GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #69

doodles1211

Reaction score
New Canaan Police are looking for a missing woman Saturday, May 25.

Jennifer Dulos, 50, was reported missing around 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 24. A sliver alert has been issued.

New Canaan Police with the assistance of the Connecticut State Police initiated a search and an investigation both of which are ongoing as of 8:45 am. Saturday..

Anyone with information related to Dulos’s whereabouts should contact Sgt. Joseph Farenga at 203-505-1332.

920x920.jpg

New Canaan Police search for missing woman

Media thread:
CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, Media, Maps, Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64. Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68

Last edited by a moderator:
This was in response to question on prior thread about payment for report issue:

I don’t think there is a clear picture on the record that is viewable to answer this issue that I can see that isolated payment as being the sole issue that resulted in report being unfinished as it seems that at some point Herman was in fact paid something.

The record shows the parties going back and forth about the payment issue and per usual FD wanted JF to pay but it looks like they eventually split the fee of Herman. Idk if Herman received his full fee from both parties or if one or both of the parties was still contesting the report or the fee, or both.

Fwiw I don’t believe Horn would necessarily be positioned to opine definitively on the payment issue as much of the motion activity surrounding the report and the hearing is sealed. There wasn’t a stand alone order from the court that I can recall about the payment issue either. I do wonder if Horn was simply repeating something as fact that MT had told him about the fee issue?

I also don’t know if there is a court rule about payment of fees if the report contents are in dispute or are being contested? Judge Heller and GAL seemed to address fee issues consistently as the overall fees were ongoing and quite high imo. It’s possible that the GAL periodic requests for payment could have detailed the specific payment to Herman but I don’t recall this as the payment of fees was ongoing and largely routine iirc.

If I had to guess about the Herman fees it would be that Judge Heller would have made sure that both parties paid what they owed to Dr Herman and then litigated the findings of the report and perhaps that was what was going on at the time and which resulted in Dr Herman leaving the stand? The professionals providing these reports are credentialed by the Court and I don’t think they would have their work payment subject to the satisfaction of the parties but this is my speculation.

Perhaps Dr Herman didn’t appreciate his findings being questioned on the stand or perhaps wouldn’t explain something to the satisfaction of Judge Heller or JF attorney? I simply don’t know based on what I recall reading long ago but we do know that no matter what was going on at the hearing that Judge Heller deemed the report incomplete and removed it from the record and sealed it.

This is speculation only but I do wonder if Herman left the stand under examination by JF attorney Middler? Both parties attorneys I believe were able to question the Dr and I also believe Judge Heller had ability to question the Doctor about the report.

Also speculation but if Dr Herman was presenting his report to the Court and perhaps an objection could have been raised by either party with a ruling at the time by Judge Heller and Dr Herman disagreed and simply walked out of the hearing?

Last edited:
This was in response to question on prior thread about payment for report issue:

I don’t think there is a clear picture on the record that is viewable to answer this issue that I can see that isolated payment as being the sole issue that resulted in report being unfinished as it seems that at some point Herman was in fact paid something.

The record shows the parties going back and forth about the payment issue and per usual FD wanted JF to pay but it looks like they eventually split the fee of Herman. Idk if Herman received his full fee from both parties or if one or both of the parties was still contesting the report or the fee, or both.

Fwiw I don’t believe Horn would necessarily be positioned to opine definitively on the payment issue as much of the motion activity surrounding the report and the hearing is sealed. There wasn’t a stand alone order from the court that I can recall about the payment issue either. I do wonder if Horn was simply repeating something as fact that MT had told him about the fee issue?

I also don’t know if there is a court rule about payment of fees if the report contents are in dispute or are being contested? Judge Heller and GAL seemed to address fee issues consistently as the overall fees were ongoing and quite high imo. It’s possible that the GAL periodic requests for payment could have detailed the specific payment to Herman but I don’t recall this as the payment of fees was ongoing and largely routine iirc.

If I had to guess about the Herman fees it would be that Judge Heller would have made sure that both parties paid what they owed to Dr Herman and then litigated the findings of the report and perhaps that was what was going on at the time and which resulted in Dr Herman leaving the stand? The professionals providing these reports are credentialed by the Court and I don’t think they would have their work payment subject to the satisfaction of the parties but this is my speculation.

Perhaps Dr Herman didn’t appreciate his findings being questioned on the stand or perhaps wouldn’t explain something to the satisfaction of Judge Heller or JF attorney? I simply don’t know based on what I recall reading long ago but we do know that no matter what was going on at the hearing that Judge Heller deemed the report incomplete and removed it from the record and sealed it.

This is speculation only but I do wonder if Herman left the stand under examination by JF attorney Middler? Both parties attorneys I believe were able to question the Dr and I also believe Judge Heller had ability to question the Doctor about the report.

Also speculation but if Dr Herman was presenting his report to the Court and perhaps an objection could have been raised by either party with a ruling at the time by Judge Heller and Dr Herman disagreed and simply walked out of the hearing?
I recall reading that FD objected to having the report done, Judge Heller acknowledged that but said something (in a filing) to the effect that because FD didn't file a proper objection, the court couldn't consider it. Made me guess that FD was self-represented at the time.

Dr. Stephen Herman, a child psychiatrist who authored a recent custody report, was paid more than $40,000 despite leaving the witness stand during cross-examination by Farber Dulos’ attorney Reuben Midler, and refusing to finish his testimony, which could make his report moot in family court.

Herman submitted his custody report to Meehan on April 24. A week later, Midler filed a motion asking the judge to remove Meehan as the guardian because he claimed Meehan had allowed Michael Rose, Dulos’ new attorney, to see it before the judge issued an order on how it would be distributed. It was Rose’s copy that was found in Dulos’ home after state police searched it last month.

Meehan asked Heller to investigate how Dulos ended up with the report. Heller ordered copies of the reports returned to Meehan and said attorneys could only look at it and take notes in his presence.

Last edited:
While there is ongoing discussion about the sealed ‘Report’….. something in afitzy’s post in the prior thread caught me. The following statement is snipped by me - and the full link is below:

“As I mentioned previously, I believe Judge Heller had left the discredited Herman report in the rear view mirror and was fixated on FD and his finances shortly before the murder of JF.”

My quick observation from that, once the ‘Report’ is ‘tossed’ if one will, now sights are set on FD finances? Well that won’t be good for obvious reasons for FD and any cohorts, and might also add in another motive and objective. And FD wouldn’t want that investigated I would imagine? Maybe another reason for the effort to remove JF?

And once FD took himself out, now what do the remaining alleged co-conspirators have to build their case or defense? I will leave it at that.

One last thing….. I thought I read earlier that FD was examined multiple times by the doctor(s) in preparation of the ‘Report’? And how many times was JF examined by those same doctors? SkylarSid in an earlier link posted the apparent cost of the report. $$$$$! IMO
MOO

Full link to priorthread discussion:
Post in thread 'CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68'
GUILTY - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

Last edited:
I recall reading that FD objected to having the report done, Judge Heller acknowledged that but said something (in a filing) to the effect that because FD didn't file a proper objection, the court couldn't consider it. Made me guess that FD was self-represented at the time.
Yes, that is correct on both his objection and being self represented at the time. FD created chaos during that period and I always speculated it was his way of trying to get JF to pay for his attorneys (Judge Heller denied this request from FD) to simply get the process of divorce and custody resolved. But, this never happened and even when FD did eventually get an attorney that he created chaos. I think JF filed motions to remove most of the FD attorneys (Pytranker and Rose) along with the GAL Meehan. FD also at various times petitioned for alimony and support but these requests were denied I believe due to his unwillingness to provide truthful financial information to the court even under oath. The situation for most of the two years was tit for tat with much complaining about JF not having all the children available for each FD visit and there was even a motion from FD about “waterskiing”.

It’s interesting that no matter what FD said publically about resolving the Family Court situation imo his actions were not in line with his words. No matter what JF tried to do in Court to move things forward, with FD it was always Opposite Day.

What I never understood is why after a year of FD activity that Judge Heller (she was second judge on case) didn’t toss FD in jail? She censured him, reprimanded him and the record, took away custody for a time, had him on supervised custody but he still lied under oath and I just didn’t see how they were ever going to resolve the financial issues? Judge heller even at one point ordered the seizure of FD Computers and electronics from the FORE offices. I don’t think the results of this seizure were public as I don’t recall reading about it but Judge Heller did try to get to the bottom of the finances but nothing seemed to work imo.

Whole situation at Family Court shortly before JF Murder was almost as if the case had just started as FD had lied about his finances yet again and Judge Heller ordered him to provide financial information and the Custody Report had been tossed so presumably would have had to be done again had the case continued. It just seemed that FD wanted more delay and then he would pepper in periodic custody requests for all or a couple of the children which Judge Heller would immediately deny.

Moo

Dr. Stephen Herman, a child psychiatrist who authored a recent custody report, was paid more than $40,000 despite leaving the witness stand during cross-examination by Farber Dulos’ attorney Reuben Midler, and refusing to finish his testimony, which could make his report moot in family court.

Herman submitted his custody report to Meehan on April 24. A week later, Midler filed a motion asking the judge to remove Meehan as the guardian because he claimed Meehan had allowed Michael Rose, Dulos’ new attorney, to see it before the judge issued an order on how it would be distributed. It was Rose’s copy that was found in Dulos’ home after state police searched it last month.

Meehan asked Heller to investigate how Dulos ended up with the report. Heller ordered copies of the reports returned to Meehan and said attorneys could only look at it and take notes in his presence.

From the above article:

1.“The hearing ended with Midler arguing strenuously against Dulos getting the children for the Greek Orthodox Easter weekend on April 28.

“This is a piece of self-interest litigation that’s being driven by the defendant, because he has other concerns than the healing of the family; he’s more concerned with the problems back at” Dulos’ home in Farmington, Midler said, according to court transcripts.”

BBM: reference to conflict with MT. Entire T clan was coming for Greek Easter, and FD needed to have the kids there for that, to put on the “one big family” show- you know how much “family” means to the Ts.
Under the current conditions, if the kids were there, then the T clan couldn’t be, and all of them were imminently descending from far off locales for the big Greek Easter bash.
What a bind! The entire T family visiting but MT and N would have to leave the party if the kids were there. What a public humiliation that would be. Things must have been boiling over, no wonder Heller had to admonish FD and Midler to stop fighting on the stand.

2.”In addition, Midler filed motions requesting that a forensic examination of Dulos’ computers be done to determine if he had lied on his financial affidavit. A hearing on those motions was scheduled to take place in May and was expected to last for several days.”

FD’s goose was cooked and he knew it. MT was threatening to move to CO (according to Petu under oath) or at least, they were “fighting all the time” (according to MT in LE interview, backed up by Meehan).
His financial shambles and fraud was about to be publicly exposed, by and to the person he had long been financially dependent upon behind his slick veneer as a “luxury developer”.
As @lucegirl pointed out, the humiliation of having to be supervised by a $150/hr babysitter at arms length at all times added insult to injury and FD must have been fighting internally like a cornered animal. No doubt revenge fantasies, as JFD alluded to in her divorce filing, had been brewing for quite some time, and pushed to the brink by fiascos of his own making and pressure from the MT clan, he figured now or never.

MOO

Beautiful summary there sleuth66! Sums it up pretty well as to the ongoings for FD and those in his circle at that time. And I imagine FD also read that arrest affidavit in those days. And then we know one of his next actions, to eliminate himself. That AA was an amazing summary of investigation and detective work and nailed much of the actions and case down IMO. Will be interesting to see how that information and other add ons will factor in the KM case. Also looking forward to the next stages of contempt and sentencing for MT.

I don't understand how payment (or lack of) would be an explanation for Herman leaving the stand in the middle of his testimony. Surely he knew before taking the stand whether he had been paid or not! I tend to think the other option is more feasible - that he was unhappy with either cross-examination or one of the judge's rulings. Guess we will never know for sure.

I just wanted to put the Judge Heller order back in this thread so there is no doubt as to what she did with the Herman report. The order makes clear that Dr Herman left the stand on cross examination, the report was not complete and the hearing adjourned (see below Order).

From the record I believe the Herman report was 'done and dusted' and Judge Heller was now focused on making some progress on the financial issues as they had been at a standstill for the duration of the proceedings and JF had been paying for everything related to children with zero contribution from FD.

1710093765961.png

From the above article:

1.“The hearing ended with Midler arguing strenuously against Dulos getting the children for the Greek Orthodox Easter weekend on April 28.

“This is a piece of self-interest litigation that’s being driven by the defendant, because he has other concerns than the healing of the family; he’s more concerned with the problems back at” Dulos’ home in Farmington, Midler said, according to court transcripts.”

BBM: reference to conflict with MT. Entire T clan was coming for Greek Easter, and FD needed to have the kids there for that, to put on the “one big family” show- you know how much “family” means to the Ts.
Under the current conditions, if the kids were there, then the T clan couldn’t be, and all of them were imminently descending from far off locales for the big Greek Easter bash.
What a bind! The entire T family visiting but MT and N would have to leave the party if the kids were there. What a public humiliation that would be. Things must have been boiling over, no wonder Heller had to admonish FD and Midler to stop fighting on the stand.

2.”In addition, Midler filed motions requesting that a forensic examination of Dulos’ computers be done to determine if he had lied on his financial affidavit. A hearing on those motions was scheduled to take place in May and was expected to last for several days.”

FD’s goose was cooked and he knew it. MT was threatening to move to CO (according to Petu under oath) or at least, they were “fighting all the time” (according to MT in LE interview, backed up by Meehan).
His financial shambles and fraud was about to be publicly exposed, by and to the person he had long been financially dependent upon behind his slick veneer as a “luxury developer”.
As @lucegirl pointed out, the humiliation of having to be supervised by a $150/hr babysitter at arms length at all times added insult to injury and FD must have been fighting internally like a cornered animal. No doubt revenge fantasies, as JFD alluded to in her divorce filing, had been brewing for quite some time, and pushed to the brink by fiascos of his own making and pressure from the MT clan, he figured now or never.

MOO
Also add that FD tried to get Judge Heller disqualified. He called her husband's law firm, allegedly to retain a new lawyer. He was referred to Heller's husband--allegedly quite by chance, and shared with him info about his divorce action. Allegedly, FD then found out this was Heller's husband he spoke with and tried to get her disqualified on a spousal conflict of interest. Heller refused to recuse.

Also add that FD tried to get Judge Heller disqualified. He called her husband's law firm, allegedly to retain a new lawyer. He was referred to Heller's husband--allegedly quite by chance, and shared with him info about his divorce action. Allegedly, FD then found out this was Heller's husband he spoke with and tried to get her disqualified on a spousal conflict of interest. Heller refused to recuse.
Yes, I'd always wondered if this was some tip from best atty buddy and King of the FD atty "RAT PACK" KM?

It was just so absolutely shady but it was par for the course with FD as he did his best to create absolute chaos in Family Court. Judge Heller was quite annoyed by the entire event as it had come after a good amt of time of FD obstruction in Court too.

What I also questioned is just how much MT knew or understood about what all was going on in Family Court? But, did she do what she tried to do in Probate Court and read the file? The file was available with the exception of sealed items. Did MT chose instead to believe FD about what was going on? It just seemed that after a certain point with such a long proceeding that someone might want to check out if they were getting the true story? It seemed fairly clear that MT and Mama Troconis were all over the Family Court drama from MT filing the Protective Order in Farmington PD to the entire crazy discussion where FD and MT claimed that one of the Dulos sons said something along the lines that they had overheard a conversation where somebody was, "going to break FD legs".

