Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an off the wall question I want to note that has been bugging me as I stress and stress over the fact that the audio does not sound to me to any man under 45ish, JMO.

I wonder in the back of my mind if there just miiiiight be one sliiiight audio effect on the recording which was created during the process of optimization. Chances are of course that these clips were extracted and optimized by the top forensic audiologists, etc.; however from a “sound engineer’s - type standpoint”, so to speak, imo there always exists the slight chance that this could provide a variance or acoustical alteration, even if only very slightly.

Whatever the case, again I have faith that the audio is about as best as it can be.

(ETA: It’s like the old Led Zeppelin records—do they always sound necessarily “better” when converted to digital, “remastered”, etc, or during this conversion is a natural element lost...

Last edited:
Let me know if my profile on page #31 has incorrect facts so I can rethink my profile. Anyways, I glad to be here! @MassGuy -- another MA guy here too!

(Oh nooo...JK heehee...

(ETA /OT, we used to have fireworks here to welcome new members, but since we don’t anymore, here’s a special welcome thread for you that I just haaappened to peeeeeersonally create (LoL) that you may find of interest haha (it actually really DOES have some serious sleuthing going on! FBI, Texas Rangers, surveillance analysis, the full shebang!):

Who Stole Tom Brady's Jersey? )

Back to these girls. Serious business here!!

Last edited:
I think the offender was self-aware enough to know that they're not normal, and, had received objective criticism about how they come across from those around him. But, it wasn't taken well and simply added to their own self-loathing. I originally was thinking maybe the girls were aware enough of his presence where maybe they strategically thought 'let's abruptly take this hard left at the fork to see if he follows..." But it appears there's really not a whole lot of forks. It seems like it's kind of a straight shot, no? I am guessing he likely left them alone, and, may have only encountered once, face-to-face, if at all. I don't think he just kept popping up, but, was perhaps a super weird guy with his attire, demeanor, and perspiration? And, then just appeared once he knew they were effectively cornered? I had some weird encounters, like many of us, as a kid. I never liked being in secluded places for reasons such as this. But, I always let my guard down when I had a close friend nearby. My intuition kicks in sometimes, and I can't help but trying to put myself in their shoes. As a kid, I went with a group of friends up to Maine to party. We were all reasonable fit males, but something I had forgotten about recently reentered my consciousness. A group of yokels in a pickup drove past us while we were on foot, and they screamed at us in an attempt to frighten us. A friend of mine, drunk, decided to yell something wise back. Immediately, you heard screeching brakes and they changed directions to follow us. We immediately ran. We were near a lake, as we were staying in a cabin about 1 mile away. They followed us, speeding up dangerously close, as if to run us over. We ended up hiding in someone's yard along the waterfront. We kind of split up, and a friend and I stayed together, trying to inch our way back to our home base without arousing attention. We hid near cove on the water, and, these $$%%^ actually go out of their pickup, and waded thru the water in attempt to sneak up behind us. I was much fitter and faster than my friend, but, he urged me to leave him there and make it back safely. I refused to leave him there. We ended up staying there for nearly an hour until we felt it was safe. We were 180 lb males, but we would've had problems against these much bigger and older adults. It made me think of these poor girls, and, how honorable and courageous they were to stick together facing such unimaginable evil. Let's catch this .

Dear x_files,

Yes, it could be any one of these you've mentioned that needs to happen for the LE to tie this together and make the arrest.

Plus - who knows how much information they have on one or two viable suspects - they just need as you say - one more thing.

I have faith in this investigative team and after watching the recent press conference - there is momentum!

L.E. will get what they need, hopefully sooner than later, but they will get this guy.

May tomorrow be the day for the arrest!

I agree in order to have an airtight case for the DA. A confession, witnesses or more evidence would do just that. I really hope his BG's family isn't protecting him knowing full well what he did.

Regarding the question why nobody (seemed to have) heard anything. IMO the victims may have been gagged, taped or quickly incapacitated - or - the terrain in combination with a little wind (between 6 mph N and 13 mph W) buffered the sounds?

Here is a map with circles originating form the SE end of the bridge with .1/.2/.4/.5 and 1 mile radius in case someone wants to estimate how far sounds would have carried. The map also includes direct visibility lines (colored) on the trail leading to the bridge:

Where I run there are hills and I can't hear anyone the moment they go over one hill and are at the top of the other. And these are hills that are super close together. So if I'm near the top of one hill I can't hear one thing occurring at the top of the other or at the bottom just over the hill.

I would think it would be easy to miss even if there was a lot of blood.
Blood turns brownish, and appears darker as it dries, and may have blended in with the ground, old leaves, or any sticks or branches lying around. Imo

did they use any dogs? I can't tell from that photo but it might have looked much different in person.

It might be as simple as one person unbeknownst providing the alibi may need to be interrogated again, and he/she is traveling in Laos, Cambodia, or Tibet, a place without Internet?

I am making totally random assumptions, but it could be that simple. Waiting for the person to come back to ask him/her really scratch the memory.

Maybe! I have no idea. But I cannot wait until BG is caught!

(Ahahahahaha, you obviously haven’t read back far enough LOL—-all kinds of potential various “syndromes” mentioned!! )
(Ahahahahaha, you obviously haven’t read back far enough LOL—-all kinds of potential various “syndromes” mentioned!! )

It's cool. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. Again, when we don't know the right answer, we can't really say anyone is wrong. Though, I will disagree...

