak: i have no patience for that at all.
People in their 40s, even 30s are getting the virus and dying from it --- I honestly feel like a lot of people do not understand what a pandemic really is: i think they tend to underestimate the concept of human to human transmission and how powerful this virus is.
They'll find out the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member