The idea that these kinds of issues were raised and where young children were being used was something that was upsetting to read. Because I think what happened was that once the allegation was made by FD/MT about what the child said to them that the child would then have to be interviewed about the event and the record in Court adjusted accordingly. IDK, whether this was part of the FD/MT plan to upset and disorient JF about the children but there did seem to be an active campaign by FD/MT to bring the young children into the drama and as I've said, it was upsetting to see as the children must have sensed what was going on and it effectively pit one parent against the other. All this drama was happening amidst I believe a course of individual therapy and family therapy and it was one of the family therapy notes that made it into the Stamford Advocate via FD and his attorney and which JF and her attorney wrote a motion of protest as it was a leak of confidential mental health records and frankly I'd wished the JF had sued the Stamford Advocate as it should never have been printed imo.

But, what was clear was that during the period of "Murder Night Dinner" that there was nothing to celebrate in Family Court and so this leads me to believe that perhaps FD and MT had agreed to put forward the "Happy" and "All Is Well" and "Children will be skiing at the pond soon" agenda at the dinner but did so only as a cover for the murder of JF.

MOO

I just wanted to put the Judge Heller order back in this thread so there is no doubt as to what she did with the Herman report. The order makes clear that Dr Herman left the stand on cross examination, the report was not complete and the hearing adjourned (see below Order).

From the record I believe the Herman report was 'done and dusted' and Judge Heller was now focused on making some progress on the financial issues as they had been at a standstill for the duration of the proceedings and JF had been paying for everything related to children with zero contribution from FD.

View attachment 489462

Seeing your post, I took the opportunity to add these dates to my timeline and found something kind of interesting. It looks like MT had her fender bender on May 17th - the same day Herman was testifying then got tossed. Wonder if she was distracted by thoughts of the hearing. Or maybe she already knew Herman was out and was mad.

Seeing your post, I took the opportunity to add these dates to my timeline and found something kind of interesting. It looks like MT had her fender bender on May 17th - the same day Herman was testifying then got tossed. Wonder if she was distracted by thoughts of the hearing. Or maybe she already knew Herman was out and was mad.
My goodness! From the play “The Rehearsal” - I can’t contain myself:
”THE PLOT THICKENS!”

Wow! - just Wow!

Oh yes, I had forgotten about this!

FD was so desperate. Willing to try anything, his pushy domineering belligerent attitude had worked in the past but was running up against limits and he was running out of time.

Also, @afitzy re your post on the last thread about the spelling of his name, I actually just figured out there is alternative spelling of Doulos. So I decided to do a bit of searching on Family Search and someone has absolutely spammed the heck out of Jennifer's name and the others involved. It's crazy, page after page of made up family history - like in the hundreds. I didn't take time to look at many of them, but the entries I saw were made on March 2, 2024, the day after the verdict. I don't think that those who were happy with the verdict would do that.

While there is ongoing discussion about the sealed ‘Report’….. something in afitzy’s post in the prior thread caught me. The following statement is snipped by me - and the full link is below:

“As I mentioned previously, I believe Judge Heller had left the discredited Herman report in the rear view mirror and was fixated on FD and his finances shortly before the murder of JF.”

My quick observation from that, once the ‘Report’ is ‘tossed’ if one will, now sights are set on FD finances? Well that won’t be good for obvious reasons for FD and any cohorts, and might also add in another motive and objective. And FD wouldn’t want that investigated I would imagine? Maybe another reason for the effort to remove JF?

And once FD took himself out, now what do the remaining alleged co-conspirators have to build their case or defense? I will leave it at that.

One last thing….. I thought I read earlier that FD was examined multiple times by the doctor(s) in preparation of the ‘Report’? And how many times was JF examined by those same doctors? SkylarSid in an earlier link posted the apparent cost of the report. $$$$$! IMO
MOO

Full link to priorthread discussion:
Post in thread 'CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68'
GUILTY - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68
I read somewhere too that the doctor had also interviewed FD several times about JF and for the life of me could not find it again so I didn’t mention it. I did find the article about how much FD paid the doctor. So, you have a psychological evaluation based on interviews with FD, a known liar and a narcissist who was hell bent on destroy JF’s credibility. Maybe the doctor realized on the stand how unethical his report was and that is why he quit testifying???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back