DISCLAIMER: First time poster here, in fact, I made profile just so I could my amateur opinion. Many of the things I say will read as common sense, or, a culmination of other things I've read, heard, or listened to that resonated with me. So, please do not thing in any way that I am passing my thoughts off as my own, or, rehashing things that may have been stated 2 years ago. I had to sift thru numerous closed threads that I really would've liked to have read in their entirety, but, alas, I am here to add my own thoughts.

2.) This is not a criminal mastermind. At all. I agree with @MassGuy that this is someone who was extremely lucky to pull off such a high risk offense in broad daylight.

3.) I do not believe this is a sociopath/psychopath, or likely to commit a heinous crime like this again. I think this a god-fearing person with a conscience, and is well aware of right and wrong from a biblical and legal standpoint.
How such a person descended into committing such a horrible crime is beyond comprehension.

BBM. While the second statement I agree with, the third one, that he will not kill again, I disagree.

About "a god-fearing person with a conscience" - don't buy it!

He may be religious. He does not understand what morality is. He had sadistic, sexualized dreams, maybe for years, and now he acted on them.

4.) I do not this person would be described as charming, and, likely is incredibly social awkward around women his own age. In fact, I would venture a guess that this person has had limited, or, no, successful relationships with women. In fact, I would take a guess that this person has likely questioned their own sexuality, and, repressed their own desires in an feeble attempt to satisfy social norms more closely aligned to that which was taught int he bible.
He is probably way less mature than his biological age. Probably a teenager in an adult body, and lots of these questions are the norm for teenagers.
5.) I would guess this person may be described as a bit of introverted, bordering on a loner -- but, does indeed have friends, family, and acquaintances -- but are unable to form close relationships with anyone in their age group, or express what is truly eating away at them.

6.) I suspect this person has deep-seeded body image issues, and, likely rejects themselves from men/women their own age, due to a perceived flaw that is likely not even noticeable. I think they're unable to express themselves and feel overly helpless, unlovable, and, destined to be miserable.

7.) I think this person certainly has ties to the community, and, could've been a former alter boy, eagle scout, an all american midwestern kid. I would guess that women, however, have found themselves uncomfortable around this individual, but few could put their finger on why.

8.) I think this person went to the bridg with added layers to conceal suspicious instruments, and, so they didn't emerge from the woods with blood spatter. I would guess they probably washed up in the creek. It doesn't strike me an organized offender, though some elements seem meticulously planned. I would guess he had binding instruments, some kind of chemical, like bleach, for instance, and a weapon. I think he ideally wanted a single, slightly older victim. And, wanted to do a blitz style attack before they saw his face, but, was prepared to kill if this was required during the commission of the crime.

This very phrase - BBM - is in total contradiction with your previous statement about a "god-fearing person" who would not kill again.. What you are discussing are torture instruments, meaning, sadistic premeditation.

He would kill again...unless stopped. And he would hunt for someone not able to resist. A child, a disabled person, a small-frame woman.

12.) I am guessing he flashed a badge and/or weapon, and used some plea to authority, knowing that his added life experience wouldn't make it super challenging to overpower, or, trick the girls into a very dangerous situation. I am guessing it was something like:

"Guys, This bridge is very unsafe and you shouldn't have walked across it. Down the hill."

"Guys, I saw you litter. Down the hill to pick it up."

"Guys, this is my private property... Down the hill and "

Some type of authority as an adult, and, to make them feel like THEY did something wrong, when the reality was it was the other way around.

Bingo! This is exactly what I thought he said. Or something very similar. Or, "Guys, this bridge is unsafe for walking and is to be closed. Down the hill". Something that would make them feel guilty and ashamed.

The rest is nothing new, sorry...

I also have the feeling that he was daydreaming about a sadistic, erotic, encounter, for many years. Maybe since high-Middle school. What people in the town he used to live in might remember would be some anonymous letters mentioning some torture elements ("a rope. A lighter. A knife" - just as an example). Or possibly, he shared these dreams with peers. Anyhow, people wrote it off as part of him being "odd", but they may remember it now.

Last edited:
. . . I haven't seen anyone attribute some obscure medical diagnosis that affects like .0001% of the population . . .
Welcome ejtheintj! In this case, I personally believe this IS the root of BG's problems. Keep your mind open and listen. We have some great physical and mental health members here. I am convinced BG's issues stem from something that occurred about 10 years ago that had a devastating effect on him. What the trigger was/is for this atrocious act he committed, I have no idea. And, I don't think he is serial killer, but who knows. JMO

Last edited:
This may have been covered, but I couldn’t find anything on this, so if it has, someone correct me, but do we know for sure that the audio they released was in sequence, exactly as it was said?

Could they have cut some out? Could he have said “Guys, whatcha up to?” “Guys, why aren’t you 2 in school?” “Guys, can you tell me how to get down to the creek?” ANYTHING to strike up a conversation and put their guards down? Because they were talking about the weird guy, and then he shows up behind them. They were probably noticeably freaked out and defensive. He may have said something to drop their guard and at that point they may have thought “Hmmm...he looks a little familiar....” And after letting their guard down a bit then he could begin his attack and order them “down the hill”. It would be easier to subdue them if he somehow gained their confidence, even for a short time. I still think he may have known of these 2 girls, perhaps had seen them attend church, around town, at high school sports, etc.
MOO
I really didn't want to be the one to mention this, but what if "Guys" was spoken after the murders? "Guys, why did you make me do this to you?" Now I'm just off to use the brain bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal